Post Partum Momma's check in - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mizelenius, thank you for your support! Of course, not EVERYTHING would be perfect if feeding were easy, but it seems to be the most ucky thing right now
and everything else feels manageable.

mcgee, wow, congrats on your weight loss. You had a big baby! Best as you continue to work with DD as she deals with the adjustment of a new brother!

Still bleeding here, 13 days PP. Not concerned.

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 PM

I got up this morning thinking that if someone would invent a PAINLESS way of extracting milk from my breasts, I would be all over it.

I think I have postpartum blues, although the web sites I've consulted say those are supposed to go away after a week, and it's Day 9. But I'm not thinking negative thoughts about anyone, I just feel like crying all the time for no reason. Well, okay, especially when I think about being in labor. Or about how much my breasts hurt.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#63 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post
Mizelenius, thank you for your support! Of course, not EVERYTHING would be perfect if feeding were easy, but it seems to be the most ucky thing right now
and everything else feels manageable.
I know-- it is a huge deal when it hurts to feed your baby. It is awful!

Healing vibes to you!

Hugs to you, too, Juliacat!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#64 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 PM

Checking in... 13 days post partum here. Had a total meltdown on Sunday, pretty much was an emotional wreck, but I'm feeling much better today.

YDD is a super easy baby (finally!) she only cries if I undress her she's having some latch issues - mainly that she refuses to open her mouth wide enough thankfully since I nursed through most of my pregnancy my nipples are suffering from no trauma - I really feel for you ladies who are having pain - DS was a horrible nurser at first and I was left with bloody stumps for nipples for several weeks.

Adjusting to three kiddos (three under 4 at that) is proving to be difficult - there just isn't enough of me to go around most days DH is showering the big kids with attention trying to make things easier for them - but I think that's making it harder when he isn't here because they still expect that.... but DH has been wonderful, he's been getting up with the older kids in the morning, letting me sleep until he has to get ready for work.

YDD is letting me put her down for naps which has been great - and I'm trying not to feel guilty for not holding her for all her naps like I did the other kids - but I just can't be a good mom to the big kids if I never put the baby down. I usually have her on my back for the middle part of the day when I'm cleaning, though.

I'm going to try to check in more

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#65 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Sometimes he de-latches on his own, over and over and over until he gets frustrated and starts crying. What is THAT all about? Other times, no problem and no pain right from the start. WTF.
Every kid has a different nursing personality--I'm discovering that right now. My last kiddo was what we called a "nurn-a-holic" because he would wake up every hour or 90 min to nurse (Even until he was a year old) because he just adored nursing. But this baby? No way. He easily sleeps for 3-4 hours, but then when he wakes up he's on-again-off-again at the breast, like he knows it's the only way to get food, but it's so boring who really wants to nurse. I'll tickle his cheek or lip and he'll obligingly open wide, but after two sucks he spits it out again. I think he just has a smaller appetite than the last kiddo (he' still gaining weight fine and everything). DH trried him on the binkie and he does like that--he wants to suck, but he doesn't want as much milk as I've got. (I need someone to donate to I think )

One thing about him de-latching--are you big busted? I have noticed (with both kids) that if I'm on the full side (not even engorged, just full) that the breast is too big/firm for them to get a good latch and they end up sliding off. I take two fingers and squish my breast just behind the aerola so that it's softer and not so big a mouthful for the babe, and that really helps.
Also, if I try to take my hand away (not hold the breast in place for him) he tends to slide off because it's heavy and just pulls out of his mouth...I can use a rolled up washcloth or prefold tucked under my boob though and that helps hold it in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliacat View Post
I got up this morning thinking that if someone would invent a PAINLESS way of extracting milk from my breasts, I would be all over it.
Have you tried hand expressing? I've never gotten very good at it, but a lot of women find it easier (more comfortable) than pumping or even nursing, because it's squeezing on the breast behind the nipple, rather than sucking on the nipple...

I had a lot of nipple pain the first few days this time--blisters and bleeding and all that. I think it's was because this baby would nurse in such looong stretches (he might sleep for 3 hours but then he'd nurse for an hour). It's gotten better since my milk came in and he's nursing in shorter stints...

