Now officially a "Dec Due Date".....Anyone else still out there? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sara, I hope you are drinking tons of water and electrolyte replenishing fluids!

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#32 of 54 Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Sara- that sounds promising! Certainly promising enough that I am going to try some CO if I get into next week with no changes! Keep us updated!

Funny- but I was just taking a list of the stuff I have done in the last week- not necessarily on purpose for a natural induction-- but things I have done none the less......
1. lots of sex
2. had eggplant parm twice
3. had super spicy indian and mexican food (will go to Thai next...lolol)
4. Walk and/or excercise for an hour each day
5. had acupunture once a week (the last 4 weeks, although Tues. was the first time she used "post DD points")
6. had prenatal massages
7. had DH give me a few massages, and he always hits the acupressure points
8. had my cervix stretched (did NOT ask for this, but it was done on Friday before I had a chance to stop it) (i was 2cm and 80% effaced last Fri)
9. drink RRL tea every day.

--Last night I dug out the evening primrose oil, and will consider the CO if I get closer to that 42 week date (although I am banking that he will come at 41w 2/3d now......lolol)

But, it just goes to show that our little ones will arrive when they are good and ready-- at least mine will!!! But that is ok, I don't mind waiting as long as we are healthy and I don't get forced to do a medical induction...... I trust that my body, and he will decided to do "this thing" before the 42 week mark though!
#33 of 54 Old 12-04-2009, 07:23 PM

Well, about 4 hours ago I took my first dose of castor oil. I haven't had diarrhea yet so just took my 2nd dose. I made an orange milkshake and believe it or not I couldn't even tell the castor oil was in it. I've been having very mild contractions since my midwife sweeped me this morning. I'm praying that this works!!!

Liz, Air Force wife, mommy to 3 kiddos.

#34 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I will be thinking about you Athena.....good luck, and let us know how it goes!

At my MW appt. today she didn't want to sweep me because my cervix was still so posterior-- although it was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced, but I have to return on Monday and they will probably try that next so that I hopefully don't get to the *tentative* medical induction date at 42w and 1d.

I am trying a little C.O. tomorrow....I figured it can't hurt at this point.....because I reallllllllly don't want a Pit induction (although I know--- BE PATIENT Leah, I still have 6.5 more days before the deadline!)
#35 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 02:39 AM

I had a MW appt today (at 41+2) and we talked a lot about induction. They were willing to talk about only doing cervical ripening or a foley bulb, but I would have to check in to the hospital for observation. So, we're waiting until Tuesday night (41+6) to do cervical ripening or foley overnight and then we'll talk about pit on Wednesday (42+0). Here's hoping I don't get there!!!!

Are any of you finding nipple stim doing anything helpful? I get nothing even after 15min simultaneously on both boobs.

mama to Hank - 12/09/09

#36 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 12:30 PM

hey ladys i wanted to chime in and say this time DTD worked! we dtd at about 330am and i started haveing contractins at 4!
we have been dtd for a bit so give it a go and castor oil didnt work ether 4 times i tryed it and it wasnt fun LOL

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#37 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Baby-- nope- nipple stim and DTD are not working for me either, yet. I don't get any "real" contrax- although maybe a few BH's......lolol

Decided to hold off on the C.O. until after Monday's appt. with our MW. They have me scheduled at the 42w mark for cervadil (and maybe pit! eek!)in the hospital===so I am going to do everything possible in the next week to prompt my boy to show up......

Going to have acupuncture, a massage, and DTD (lolol) today...hoping this will trigger my mom's "guestimate" of the due date: 12/6!

Keep in touch! Hang in there ladies....
#38 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 02:37 PM

I am still here. Sunday will be 42 weeks. Will see midwives on monday, and they will be giving me herbs and such, maybe a sweep if I feel up to it. They are pretty great and have not said anything about a medical induction, when I met them they said they were comfortable with any length of time as long as baby and mama were healthy, which we are.

So if by monday, i still have this one in me, I will go see a chiro, get a massage, acupuncture.....the whole bit.

At least I have some changes going on...every night a number of painful contrax.

Today i will be walking around a giant mall with my mother for hours. Heres hoping for something.
#39 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 03:51 PM

I'm all of a sudden not into sex! Crap! We sort of gave it a halfhearted go this morning but I could not get excited and was more interested in having breakfast... maybe will try again later. Was having crampy contrax though. Of course now they went away. I'll just be 41 weeks tomorrow though, and based on family history, it would be normal for me to go into labor sometimes next week.

#40 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Cali and Tattoo.....sounds like things are moving along! I am hoping and praying for my first painful contrax soon! (I know, that sounds weird to many--but you guys know what I mean!). I have to say- if I get to Tues. with no babe (41w 4d then) I will be discouraged as all heck.

