Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i quit my OB today

i walked in ready to fight
as i was walking to he room the nurse asked me if anything was changeing
i said yes i was in the hospital all sat night in early labor but it stoped and the doc walked by and said that wasnt labor
um ok
i go in give my sample get my bp taken she says ok you have to be at the hopsital at am tommrow i said no i am not being induced
shes like oh ok as like no one has ever said No before

so the doc comes in and says why are you not going tommrow
i simply said well my body must not be ready yet i was in early labor but
and he stops me you where not in labor or youd have a baby by now and not be preg anymore
i said then why did the OB on call an to admit me?
he goes silent legs in the sturrps

ok he checkes me i have to ask what am i at?
still a 2 well thats what i was when i left the l&d floor so i said to him
ok give me one more week
he tells me this exactly

do you know he number one rule of mother nature?
survival of the fittest if you arent in induced you can kill your baby
i bet the look on my face was a bit off um KILL my baby if i dont let you take ehr before she is ready? he says shes ready
ok then why is my cer not changeing? its not like i am a first time mom my body DOES know what to do

he says to m well i cant make you go i said yous fuc^#g right you cant
he goes i strongly advice you to go tommrow i said i will NOT be there i do not want a faild induction he laughs and says ya ive had them before

so hes Telling me to my face at 40weeks and 6days peg im going to kil my baby if i dont let HIM take her

then he procceds to tell me he can only deliver her on days he is at his down town office and that HES going out of town thurs
WELL THEN GO!!!! im not putting my babys life on the line and rish a faild induction because it doesnt fit your fing schd!

so i was told i am putting my child at high risk and that he said litterly well you can the baby might die then

DONT EVEN try to scare me into this becasue its NOT going to happen

so i am with out care at 41weeks
ive called 7obs none of which will take me this late in the game
so lets please send me some labor vibes!!

if i go into labor and he is on call at the hospital i am going to a different one
h will NEVER TOUCH ME OR MY CHILD EVER!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#2 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 PM

I am so sorry to hear that! You are most definitely better off without that bully using scare tactics on you to make his schedule more orderly. Stick to your guns, mama! I hope you go into labor soon and find or get an OB that's better than the one you had. What's up with the induction happy OBs of today?! Mother nature my a**.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#3 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM

girl i had what i thought was labor at 38wks i went through 28 hours! of contractions and no baby the contractions just stopped! i had my dd at 40wks! water broke and 11 hrs later a baby. my midwife said my body was trying to get some of my labor out of the way i ended up at 3cm and 80% effaced plus my baby dropped a bunch. mother nature will work. baby is not ready yet and you go girl lol

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#4 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 08:29 PM

Wow momma- I am sorry for your stress. But I certainly don't blame you for speaking your truth. He is insane to tell you that going 40 weeks and 6 days can kill your baby-- or implying that being "overdue" is dangerous and unhealthy. What an a##hole. He is obviously only concerned with his schedule.

As far as what to do-- I don't have a good answer. I know a hospital can't refuse you when you show up in labor, even without an OB-- although you might have to go in through the ER depending on your state, and your hospital. Any chance at calling around to MW's in your area and getting hooked up with one of them?
#5 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

i do have a mkidwife thats been taking to me but we dont have the $ to pay her to do anthing shes been so good to me so far we talk alot and she awsers alot of my Q's but we just dont have the $ to have her there

i love my life!!!
#6 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 09:05 PM

DDC crashing-- saw this in New Posts. I did want to let you know that it may be illegal for your OB to drop you as a patient at 40+ weeks. In my state, an OB cannot legally drop the care of a woman past 36 weeks, even if she goes against medical advice and refuses induction or other interventions.

Otherwise, would your midwife friend be willing to work out a payment plan with you, or barter for services?

Good luck, and try not to let the stress get to you too much! You'll have the baby before you know it.

Growing babies, fruits, veges, and chickens on our little urban homestead in the frozen north
#7 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 09:16 PM

Lauren

bellycast.gif 

#8 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 PM

First, I'm terribly sorry that your OB would insult your intelligence in such a way. I really think what he should have done was have you come in every few days or so for ultrasound to monitor the amniotic fluid levels, baby's heart beat, her growth, etc ... At least that's what they did for me when my daughter was overdue. They monitored her every few days for over a week. She was 10 days overdue and eventually had to be induced because I was starting to leak amniotic fluid. But she was perfect as punch. I'm sure she could have safely simmered in there at least a few more days even.

