Uterine Prolapse? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 12-07-2009, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm horrified at the prospect that's what I've got! I'm 9 (almost 10) days post partum and still feeling a ton of pressure and heaviness down there. I had a tear that feels ok, so I'm guessing it's healed/healing. Hemorrhoids are gone, but there's this achy feeling in my lower butt cheeks and again with the heaviness. It hurts to sit and walk, feels better when I lay down...a couple of the things that point to prolapse. No issues with bladder or bowels.

I'll wait a few more days to see if it improves before seeing my doctor, but has anyone else been feeling rotten like this? I didn't expect recovery to be a complete walk in the park, but this doesn't seem to be improving.

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#2 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 12:51 AM

I had tons of pressure down there for about two weeks or so. It worried me as well. I scoped things out, and I looked mighty swollen down there, but other than that... I did ask my midwife about the swelling and pressure, and she seemed to indicate that it was pretty normal.

I would get a mirror and check things out. If you see something that worries you, you can do a few google image searches (but be forewarned!) and then talk to your doctor.

Mine went completely away.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#3 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree w/ ED, I had the same feelings for a couple weeks PP. BUT, you did have a chunk of a baby (same weight as my VBACer ) and with it being a fast delivery, that puts you at a higher risk, IIRC. If it doesn't feel right, just call for the reassurance, if anything.

Congrats again on your VBAC!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#4 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for both the congrats as well as the Google images warning!! I guess I will just give it a few more days to settle down. Everything looks back to normal, so maybe I should take that as a good sign...

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#5 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 AM

I had that feeling as well, especially after walking for a bit. I really had to increase things slowly. I still do get that feeling that "everything is going to fall out" if I stand too much or carry too much, but it is getting less and less.

Yesterday, I had my 6 weeks postpartum checkup and my midwife said, everything looks fine, the tear healed, but still hurts a bit. She also mentioned, that the feeling of pressure can last all through breastfeeding for some women, but it should get less and less.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#6 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 AM

Had the same feeling as well and paranoia. Had the mw check it out and after her asking me some questions and such we ruled that out- then I got a mirror so I could check it out myself to assauge my fears. Warning- make sure not to use the magnified part of the mirror- I was really freaked at first ! I have spent a LOT of time laying down, much more than last time, I don't even hardly remember lying down the day following delivery w/ number #2.

Anyway, at about a week and a half I noticed that it was a lot better and it is getting better a bit by bit. It is frustrating I had such an easy recovery last time I wasn't expecting this. However, even though I had a "small" baby at 7-9 she had a 14 in head w/ a nuchal hand which was very hard for me to push out- which I think caused more issue for me as I had a few abrasions from her elbow on the way out. also, I kept w/ very vigourous exercise last time, but the last few months this time I didn't and I am sure that effected it as well as I am sure all my muscles were not near the same shape as before.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#7 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM

ddc crashing and nak...

i had some prolapse this time. i didn't feel the heaviness you're describing though. i was checking my stitches and inserted a finger so i could guage if i might be close to ready to dtd, and was shocked to find my cervix! it was barely a knuckle inside, whereas usually i have to reach for it.

it has since corrected itself, i now have to reach my whole finger in to feel it. from what i read, it was grade 1, and time and core strengthening exercises help heal it. seems to be working for me so far. it's still a bit lower than it was, but not concerning anymore.

so try putting a finger in there if you're comfortable doing that. and monitor it over several weeks to see if it's self correcting.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#8 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Stay off your feet and lay down as much as possible. I felt very 'stretched out' and achy for about 2 weeks, even with lots of lazing about in bed. But at almost 3 weeks postpartum, I can walk the dog a half mile without feeling like my pelvic floor is about to fall out of my bottom, and I feel pretty much "normal" again.

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#9 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 05:51 PM

It is so nice to read about others going through the same thing, I have felt like such a bum for taking so long to recover here and doing so much laying around. I was up and about yesterday a lot as I felt really good and then all of a sudden at lunch time I really, really started feeling achy and had to lay down- then I started bleeding a bunch again.... sigh... so today I have been doing lots of laying around.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#10 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
It is so nice to read about others going through the same thing, I have felt like such a bum for taking so long to recover here and doing so much laying around.
I hated the laying around part, I felt lonely and was a bit blue and usually sunshine and a walk keeps my spirits up, but I just couldn't really walk or even stand around very long.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#11 of 12 Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 AM

I have a uterine prolapse and cystole that occurred in my 1st pregnancy. It is very noticeable when checking down there with the mirror. I was hoping it wouldn't be as bad this time around, but despite resting, at 3 days PP my cervix was about 1 cm out of my vagina . So I've had to put in my pessary, which let me tell you, putting in 3 days after giving birth was extremely excruciating! I'm hoping I can heal it without surgery. I'll be seeing a physio who specializes in prolapse in Jan. It's made my recovery this time so much harder, and I feel pretty depressed about it.

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
#12 of 12 Old 12-09-2009, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

OMG, Sonneva, ouch! That sounds so painful!! From what I've Googled, it seems that most cases resolve on their own. I hope your's does.

Crunchy mama, DS also came out with his fist at his face. I still have a small hematoma (size of a small grape) on that side, that I (duh) never connected to that until just now!! Everyone's experience has reassured me that it's just going to take a bit longer to recover. For my own peace of mind, I'm going to see if there's any cervix slipping out...but I'm too chicken to go there just yet!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page