Here's to our babies coming soon!
#41 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 06:14 PM

Oh, mamas, huge hugs! s I had my baby on Wednesday, at 41W4days and I tell you something, I was completely insane by the time labor started!!! I am feelin' ya on the crazy-making waiting. I actually didn't do anything to get labor started other than go to Bass Pro Shop the day before and walked around a lot. No spicy food, no dtd, no castor oil, no nothing. I am completely convinced that these babies, unfortunately, love their mama's insides more than their outsides and are by golly not budging until it's all over but the pushing! Good luck and I hope the natural induction methods work for y'all and that your brains can hang on until labor kicks in. I totally feel your desperation; I was there three days ago, begging my body to deliver this baby!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#42 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Perdita....thanks for the post, I certainly appreciate it-- at 41w and 1d, its awesome to hear these sorts of things right now....

Congrats to you btw!!!!!
#43 of 54 Old 12-05-2009, 10:47 PM

thanks for the pep talk and congratulations to you and your new little one.

I have given up. I know who the boss is now and it's not me.

#44 of 54 Old 12-06-2009, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post

I have given up. I know who the boss is now and it's not me.
Perhaps this is the trick....actually, I am certain of it! lololol

Surrender is apparently key, and my life lesson from the Universe. I thought I had gotten there....but apparently not.
#45 of 54 Old 12-06-2009, 05:39 PM

I've mostly lurked in the DDC. This pregnancy was a surprise and it took me quite awhile to get into the groove and find a bit more acceptance of what was to come. I actually got to the point that I was looking forward to meeting baby, etc. Well...at least until I went past 40+3 (when dd was born) and now finding myself 41+1. It's bringing back all sorts of feelings from the beginning which has been a bit difficult to deal with.

I try to remind myself that I'm lucky...I'm not facing any pressure to give birth by a certain date. I saw my mw on Thursday and don't have another appointment scheduled b/c she says "almost no one" makes it to 42 weeks. I asked her what would happen if we got to that point and she said she'd be in touch then and we'd get together again to check on baby, but that I didn't need to worry about it.

I know no one stays pregnant forever, but right now it feels like forever. I also know I should trust my mw's perspective, she's certainly be involved in far more pregnancies than I have. Still...I find it all very exhausting. Of course, it doesn't help matters that I'll be without a very good childcare option Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week if baby decides to make an appearance then.
#46 of 54 Old 12-07-2009, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Pampered....I totally hear you. I know that no one stays pregnant forever and it's my job to relax and surrender and CHILL until my guy decides to show up.

However, at 41w and 3d, it's getting tougher by the second. One moment I am calm, confident, and relaxed....and the next hour I am on the verge of tears and feeling anxious and impatient and READY FOR ACTION! lolol

I guess my worry is getting amped up because now I actually have a medical induction date (8pm on Friday at 42 weeks)....which I thought I would never, ever have-- even on paper. I may be able to push my MW's to give me a few days past 42 weeks...maybe to Sunday if my BPP on Wed. goes as well as it did last week, but I am not sure. Since I am not having a homebirth, and my MW's are CNM's and don't do homebirths (I love them, btw) there will be an end date no matter what, and it will have to involve Cervadil (and then perhaps Pitocin) if it's a "forced induction".

I guess I just never considered or accepted that I may have to resort to a medical intervention, but I need to accept that- and get over it-- because that is life, and I "can't always get what I want"

I've done all the natural stuff except for a membrane sweep and Caster Oil, but will discuss those with my MW's today.

The good news is that I have had many more BH contrx the last few days...and can bring them on with nipple stim....so that seems like a good sign.

Off to drink another gallon of water....ololol

Hang in there mommas.....we can't stay pregnant forever, I know!
#47 of 54 Old 12-07-2009, 02:03 PM

I am in the same camp as you ladies. I am so afraid that I am just never going to give birth! I will be 42 weeks tomorrow and my midwife is sending me for my first BPP and she did schedule another appointment with me for Friday (I'm having a homebirth) at which point she'll try sweeping my membranes and castor oil. I never in my life imagined I would go past 42 weeks but I much prefer this to my first birth experience which was a medical induction at 41 weeks so I can't complain too much. I just wish I felt like my body was doing something!
#48 of 54 Old 12-07-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMama27 View Post
I never in my life imagined I would go past 42 weeks but I much prefer this to my first birth experience which was a medical induction at 41 weeks so I can't complain too much. I just wish I felt like my body was doing something!
I can relate. My last was a homebirth (40+3), but my son was a c/s w/o any labor at 39+6. I guess that's also what's making me feel a bit anxious. I much prefer this to being pushed into a c/s before my due date...but at the same time I'm not sure how comfortable I am going past 42 weeks and I don't know as I really have any options at that point except to go in for a c/s which seems ridiculous given that I've already had a vaginal birth last time. DH is much more confident that I'll give birth before then...I wish I could share his optimism.