One thing I would STRONGLY recommend to all the mamas who are having nursing troubles/pains--find a LLL or other breastfeeding support group!! Even if your troubles seem like minor things, there always seems to be another mama who has btdt and it can be so helpful and encouraging to talk to somebody who has survived it before you.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#66 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 02:59 PM

I had the most awful bloody stumps of nipples, too, with my son, who also deeply loved to nurse and would nurse around the clock about every hour. It was maddening. But I am very glad that I stuck with it because nursing became not only good nutrition, but also a very handy parenting tool as he got older.

In comparison, things are going much more smoothly with this little babe. Even though I felt like we got off to a rough start, especially with her rapid weight loss, we are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel now at two weeks. It doesn't feel like my nipples are being sawed off with a dull knife when we latches on anymore (though it still stings a bit). What is most uncomfortable at this point is my milk ducts spasming after I feed her or express. My entire breast just aches.

I feel somehow very wrong about this.... but.... my two week old baby slept through the night last night. :shock I almost didn't believe it except I woke up to painfully hard, engorged breasts and had to go pump.

I got a little bit of "baby blues" this time around, but not near as bad as with my first. I was seriously an emotional wreck after he was born, so my support and sympathy goes out to the mamas here who are experiencing that now. It's not easy balancing a new babe and crashing hormones and sleep deprivation and aches and pains....

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#67 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

I still have my linea negra .... does anyone else?! I'm 3 weeks pp today.

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#68 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCo View Post
I never got one...

I'm 12 days pp and cant' fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans yet either. I had JUST gotten them a couple of weeks before I got pg. I am about 8lbs above pre-preg weight though (which is a lot since I only gained 24lbs). I think part of it is the milk-filled boobies but I do expect to drop at least a couple of them. My tummy is totally flabby though...I'm wearing my first-trimester stuff mostly Kinda annoying to *feel* skinny (compared to two weeks ago!) but not *be* skinny enough to be my normal self yet.

#69 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCo View Post
I still have mine too, and I'm 2 1/2 wks PP. I dont remember when it went away w/ DD.

Doing ok here, still supplementing vitamins to replenish my body from the hemmorage, trying to do light housework everyday so it doesn't become overwhelming, and DH is 'taking me' for nightly walks because he knows I desperately need them but sometimes can't drag myself from my nursing chair!

Have I mentioned how darn handy thosepre-made frozen meals have been? Total lifesavers!

Had our first Pedi visit today; the unpleasant news is that i got lectured on the benefits of eye gel, vit K shot, Hep B shot, and cord dye... - the good news is that DS is up 1 lb 4 oz since birth 2 1/2 wks ago! Yay for a healthy appetite!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#70 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 PM

CarrieCo -- i still have my linea negra, too, 2 weeks postpartum. thankfully the carpal tunnel is easing up! yay!

ShwarmaQueen -- i half-way lied about the vit. k. I mean, we gave the babe a drop of the oral vit k after she was born, and then just sort of shrugged off the rest of the doses. I told the ped "yes" when she asked if baby got the vit k at birth. The eye drops (or lack thereof) weren't even mentioned, thankfully. I also fibbed today when the ped asked where the baby sleeps.

The ped today said I should start vit d drops on the baby. Anyone else doing this? I don't really see a reason. I mean, I live in Florida....

I probably need to be taking vitamins myself, but I'm bad about stuff like that.

#71 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuberantDaffodil View Post
I also fibbed today when the ped asked where the baby sleeps.

The ped today said I should start vit d drops on the baby. Anyone else doing this? I don't really see a reason. I mean, I live in Florida....
I tried explaining to her that I upped my intake of vit K rich foods in the last trimester so that he would have a boost, but she didn't really pay much attention to what I was saying. Re the eye goo, I went on to say that he was born in the caul so what bacteria from my vagina could he have gotten anyways (though he was a water birth so maybe some...). And I was vaccinated against Hep B in college (just 10 years ago) so I'm pretty sure I'm good there, but even if not...

