postdates yet?? whine about it here. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm 41w now. 4cm dilated, 50% effaced. Tons of pinchy, breathe-thru-them contractions. Lost my plug over a week ago. Ya know, all the "labor is imminent" signs.

I've been taking labor herbs for the last month or more, I've had my membranes stripped 3 times already, including earlier today. Been doing acupressure, EPO, sex of course I even took 4oz of castor oil earlier this week--just made me more cranky and miserable.

I had to pay OOP for a non-stress test already (), and I have to shell out for another one on Monday if this kid is still hanging out in there. DH has come home early from work several times and even missed a shift once, cause I was SO convinced it was IT. My poor kids are feeling bored and snapped at, since I can barely waddle down to the park after them, let alone get to the grocery store or do anything remotely fun with them. I am convinced that my water will break in the worst way, either on my nice couch or in the middle of Target--or worse, that it will never break and I'll still be sitting here, gaining a stretchmark a minute all the way til next week too...

So who's postdates already?? Be misersable with me, LOL.

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 AM

im not post dates but i feel your pain baby im so sorry@

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 12:26 PM

I will be 41w tomorrow. This is my first, and my mother was 3 weeks late with me (her first) so I kind of expected it. Even so, we do walking, RRL tea, I *tried* castor oil, but a really small amount, I didn't want to take too much. It did nothing. I did a far gentler thing, Smooth Moves tea (Senna, Licorice, Ginger, Bitter Fennel, and Orange), which did actually help in the way it was designed to, unlike the Castor Oil, but didn't do anything for contractions. Acupressure, yes. it helps, but doesn't get anything moving. I have the same worries about my water breaking, even though I know that only like 1 in 5 women's labors start that way. I've been convinced a couple times I felt a "trickle" but this was just more excess vaginal discharge (sorry tmi) . . .I'm kind of at peace with the baby now, though I was really, really freaked out last week.

I had a BPP on tuesday, baby is good, scored 8/8, fluid is good, placenta is good, baby is not too big (they guesstimate 6 lbs 12 oz, which I think is about a lb short of what he is), so the midwife is content to leave him to cook. I am only 1 cm, so no membrane stripping, though I was willing if I was a 2 or 3. Only 50% effaced as well.

Have a NST on Monday morning if he's not born by then, and I really am thinking he will not be. The longest they will let me go without induction is next Friday, November 20th, so at most I have a week left. That is actually very comforting for some reason.

And the best (sarcaticlly put) part is, yes! I am still working. Though it is a PITA answering the same questions every day and every hour.

hang in there!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 PM

OOOOOooo ME too! Im grouchy and tired of being huge right along with ya!

Ill be 41 weeks on Monday. but Id really like to have this little one soon. Im tired of "feeling" the pre labor part since about , oh 3 weeks ago.

Im tired of hearing two things:

1- when are you going to have that baby?
2- baby will come when she wants! (yeah I know)

the worst part it my DD said to me, (whose two and a half)
"mommy, baby "still" in belly?" sort of telling me and sort of asking...
I think we are all tired of waiting

Tammy- Wife to my hard workin man, homeschooling/unschooling, Cloth diapering, Homebirthing, hippie mama to DDblahblah.gif,  DD energy.gif awaiting late summer baby #3 - living OFF GRID in PA treehugger.gif
Old 11-13-2009, 01:25 PM

yes it is definitely hard to wait. I will be 41w on Sunday. And like others of you, one of the most frustrating things is to have been feeling so many pre-labor signs for so many weeks. because all those signs only get your hopes up, and then baby doesn't come. i think it'd be easier to feel nothing! at least your hopes don't get dashed everytime. oh well, who knows. but it is very very hard to wait. my 1st baby was born at 42 weeks. my second was born at 40w5days... well, today for me is 40w5days... I'm really surprised this baby is taking longer to bake than my last one.

i didn't feel any better when my mom told me that, of her six births, the third one was the longest... that baby, my older brother, stayed in until 43 weeks!

no!

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:22 PM

I'm only at 40+2, but had "the postdates talk" at my prenatal appt today. Started losing my mucus plug this morning. Not much in the way of contractions, but have had a few. We listened to him with the doppler and got really good variability several times in just 10 minutes. So I'm content that he's healthy. The midwife would like me to consider a BPP instead of a prenatal appt if I'm still pregnant next week. I'd rather just have the baby this weekend, mkay?

I'm just sooooo ready to have this baby at home and NOT have to deal with the paranoia and ringamarole that surrounds going past 42 weeks.

Melissa, wife to Brian, mommy to my home born, breastfeeding, sling-riding, sleep sharing, cloth diapered, intact kiddos Adam 11/09 and Leah 8/12.

User Tag List