ladyleah - Chill out...lol. Totally easier said than done. I've been getting more BH type contractions lately (and earlier in the day than before) so I agree it has to be a good sign. Annoying, but a good sign.
#49 of 54 Old 12-07-2009, 04:42 PM

I'm at 41+5 and scheduled for induction tomorrow night. I had an NST at L&D yesterday where they kept me on the monitor for about 2 hours because there was a decel about 20 min in consistent with cord compression... they checked my fluid and let me go home, and I'm not too worried about the decel - I'm just worried about my induction.

I got yelled at for changing positions while on the monitor and now I'm thinking: great. I'm being forced to lie still and be a good patient and I'm not even in labor - I can't wait until this happens *during* labor and they use a similar decel as reason to have a c/s. No matter how they induce you at my hospital (Foley, cervidil, pit) you have to have continuous monitoring and an IV, which sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Everyone keeps telling me that I can stay and "have my baby today!" but I guess I'm living in a fantasy world in which I might actually go into labor on my own.

I feel broken and depressed and my mom has been here since Wednesday - she had to book a flight way in advance, and I don't want her at the birth - she is driving me insane and she genuinely seems irritated with me for not having had this baby yet. I haven't told her that I've been offered an induction before 42 weeks because I'm sure she would be *mad at me* for making her "sit here and stare at me" instead of staring at her first grandchild.

Thanks for listening to my rant... hope all of y'all are in a better space than me.

mama to Hank - 12/09/09

#50 of 54 Old 12-07-2009, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Baby-- that is certainly a tough one....having your mom around when she is giving off frustrated and bad vibes (when you already feel that enough on your own!) really blows. I am sorry that you are having that added stress during the already stressful time!

Also, that sucks about the NST- as far as the attitude of the staff. That would really push my buttons as well, and increase my anxiety about the induction. My hope for you would be that if you DID have to go back for that induction tomorrow night (and its certainly a possibility that things will roll on their own in the next 24 hours!!!) that you have a whole new set of staff that make you feel wonderful, warm, and comfortable to do what works for YOU.

<<<<Sending you all the positive vibes (that my lame ass can muster up right now...lolol)>>>>>

PS-Oh yeah- just returned from my MW appt. Still almost to 3cm, and 80% effaced...nothing new per say. Had membranes swept, and was so thankful that it wasn't really painful like I thought it would be. Also, have the go ahead to do some low dose caster oil tomorrow morning. So, we shall see I guess. I have to go for another BPP u/s on Wed.-- but that's ok. I will just be drinking an insane amount of fluid before then!!!
#51 of 54 Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 PM

can I join in?

I was due Dec 1-5th and no baby yet. I am going crazy with zero signs of labor

Quote:
I guess I just never considered or accepted that I may have to resort to a medical intervention, but I need to accept that- and get over it-- because that is life, and I "can't always get what I want"
My induction is scheduled for Dec 16/17. I have tried everything to get this baby to come out (EPO, RRL, sex, exercise, nip stim etc) nothing is working. . !! I never thought Id be in this situation yet here I am. .

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#52 of 54 Old 12-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Well I am still here too. Other than sex though, I have not really tried anything. Everyone keeps telling me to try castor oil but I am really afraid. I have been dealing with morning sickness (only in the early morning though, thank god!) and I just can't imagine having to deal with nausea as a result of the CO and then labor on top of that. Maybe I am being too chicken. I am 42w 2d today with no impending signs of labor that (I still haven't even lost my mucous plug). I can't believe it!
#53 of 54 Old 12-10-2009, 02:36 PM

nymama: huge s Post date babies are STRESSFUL!!!!!

Just out of curiousity, did any of you overdue mamas calculate your due date based on this http://www.childbirthrevolutions.com/duedate.php method? It's the Wood's method and it did change my due date by a week. So according to the Wood's date calculator, I was still overdue but not by the eleven days that the Medical due date told me. Not super reassuring, but I did feel a bit better. Although I still claim that this baby was 11 days over because it makes me feel better! Anyway, that 42 week cut off sure does loom ever closer, doesn't it? And fwiw, my mw did say that although my baby did not have the features of an 11 day post date baby, she most assuredly was at least a week overdue, which fits in with the Wood's method due date calculator.

Good luck and I hope you're all in crazy active labor land right this second!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#54 of 54 Old 12-10-2009, 06:09 PM

hmm that calculator puts me due a week later, which means I should be going into labor sometime this week.

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page