I'm Canadian so I don't quite know how it works where you live, but I don't think they're allowed to refuse you at this late date. You may not be able to see an OB at his office, but you should be able to walk into any hospital, tell them you'd like to have your overdue baby checked out and at least receive some care. Know what I'm saying?

I agree with you, the doctor threatening you that you'll "kill your baby" sounds very fuzzy to me. Also, being induced is really NO FUN on your poor body--not to mention your baby--lots of babies are delivered by emergency C-section, like you said, after a failed induction or a heartrate that's dropping.

I'm like you. I'd go with my gut, but I wouldn't wait forever either. You'll know if and when you really need an induction
#9 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

ya he didnt fire me i fired him!

i love my life!!!
#10 of 23 Old 11-30-2009, 11:21 PM

Good luck mama, I hope you get it worked out, and she comes on her own!!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#11 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 12:30 AM

Wow Shake, tell him straight!

I'm sure you'll go into labor soon mamma!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#12 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 03:21 AM

oh man! what a jerk to bully you like that--what, was tomorrow his only free morning???

You should be able to get another OB at that hospital, no? If nothing else, they should be offering to do NSTs for you, making sure that everything is okay in there, instead of fearmongering about What Might Happen with no real info!

Please, ask about bartering for midwifery care--perhaps that mw knows an apprentice that needs attending hours, or maybe she'd work with you as a "doula" with greater-than-average skillz

wishing you love and luck

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#13 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

i dont know how to barter for midwife care lol
o went to the hopstial with some not bad contractions just to pretty much have the baby chcked shed doing great so im not worried!

i love my life!!!
#14 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 PM

I keep checking here for your updates, Jen!

I am pulling for you!!!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#15 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Jen, you have the "cahones" of a Texas Longhorn! Good for you for sticking to your guns. Baby will come when she is ready - in the meantime, do go get NSTs every 3 or 4 days if she's past 41 weeks. They CAN be wrong with the EDD, but you do also want to make sure she's not getting stressed. Big hugs, and I wish you a wonderful birth (soon) on your terms - I know you've been ready to meet Kayleigh for quite a few weeks now.
kcparker

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#16 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 09:49 PM

LOL just ask the midwife if there's anything at all that you can do for her in exchange for her to oversee your birth--are you crafty? good at paperwork maybe? able to spend a weekend helping her clean her house? anything that you can offer in stuff or time or services that you can offer. Like, my mws know I have an art degree and am internet-savvy, so they suggested I design a logo and create a website for my main mw. I've heard of people offering to help with typing or filing paperwork, or even babysitting, if the mw has younger children that need watching while she attends other births!

anyway i hope you are doing good emotionally and physically--i know i was a head case when i was 43w and had no dr or mw....

thinking of you

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#17 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM

Shake I hope that MW will beable to help you guys out! I think she will be here soon

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#18 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

ya im not a head case yet LOL
just was reading something someone sent me of some women bashing me on another forum telling me i was an moron for letting GOD decied when my child is born and not some doc playing god
oh well if they dont like it TO bad bash m all you want sence i know you are reading this i am doing what is right for my child!

i love my life!!!
#19 of 23 Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 PM

I am sorry those women think that doctors are the end all be all! I also told my OB that no matter what he would not induce me so not to even mention it to me no matter how far along I got! I think you are the smart one to allow your body and baby do what it was intended to do carry the child until it is ready to live earthside!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#20 of 23 Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM

You are such a great fighter! I admire your courage and what you are doing for yourself and your baby!

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#21 of 23 Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Many Docs try to "play God" all the time (I have worked in a hospital for over 10 years...). That is why I would only use a MW for my pregnancy and not an OB, and I am thankful that my insurance covered that.

I am sure your baby will decide that it's time for her to make her grand entrance later this week anyways.....when she is good and ready!
#22 of 23 Old 12-02-2009, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladys my son was 9days late and was 8 14 i birthed him JUST fine and he was perfect! but my first i was induced at 40weeks and he spent 5days in the nicu for breathing problems
so doc are NOT always right
the ladys on the other forum can keep bashing me all they want i know my body and what is right for my kids
but thanks Ever so much for the i look 19-20 tops comments! made my day!

i love my life!!!
#23 of 23 Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
the ladys on the other forum can keep bashing me all they want i know my body and what is right for my kids
I guess they never heard about doctor induced preemature babies ( I forgot the medical term). But there are more and more babies like that around.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page