I'm sure I would have told her we co-sleep if she asked, it's just what works for us and I'm not there for her parenting advice, just medical. She did say he was a bit jaundiced, and joked that since he'd gained so much weight, he was obviously eating well and wouldn't recommend supplementation (to which I would have politely declined). We did decide that both my kiddos have had (DS still has) late-onset jaundice, or breastfeeding jaudice- caused by something in my breastmilk that somehow slows the clearing of the bilirubin.

I would not supplement with Vit D since I'm in Texas, it's sunny here most days and just 20 min of outside time is enough I believe.

Is anyone's babe nursing in their dreams? It's so cute- I love it!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#72 of 147 Old 11-24-2009, 11:14 PM

my linea negra is still there, 1 month after birth, but my belly is not floppy anymore.

Quote:
The ped today said I should start vit d drops on the baby. Anyone else doing this? I don't really see a reason. I mean, I live in [I]Florida[/I
I am actually taking Vitamin D myself recommended by my pediatrician. Vitamin D has been suggested to help with flu like illnesses during winter. Plus if I take it, the baby gets it and does not need to get its own Vitamin D, but we do live in New England.

Our pedi is actually completely supportive of co-sleeping. He did a home-visit the first time and he was so nice to have him there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Is anyone's babe nursing in their dreams? It's so cute- I love it!
Oh yes, it is soooo cute He smiles then nurses, then sighs heavenly

I met with another LC today and she had some further suggestions for me. And for the first time I was breastfeeding in front of friends! I am so proud of myself

And my little one gained 1.5lbs in 2 weeks! At least all my pain is worth the effort!

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#73 of 147 Old 11-25-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:

I probably need to be taking vitamins myself, but I'm bad about stuff like that.
I'm taking prenatals (which I only took during the last trimester...I tend to just eat whole foods and a balanced diet rather than rely on vitamins for prenatal nutrition, but mw suggested the vitamins as a boost since I'm stretched extra thin between busy toddler and last trimester/newborn, and it seemed like a good idea...)
The lady at WIC gave me some D drops for the babe...I'm thinking I will probably give them to both babe and toddler at least sometimes, but on the other hand I live in ALASKA

#74 of 147 Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 PM

I never gave Ds1 the vit.D my pedi. never even mentioned it to us at our visit! and I live in the Buffalo area and it is cold and winter (well not lately it has been beautiful and we even went for a walk

I also love the nursing in their dreams it is so adorable he was doing it yesterday!!

I just wish he had a better latch he tends to start off good then goes for JUST the nipple I make him relatch but then sometimes when I do he then has no interest in finishing unil 30 minutes later! he also seems to think he needs to be attatched to the boob even if he isn't suckling at all just his mouth needs to touch it 24/7 I guess I just make boobie boys I swear

I also have some baby blues but I am already on Zoloft and if it doesn't go away in a week or so I will call my OB for him to up the script. I am doing things different than I did with DS1 even if I am not going anywhere or seeing anyone each day i shower and get dressed put on at least some foundation and do my hair so I feel more human! I have done that since the day after he was born. With Ds1 I didn't do my make up at all or hair and took a shower every other day but if I wasn't going anywhere or what not I didn't even bother to get dressed. getting ready each day has helped me some to feel a little better each day.

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#75 of 147 Old 11-25-2009, 02:53 PM

Re: Vit D... check out the health and healing forum. Almost all people are deficiant in vit D - even those who spend most of their days outside.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#76 of 147 Old 11-25-2009, 05:12 PM

My stitches still hurt. The engorgement is a lot better, but her latch is still terribly painful. I hated breastfeeding with DD1 but it didn't actually hurt so now I've got all the same issues with hating it, only with the latch pain added on. Yuck. Fortunately, she seems to be settling down to a feeding routine and not wanting it every single second of the day.

My blues are starting to improve a little. I'm still in my pajamas (haven't gotten dressed in a week and a half) but I feel less like crying when I think about the birth.

