Baby Fia is here!!! Pics and Birthstory - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All day Wednesday , December 3d I had really light but regular Braxton Hix contractions. Your daddy and I went for a few walks and hung out at home all day and then went to see a movie in the evening. At around 11 pm as we were lying in bed, my water broke! It was a huge gush and nothing like the dribble everyone said it would be. After soaking through 2 pairs of pajama pants, and informing my mom that my water had broken, we decided that the best idea was to get to bed and get some rest before the labor started. We were all expecting a labor of 2 days or so, so we thought we should all get to bed and get as much sleep as possible. About 45 minutes of lying in bed, I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to sleep. Thinking I was a total wuss, I went and woke my mom (your grandma Liddell) up and asked her what I should do. I decided to lay with her in her bed for a while and see if I could get some more sleep. The contractions started to get closer and closer together and more intense. Your grandma and I both figured that it was still going to be a couple days of contractions and that I REALLY needed to get some sleep. But, it was NOT going to happen!
We decided to start timing them and were amazed as they started coming at 4 minutes apart although, they were still a bit irregular. We decided to time a couple more before waking your daddy and when they were all 4 minutes apart, we decided it was time to wake daddy and call the midwife. I stayed lying on my side through all the contractions and was breathing and moaning through them all. At about 3:30 am my dad (your grandpa Liddell) and Delia woke up and came upstairs to see what was going on. Grandpa thought that Elvis (the outdoor dog) was freezing outside and howling to come in!  Turned out it was ME! Your grandma, grandpa, Delia and your daddy all stayed with me from that point on and took turns rubbing my back, squeezing my hands and talking me through the contractions. Your grandma Gaines was also up and helping out behind the scenes where I couldn’t see her, but she was helping to support everyone who was supporting me!
The midwives arrived at about 4:30 am and we moved me into my bedroom so that we could inflate the birthing pool. While your grandparents helped the midwives fill the pool and ready the room, your daddy and I (and some intermittently your grandparents) labored in our room. I was most comfortable laying on my side and just moaning and breathing through all the contractions.
Eventually, the birth pool was filled up and I decided to try it out. This was at about 5 or 5:30 am. Before getting in the midwife checked me because I was making suspicious “pushing” noises. I assumed she would tell me that I was at 3 or 4 centimeters dilated, and that it would still be quite a while. It turns out that I was already at 8!!! I jumped into the pool and the contractions kept coming at around 4 and 5 minutes apart. The water didn’t help as much as I thought it would, but I could sit with my arms draped over the side and on my knees. I kept grunting through contractions, and the midwives let me do as my body wanted. There were definitely some screams and “I can’t do this” at this point. At some point, I turned into a sitting position and started really trying to push through contractions. The midwives held my legs and I pushed as hard as I could.
At around 7 am the midwives suggested I use the bathroom and try laboring on the toilet and I stayed there for about 20 minutes. After that, I moved to the bed to try pushing in a more productive position. I didn’t actually feel the real pushing urge that everyone talks about until I was on my back holding onto my legs in bed. I was soooo tired at this point and really just wanted to meet you! I REALLY didn’t think that there was any way that I could do it but your slowly crowned and your grandparents, midwives and daddy were there cheering me on!
Your head looked sooo small as it was first crowning and then all of a sudden everyone cheered as your whole head popped out! It was amazingly large! Your umbilical cord was wrapped around your neck, and the midwives expertly and easily slipped it off. Then they noticed that your little hand was also up by your head (which could explain why it took me almost 2 ½ hours to push you out!) so the midwives pulled your arm all the way out and then I pushed your body out! It was so incredible having you out and on my chest in a few seconds! You didn’t cry at all and just made the cutest little whimpering noises as the midwives made sure you were ok. I was just absolutely amazed that you were real and actually here! You were born at 8:41 am on December 4th. Your daddy and I sat staring at you for about an hour while I pushed the placenta out and the midwives checked me all over. You are simply the most amazing little being and I LOVE staring at you!!! You are the most beautiful blessing.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=2c2cd1e77b
#2 of 10 Old 12-05-2009, 10:02 PM

Congrats to you! Wonderful pics-- thank you so much for sharing!!!!
#3 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 12:01 AM

beautiful birth story and i wish i looked that good after i gave birth

congratulations!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#4 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
That was such a sweet story, and I like how you wrote it just for Fia!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#5 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 02:23 AM

So sweet mamma. Congrats and welcome baby Fia!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#6 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 03:34 PM

What a wonderful first birth experience!! She is so sweet. Yay far homebirths!!

Mine also came with a tiny fist at his cheek. Ouch! Hope you're doing well!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#7 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShineSally View Post
beautiful birth story and i wish i looked that good after i gave birth

congratulations!
No kidding! I looked like an extra from Chainsaw Massacre or something!!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#8 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
pjs

Congrats!
#9 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Congratulations

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#10 of 10 Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 AM

Awwww! So sweet! Is anyone in your family Asian? My children are 1/2 Irish, 1/2 Korean and they look so much like your little Fia!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page