So I'm someone's MOM!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 11-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CONGRATS and many healing vibes to you, mama! I was thinking about you yesterday, oddly enough--and here you were in labor then!

{{{}}} i friended you on FB, btw

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#32 of 49 Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 PM

She's really beautiful mama!! I'm sorry the birth didn't go as planned but I hope you both recover well and are reunited soon! Congratulations!!
#33 of 49 Old 11-22-2009, 08:39 PM

Congratulations on that beautiful new baby!

I've been following your story since the first time you posted on MDC, and have been hoping for the best for you.

I'm sorry you didn't end up getting the home water birth that you hoped for, and that your baby has to spend time in NICU, but glad that everything seems to have turned out OK in the end, and that baby Kate looks like she'll make a good recovery.

She's really beautiful, and I hope you will have her at home with you very soon.

Single mom to the Crunchy Froglets, Keith and Carlin, twin boys born 1/30/09. Frozen for 10 years, now unleashed on the world.
#34 of 49 Old 11-22-2009, 08:57 PM

Congrats on your new arrival!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

#35 of 49 Old 11-22-2009, 09:03 PM

So sorry all the insanity happened....but wonderful to hear your little girl is going to be a-ok.... Congrats and keep us updated!!!!

Sending healing thoughts out your way...........................
#36 of 49 Old 11-22-2009, 09:21 PM

what a pretty baby girl. congratulations mama! I am sorry you did not get hte birth you wanted but you did amazing I would never have lasted that long pushing!!!!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#37 of 49 Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 PM

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

Aradria SAHM to : ds 2003, ds and dd 2007 and ds Nov 2009. :
#38 of 49 Old 11-23-2009, 04:40 AM

It sounds like you're coping well with the drastic change in birth plans. Birth is such an emotional and personal thing that it's hard enough to take little deviations from the planned ideal, kudos to you for handling this all with such grace. It sounds like you're in mama bear mode for your little dd right now, which makes sense, but once she's safely in your care you may find that your emotions about the birth aren't nearly so stable--there's some good support here on MDC for birth trauma too, so if it sneaks up and hits you later know that you don't have to take it alone.

I have heard that arnica does wonders for c-section scars (both for helping it heal in the first place and also for helping the scar be minimal). I don't have personal experience with it for c/s, but it is pretty astounding for my accident prone little boys' bumps and bruises, so I believe it.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#39 of 49 Old 11-23-2009, 05:46 AM

I just wanted to send you some more s

I am a c/s and NICU mama, too. It's a hard, hard experience but it does pass and bit by bit you will hopefully heal physically and emotionally. I don't think the memory of the pain ever goes away (am tearing up now with the memory - my c/s and NICU babe's 3rd birthday is around the corner) but I am now able to dwell a little more on the positive memories and less on the sucky, crappy ones (my c/s was not necessary but I was railroaded into it more or less).

Go easy on yourself in every possible way. I'm praying that you and your darling girl will soon be snuggling together.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#40 of 49 Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Your daughter is just stunning!!!!

It sounds like you did everything right, mama-- you really did. Not that you need me to tell you that, but I just think, some people (inc. me) might be so stubborn about the epi/hospital transfer that the stubbornness would have ended up harming the baby. You have such strong instincts and you listened to them.

I can't wait until your baby is snuggled with you!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#41 of 49 Old 11-23-2009, 12:27 PM

Oh, she is so perfect! What beautiful dark hair -- and those toes!

Congratulations -- it sounds like you made the right decisions when you needed to. Hopefully she gets to come home with you soon!
#42 of 49 Old 11-23-2009, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
I love your birthing necklace!
You were my anchor.

You guys are so amazing, really. This has been so intense. It's hard to believe she's only been alive for 48 hours!

I really, really appreciate the kind words, the words of advice and BTDT, and the direction to the NICU board. I thought I had prepared myself for everything, but in reality it was everything but THIS. Ah, Murphy and your law.

I'm still catching up with all of you mamas by reading, even when I don't respond. And whether you've had your LO already or not, I think this quote I used a lot during labor is appropriate...When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#43 of 49 Old 11-23-2009, 01:39 PM

You are amazing! 9.5hrs of pushing is such a commitment.

All the best to your little one. i hope you two adjust well and you both recover quickly. there are so many new things to explore in the parenting world, i am still amazed every day!

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#44 of 49 Old 11-23-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post

And I'm REALLY sad that my girl is spending the first days of her life with strangers in a strange place, not being held and fussed over, but poked and prodded. But I also know they're taking excellent care of her, and the mec was just a freak thing that no one knew was going on, you know? My girl will be good as new soon enough, and she and I can start our new life together!
Vegasgirl, my thoughts and support are with you!! I know you and I are in the last places we ever expected to be, and as much as we hate seeing our girls in pain and in the hands of strangers, it is such a comfort to know they will make full recoveries and be in our arms soon! Here's to the NICU, fellow mama
#45 of 49 Old 11-23-2009, 08:58 PM

blessings vegasgirl and vegasbaby!

Lauren

bellycast.gif 

#46 of 49 Old 11-24-2009, 06:08 PM

She's beautiful- congrats! Hopefully you'll get some newborn snuggles soon!

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#47 of 49 Old 11-24-2009, 06:48 PM

Ah Vegasgirl. What a story. And what a beauty your little girl is. She looks so healthy, I sure hope you are out sooner than they expect. Sending Kate lots of healing prayers. Keep staying positive it helps so much, it is amazing how much we are intuitively connected to our LO's.

Self employed 37 year old lady.gifMother of one 4 year old super herosuperhero.gifand wife to a lovely DH malesling.GIF who is my hero. Its been a long run but I am pregnant with #21sttri.gif due 10/10/14. goorganic.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.gifHere we go again....
#48 of 49 Old 11-28-2009, 09:19 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl!! I'm so sorry things didn't work out as you'd been planning. I'm glad you were able to feel supported in your decisions, though.

Healing vibes to you and Kate!

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#49 of 49 Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 PM

Thinking of you!! Hoping all is well for you and sweet baby Katie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page