#77 of 147 Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShineSally View Post
Fortunately, she seems to be settling down to a feeding routine and not wanting it every single second of the day.
It really helped me to learn about the growth spurts which happen around 10days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months. I didn't know this during the first growth spurt and though I am going nuts, with him wanting to feed constantly. Now, I am waiting for the 4-6 week one...

I spend yesterday 1.5 hrs with my pediatrician, his colleague and yet another LC. I got some more nipple ointments and some more tips and seems things are a teeny bit better today. I am still in pain, but I am having hope, that things will improve eventually.

#78 of 147 Old 11-25-2009, 07:25 PM

Hey Mamas...

I'm exactly one week postpartum (I didn't post my birth story, I'm still processing it myself.)

I was definitely depressed for the first 12 months with ds1 though I didn't realize what was wrong with me until much later. I have been super aware this time but it's been hard. Birth didn't go as I had "planned", dh returned to work within 2 days and my family's way of "helping" has been to take ds1, leaving me completely alone with the baby. I am suffering from SERIOUS cabin fever but can't bring myself to venture out in the front yard because I don't want to talk with neighbors and I don't want to pass my baby around.

To make matters worse, ds1 is sick...and so am I. It started with a sore throat a few days ago and now I'm congested and fighting the urge to cough. Ds has complained of a sore throat and woke up with a fever last night that returned today. I'm TERRIFIED of making my newborn sick. I accidentally sneezed in his face while nursing last night and cried for 30 min. What can I do?! I don't know if I'm making a bigger deal out of this than it is because of the hormones and my emotionally fragile state or if this warrants the state of panic that I'm in. We cosleep, I breast feed and I baby wear...he is with me, on me and in my space ALL the time. Keeping a 3 year old out of his face is difficult but I'm doing my best.

Ds1 had to be hospitalized for a fever when he was a few weeks old and I'm terrified of reliving that. *sigh*

On a happier note, I am so glad not to be pregnant any longer. My body feels so much better (aside from the bad tear and stitches). I just wish I could feel more confident about the health of my family and the wee one.

Carolina, tree hugging, treehugger.gif animal loving, backyard chicken keeping, Wife to Dh, homeschooling Mama to Ds1(Aug '06) and Ds2 (Nov '09)

#79 of 147 Old 11-26-2009, 02:43 AM

DS will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I still have some of the linea negra. Most of the hair is gone but the line is still there on my skin. I didn't get one at all with DD. The belly (what is left of it) is definitely still floppy. My poor skin stretched so much that I don't think it will go back to how it was. I'm currently 12 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight.

I'm taking Vitamin D3, but DS is not. I took him for an initial visit with the pedi the day after his birth, but we won't go back again until his 2 month well baby visit. Our midwife is handling all of the newborn exams, which is great because we don't have to expose him (and our three year old DD) to all the germs at the doctor's office.

DD and I are both sick. I came down with a cold, which I initially thought was allergies. Then DD got it too. Headache, sore throat, a cough and lots of snot. Good times. So far DH and DS have managed to avoid it.
#80 of 147 Old 11-26-2009, 04:34 AM

we're sick too--ALL of us! it's just the sniffles really, but UGH.

I am less concerned with the linea negra than with my stretch marks I only got two, but they're really wide ones that look like a sad face below my bellybutton--THIS after three other kids who hardly gave me any!!

The nursing appetite of Godzilla has struck. I hope I don't balloon 20+ pounds like last time

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#81 of 147 Old 11-26-2009, 02:51 PM

I have a voracious appetite, too. I've already lost 20lbs since the birth, and need to lose another 10 before I am at my pre-pregnancy weight. My belly doesn't look so floppy and stretchy -- I just look a bit thick around the middle. At first, I was just THRILLED to be un-pregnant, but now I am frustrated with my figure because only two pairs of pants fit, and I feel frumpy in both them. It's too cool outside for skirts, and I can't nurse in any of my dresses. So I officially have absolutely nothing to wear.

But I have an extremely cute baby.

And speaking of my extremely cute baby. She has the skinniest chicken legs of all times. I didn't get any newborn cloth diapers - just size smalls, and one ONE of her diapers fit her, and it is a contour that requires a cover and none of the covers fit in the slightest. The diapers that looked tiny before she got here now look gargantuan. My in-laws picked up some sposies for us, and my husband is getting spoiled on them and we are already running out. Bah.

