Anyone else have PPD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-02-2009, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have suffered with depression before so after I birth I am paying extra attention to my mood and thoughts. So yeah this time I ave PPD I am not to surprised as I had prenatal depression I just talked to my OBs office and they are upping my Zoloft and they have a therapist there I will go see to make sure the meds are working or if I will need something else. So is anyone else feeling or suspect they may have PPD?

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#2 of 5 Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm glad you are recognizing the signs and have sought help mamma.

I'm not sure whether I have PPD or just occassional baby blues. On one hand I'll not leave the house for several days (mainly because it's so much effort w/ both kids but also because of the Swine flu ), but on the other hand, I'm functioning ok here at home- showering daily, house is semi-picked up, etc. I feel moody and cry often, but isn't that hormonal?

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#3 of 5 Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I hope you feel better! My baby is only 10 days old, and I've been feeling moody lately. I have been taking my placenta though, so any time I feel a "flare up" of hormones, I know it's time for the placenta. I don't know if it is helping or not, but I'm not as sad as I was when my son was first born.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#4 of 5 Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mama's

I have been doing lots of things since his birth to help me feel "better" I shower and do make up everyday we go out and shop and what not. DH has been home since his birth except for one day he went into work (he goes back full time on sunday or monday I forget what one ) we go for walks when the weather is nice. but since all that has only helped some. The hospital would not allow me to take the placenta I wanted to make some capsals I am so happy that it is working for you!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#5 of 5 Old 12-03-2009, 09:49 AM

I don't know if I have PPD or not. I know that I cry all the time and have been feeling increasingly irritable and then guilty because of it.
I'm afraid of taking anti depressants because I've tried so many in the past and had bad reactions to everything.
I'm trying to force myself to get a shower every day because I always feel better afterward, it's just hard to motivate to get in there. Walking helps too but same thing, it's hard to force myself and usually DH gets me out, but now he's back at work.

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page