Anyone feel their stress level is too high to give birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-13-2009, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is will be my 4th pregnancy and child, yet it is the latest I've gone without giving birth. I seriously think stress is a huge factor because this is one of the most stressful times I've been through in a long time (apart from the PG).

Anyone else have this feeling?

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#2 of 8 Old 11-13-2009, 12:31 AM

ya i think stress for my life lately has keep this baby in

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#3 of 8 Old 11-13-2009, 05:50 AM

my most horrifically stressful pregnancy was my last one, and she came at 43w. dunno what you want to make of that, tho--LOL.

by the time you're postdates, that is stress enough--ACK!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#4 of 8 Old 11-13-2009, 09:10 AM

Yep, totally. I am 4 days more pregnant than ever as of today and no signs of anything.

I have some residual stress and fears that I have been trying very, very, very, very hard to release but finding it very difficult. I had some serious contractions the other day and then those thoughts just popped in my head and I could hardly breath. Then I worry that I won't be able to release enough to let it happen.

My stress is for after the birth. I live in a homebirth unfriendly state- I will have to go to the OB afterward for a rH shot. He gave me no hassle with my last birth(told him the baby came too quick) but I am worried that he might this time. Last time the ped's nurse seriously hassled me- althought he ped was cool and being the walking spectacle in the ped's office was not fun. Then the fallout from dh's family for our decision. Oh, and our house burned down 2 days before she was born- so I have some PTS from all of that and try as I might I am having a hard time breaking that thought cycle. Logically I know that the house is extremely unlikely to burn down again- so I shouldn't have that stress. But perhaps the OB will catch on to the fact that I am purposely doing hbs and give me hassle. Or what if I have the babe today and cannot get in to the OB for a shot- I need to look up how long I have to get it. I do NOT want to risk having to go the ER to get a shot w/ a newborn baby = that is specifically why I have the backup OB he is the ONLY decent dr in town. Anyway, I am not even post dates yet, due on Sunday, but have had a few practice runs and I wonder if not for that stress if labor would have already came.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#5 of 8 Old 11-13-2009, 11:23 AM

No solutions just hugs
I feel certain mine (#4, born 1 day before due date; my latest otherwise was born 6 days before due date) stayed in so long (even in labor when it kept slowing down) due to stress!
Try to talk it out here and/or in person, with your dh, etc. Might help, can't hurt.

-lava
#6 of 8 Old 11-13-2009, 12:20 PM

yes, yes, yes! last night i started to get contractions that felt very promising. this was around 7:30. I was sitting alone, getting excited as I felt them coming. they were consistent and getting stronger. At 8:30 I got up to do some work in the kitchen. In come my 2 kids, one of them crying and that one started clinging to my legs, the other one whining and talking "mommy I want water" "no mommy, i want some juice instead" "mommy are you going to bake cookies?" yadda yadda yadda...

within 15 minutes I had no more contractions. Instead I had tears of frustration in my eyes. I tried explaining to DH how inhibited I feel. He just doesn't seem to get it (at the same time he's bugging me "when do you think it's going to come? It's almost one week past EDD blah blah blah)

I don't think I can take it anymore! This baby will never come out so long as all this stress is around. i need a solution!

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#7 of 8 Old 11-13-2009, 02:50 PM

Personally, I think the little loves come when they're ready, regardless of how horrible or good mama feels!!!! With dd #2, I had bronchitis for three months prior to her birth; I coughed so much that I broke a rib. Did she come early? No indeedy, she was nine days late. I could not have been any more ready for her to be born, but she clung to my uterus and refused to come out. With ds, I had bronchitis for three weeks (only), dd #2 was wretchedly, wretchedly ill, and I really needed to have him so that my mom could take off work and come help us. Did he come early? Nopety nope. Sigh. Maybe external stressors and the need to get baby out affect some moms, but apparently not me. BTW, no bronchitis this time and I only have a week or so left. I would love to not be sick this time!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#8 of 8 Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditafoster View Post
Personally, I think the little loves come when they're ready, regardless of how horrible or good mama feels!!!!
I would think this, but with my other 3, their births were timed perfectly. My 1st was born when I was done with work, done with having a cold, and felt "ready." With #2, I had just finished my master's, and that evening we went out to celebrate. When we got home, I said-- OK, baby, you can come now! I cleaned the house the next day, and had a wonderful labor/birthing experience that night. With the 3rd, my mom couldn't help until 2/14 but there was a huge blizzard that day, so I said-- wait! She was born 2/15.

I do think stress plays a huge part in things, which is why so many women go into labor at night, once the kids are in bed and everything is calmer.

Things seem a little more settled here. Maybe that will encourage the baby to come out! I am not 100% feeling ready, even though my due date is this Tuesday. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Hugs to all of you in stressful situations. I wish I could help!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page