#82 of 147 Old 11-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:

And speaking of my extremely cute baby. She has the skinniest chicken legs of all times. I didn't get any newborn cloth diapers - just size smalls, and one ONE of her diapers fit her, and it is a contour that requires a cover and none of the covers fit in the slightest. The diapers that looked tiny before she got here now look gargantuan. My in-laws picked up some sposies for us, and my husband is getting spoiled on them and we are already running out. Bah.
I have the opposite problem. I was so sure that "I don't have big babies" that I only bought orange edge prefolds and size 0 Kissaluvs fitteds. Enter my 9lb 10oz newborn who has been gaining weight like crazy. The prefolds barely still fit him and I'm already having to use the outer snaps on the KLs. He was in size 1 sposies in the hospital...the NB size was too small. So probably in a week ot two, max, his cloth dipes won't fit anymore. And I'm pretty sure he is still way too small for the medium fuzzi bunz I have. Guess I need to order the next size up in prefolds asap.
#83 of 147 Old 11-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Mamie, don't prefolds kind of work no matter what, as long as they are long enough? Are you saying yours are not long enough to cover his butt and penis? Or?? Don't you just need covers that fit? Best to you! We're soon going to be out of newborn covers, but the prefolds look like they will work for some time still...

I just learned over the last couple days what engorgement feels like. UGH!! So full and rock hard. Seems to make it hard for the baby to nurse. I guess I'm going to have to seek out some information on that now! Also, he doesn't eat off of both breasts in one sitting anymore, since there is so much milk there, so one breast or the other sits aching for a couple more hours until he is hungry again. Yowsa.

Still 8 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight, but I am impressed with that, just over 2 weeks PP. My tummy is not looking as smooth as it did pre-pregnancy, but I'm wondering if it ever will again anyway. No matter; it will be "good enough" in time.

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#84 of 147 Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 PM

Took me a while to check in. Things are going pretty well. I'm hoping Sylvie isn't going to be colicky/refluxy like her big brother, but I'm starting to wonder. Poor baby. She's incredibly sweet when she doesn't have a tummy ache, though. She will go 4-5 hours between feedings overnight. I've been letting her, but I usually wake her up at 5 hours if she doesn't - mostly because my boobs feel like they'll explode!

I had some adjustment issues the first week, full of mama guilt over older ds, but I'm sure it was compounded by the hormone shifts, too. I'm feeling better and we're finding our groove, I think.

Can't wait for the stitches to be completely healed. Ugh - I am always accutely aware that they are there! I've also been reminding myself to do my kegals. My mw suggested that every time I nurse, to do kegals. I think I freaked myself out with the idea of developing a prolapse, so I'm really trying!

Once her cord fell off, we moved to cloth (for daytime - haven't braved the night yet!). So far so good. Even my mom is kind of on-board. That's weird.

Mamie, have you tried folding the prefold in and placing into the cover, instead of wrapping it around and fastening it before putting the cover on? Some covers are designed to do that, and I was overjoyed to find that technique!
#85 of 147 Old 11-27-2009, 01:25 PM

We have a tall and slim baby as well. I actually like the litewraps as cover, I am really glad for having bought a variety of covers as a start.

Quote:
I just learned over the last couple days what engorgement feels like. UGH!! So full and rock hard. Seems to make it hard for the baby to nurse.
My advice would be to watch the following Jack Newman video:
http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=...lips&Itemid=13

It has really helped me at times.

Quote:
Also, he doesn't eat off of both breasts in one sitting anymore, since there is so much milk there, so one breast or the other sits aching for a couple more hours until he is hungry again.
Do you have a pump, or can you hand express? Don't do it fully, but just a bit to relieve the pressure.

#86 of 147 Old 11-27-2009, 02:45 PM

Cellist -- I would definitely try to hand express a bit to relieve engorgement. I find that putting a warm cloth over the breast helps encourage let-down, and from there, it'll practically drip itself to relief, with me just massaging the areola a bit.

