So do we have to go to the Dec. board if.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-28-2009, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we are still preggo on Monday????

I know there are still a few of us left out there who are still waiting for our Nov. babies to show up! (Patiently, of course). LOLOLOLOL
#2 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 PM

I know I said in the beginning of this pg that I was just going to plan and tell people I was due 12/1, just to avoid the phone calls. Now I'm thinking baby is holding me to it. Very funny baby!!!
#3 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been hanging out there since the beginning because 11/29 for a first pregnancy seemed to mean December baby. Today is my due date and more than not having a baby, I am annoyed at this whole practice of assigning a due date. Why can't they just give you a window that lets you think that it would be anytime in the next 4 weeks. As much as I tried to mentally prepare to go longer, I am feeling crazy that the day is here and I have no baby.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#4 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 01:28 PM

Amen, Tattooed Hand. I am crazy, too, and I know the due date is just an estimate! This is my fourth baby, and furthermore, my fourth late baby! You'd think I'd be used to this. Nope, still crazy, obsessing over that due date. It's like a magical door to freedom for me

Check out my doula's website here: http://www.childbirthrevolutions.com/duedate.php She uses the Wood's method for determining due dates, and it puts me at only three days over, which is better than the eight that I am currently sitting on, according to the medical community. Sigh. Still overdue, but three days is superior to eight!!!!

Anyway, I don't feel any impending labor, so I am quite certain I'll be moving to December, which sucks. But at the rate we're going, there won't be anybody left in this ddc! Poop on due dates. Poop on babies that like to cook longer than their mamas want 'em to. Good luck and may we all go into labor tonight!!!!!!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#5 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, interesting. According to your doula's site, I'm due next weekend. I'm just going to make that mental adjustment and plan my week as if it was last week!

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#6 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Well labor vibes to all "overdue" (or right on time? ) mammas out there! I still think we should stay here and not have to go over to the December board when Tues. arrives (if we haven't delivered yet, that is!)
#7 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 02:37 PM

I'm due today, but have been having prodromal labour for at least 4 weeks. Apparently I'm also 6cm dilated. I'm issuing a mental eviction notice. I had two bouts of real contractions that we thought were "it" but they fizzled out.

I'm really ready to be done

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
#8 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditafoster View Post
Amen, Tattooed Hand. I am crazy, too, and I know the due date is just an estimate! This is my fourth baby, and furthermore, my fourth late baby! You'd think I'd be used to this. Nope, still crazy, obsessing over that due date. It's like a magical door to freedom for me

Check out my doula's website here: http://www.childbirthrevolutions.com/duedate.php She uses the Wood's method for determining due dates, and it puts me at only three days over, which is better than the eight that I am currently sitting on, according to the medical community. Sigh. Still overdue, but three days is superior to eight!!!!

Anyway, I don't feel any impending labor, so I am quite certain I'll be moving to December, which sucks. But at the rate we're going, there won't be anybody left in this ddc! Poop on due dates. Poop on babies that like to cook longer than their mamas want 'em to. Good luck and may we all go into labor tonight!!!!!!
Wow! According to the Wood's Method my due date is December 5! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Liz, Air Force wife, mommy to 3 kiddos.

#9 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 04:21 PM

I guess that means I'm due today......
#10 of 12 Old 11-29-2009, 05:02 PM

Oh, please, don't go anywhere, even if there are babies born past November!
I want to hear about their births and your experiences when they come

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#11 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM

Don't you ladies be going anywheres! I am still updating our DDC birth announcements, and it would be a shame not to put y'all in it after being pregnant together. Sending all the still pregnant ladies lots of labor vibes!
kcparker

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#12 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! We are still hanging in there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page