Finally have a chance to stop in! Ari Josiah was born 11/7! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Mommas! I hope everyone's doing well!

This is almost a month late, but Ari Josiah was born 11/7, weighing 7 pounds, 14 ounces and measuring 21" long. I had a pretty fabulous, unmedicated birth with a wonderful birth partner and husband @ a hospital. Unforunately my OB was not on call at the time, so I was stuck with some other woman from the practice and she was HORRIBLE. So horrible, in fact, that I'm filing complaints against her with the hospital, the practice and the state. She made up her own ACoG guidelines (seriously), lied, was pissed that I refused an epidural ... just completely unsupportive. I'll post a birth story soon.

Those that are still waiting on their LOs, I hope they arrive soon!

K: Wife to C, Momma to C (2/20/08) & A (11/7/09)!
#2 of 9 Old 12-03-2009, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry about the crazy OB but congrats on your birth!!!!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#3 of 9 Old 12-03-2009, 03:34 PM

Congrats on the birth of your baby!

Way to stick it to that nasty HCP!

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 9 Old 12-03-2009, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

She was crazy! I met her the morning before (I was in labor when I went for my 39 week appointment) and the first thing she said was, "If you were my patient, I'd be sending you to the hospital for an epidural and a Pit drip." All because I was a "stretchy" 4cm according to my regular OB. When I told her that I was hoping for an unmedicated delivery, she laughed in my face and said that I would change my mind. When I was pushing (which only took a few minutes), she had the audacity to look up and say, "That epidural sounds really good right about now, doesn't it?"

Crazy, crazy, crazy!

#5 of 9 Old 12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
pjs

Congrats! That ob sounds horrible!
#6 of 9 Old 12-03-2009, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Birth story link - http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...8#post14752978

#7 of 9 Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Wonderful job Momma! You did it!! Congratulations! I love the name Ari--my daughter's name is Arianna, nickname Aries. Cool!

Ok, I read your story and I'm so upset at that horrible OB. I am so sorry you had to deal with such an awful human being. But despite such a negative presence, you managed to pull through and fight for what you wanted--an unmedicated birth. Good for you, and baby too!

What the heck--this woman must not be aware that childbirth pain medication is relatively new, and women have been giving birth for thousands of years without it. She acts like no woman has the ability to give birth without it. Terrible! I hope she is held accountable for her actions.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#8 of 9 Old 12-03-2009, 07:51 PM

Wow-- I am SO happy for you-- but so sorry about your experience with the OB. That is just horrible, and so upsetting. Good for you for sticking to your guns and not caving to her "personal problems" (because clearly she has many).

May I ask, what state are you in- and who the heck is the doc so that we can all steer clear!!!!!????????

Congrats to you!
#9 of 9 Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 AM

Ouch, sorry you had such a crappy dr. Glad to hear it worked out for you in spite of it!! Welcome little one!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page