Mothering Forum banner

Liam's here!

756 views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  pjs 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post a quick update - I'm still processing the birth, and will hopefully do the birth story soon (and get some pictures together).

Liam Freeman arrived at 6:25 AM on Wed 11/25. He was 9 lbs 3 oz, 21.5 inches long. He even came out with a full head of curly hair, just like Daddy.
I am so happy and grateful to be able to say that he is healthy, I'm healthy, and I was able to have the low-intervention, drug-free vaginal delivery I hoped for. As hard as it was, the midwife who attended described it as "inspirational." I have a few tears to show for it, but they are stitched up and I hope healing nicely.

We were able to come home Thanksgiving day. My mom is here and she cooked us a huge meal and is an amazing resource to help with breastfeeding. DH was a super Bradley coach (he has a few scars to show from supporting me - literally!) and he is so into fatherhood - stretched out on the couch with the babe right now.

Best Thanksgiving of my life!

See less See more
#5 ·
I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet Liam, Johanna! I am grateful to this board for helping us meet; it's going to be a great thing to have another new mom to share stuff with IRL.

I am SO happy you had the birth you wanted and did it the way you wanted. I underestimated the importance of that!

*hugs* to you!

#9 ·
How wonderful for you to have the kind of birth you wanted! Many congratulations on your new baby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.