Even though my babe snacks a few times in the night, I always wake up painfully engorged in the morning. And sopping wet. Breast pads totally gross me out, by the way.

As far as diapers are concerned, I know that prefolds are supposed to be customizable to a certain extent, but I cannot see how the standard size infant ones could be folded to fit my babe. She's just a couple inches bigger than they are, total! And of course, I don't have any covers that fit at the moment, but I thought perhaps if I could just get one huge, bulky prefold around her, I could just go coverless (since we are at home) and change her when she's wet, but I seriously can't figure out to get them on her without every corner gaping open.

#87 of 147 Old 11-27-2009, 02:48 PM

We are doing a random combination of sposies and cloth here. DH bought a pack of sposies b/c the cloth dipes were keeping his cord wet--but it's long since fallen off and healed, and the sposies are still around

I have enough kissaluv 0s to use fitteds only right now, which is nice! The infant size prefolds would be way too bulky right now. I also have some litewrap covers, they work great. My fave cover is a Bumpy wool wrap, but they are too pricey to have a lot of

Nik's gained over a pound already, at 10 days old, according to our high-tech digital fish scale!

Re: nursing: It's really hard to remember to drink enough--I can barely keep my Pur pitcher filled up! I'm not engorged so much, but I am having issues with bras/shirts fitting It's hilarious--with my first, I had SO MUCH milk, but couldn't find nursing bras small enough. With each baby, I've gone up a cup size while leaking less, and now I've got a bunch of C-D cup stuff that is too tight at the moment (I think it'll fit better as my supply regulates)! On the upside, I barely need nursing pads anymore

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#88 of 147 Old 11-27-2009, 03:50 PM

We are almost almost 5 weeks pp...and we're so tired! Nursing is going decent....he prefers one side, has a hellofatime latching and staying on one side, but we're working at it. I stopped losing weight after 2 weeks pp so I still have 10-11 pounds to work at. I'm finally getting rid of some nasty hormones that were making me crazy, so that's a big plus. Baby is 2.5 pounds bigger than birth weight and cute as a button!
That's my update...
oooooh......anyone thinking of........................dtd yet?
#89 of 147 Old 11-27-2009, 04:28 PM

re: dtd -- I am definitely healing much faster this time around than I did with my son. I distinctly remember feeling pain down there for months after he was born. I was single at the time, and didn't even have to pretend to think about doing any deed, let alone the deed. I'm actually mostly pain-free at this point, and my lochia seems to have dwindled to barely anything at all. But I think I still have fear. This is coming from someone who was deeply afraid to birth the placenta (you know, the soft, squishy thing without bones...) after pushing out her baby.

#90 of 147 Old 11-27-2009, 05:00 PM

I'm in less pain overall than I've been, both physical and emotional. So that's lucky. I'm still in my pajamas, haven't tried to put clothes on or weigh myself--will have to update with that information next week. I don't have much of an appetite. If dh puts food in front of me, I eat it, but I haven't been seeking it out.

We have orange edged prefolds and Kissaluvs 0's, and I also ordered some size small Sposoeasies and BG AIO's for nighttime since I am really, really stupid in the middle of the night and will put a fitted on inside out and forget the cover. My baby was average-sized, is now 11 days old and everything fits her fine. Prefolds that are too small can be trifolded in a cover, and prefolds that are too big can be folded down to fit (I folded them down in the back), but I understand being frustrated by the inability to put it around the baby's waist and Snappi--I had that problem with DD1 and am happy not to have it with DD2 so far. Snappied prefolds and BSWW are my favorite daytime system.

I want to give the birth ball back to the people we borrowed it from so DD1 will quit standing on it, but it's GREAT to sit on without putting pressure on my stitches. Maybe just a little while longer....

I had a 3rd-plus degree tear with DD1, so dh and I went 3 months after her birth without having sex, and it still hurt the first time. I have barely a 2nd degree tear this time so I don't think it will take as long, but I'm certainly not thinking about it yet!

Exuberant Daffodil, I was rather afraid to birth the placenta myself!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page