6 weeks postpartum - baby & mama - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2009, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey when did yall stop bleeding? I'm 3.5 weeks PP here and still bleeding red. It had turned brownish around week 2, then started red again after a few days.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
Hey when did yall stop bleeding? I'm 3.5 weeks PP here and still bleeding red. It had turned brownish around week 2, then started red again after a few days.
I'm 4.5 weeks out, and a week ago that was still happening to me--and I was NOT overdoing it. It's pretty much gone now, hope yours is gone soon.

Melissa, wife to Brian, mommy to my home born, breastfeeding, sling-riding, sleep sharing, cloth diapered, intact kiddos Adam 11/09 and Leah 8/12.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
I just started using doublers and Small covers instead of NB--hopefully this fixes the problem somewhat. I wonder if his pee-capacity has already "outgrown" the KL0s, even tho I can still snap them..?
I'm having the same problem, although not quite as severe. For now I'm sticking a washcloth between the diaper and the cover if I think we'll have to go more than 2 hours between changes. That seems to help some. I'm just not ready to move her up to Smalls yet.

My midwife gave me a recipe for homemade mother's milk tea that she swears by, if anyone is interested in increasing supply.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 12-17-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliacat View Post
My midwife gave me a recipe for homemade mother's milk tea that she swears by, if anyone is interested in increasing supply.
Oooh yeah, I'd love to know what she puts in hers.

I just bought bulk RRL, nettle, and alfalfa. I drank rrl and nettle all through the pregnancy and the taste has really grown on me. I added the alfalfa and was horrified to discover that adding alfalfa to the blend made it taste like goat butt. :barf Maybe I added too much? Has anyone else discovered that alfalfa tastes absolutely horrible?

I don't like the commercial mother's milk teas because they always have anise in them, and I loathe the taste of licorice in my tea.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 12-17-2009, 10:49 AM

It's great to read all the updates! Strange how little time I have now to be on the computer, lol

Baby Maia is 4.5 weeks old and weighs 11 pounds 2 oz. Her head is now 15.5 inches and she's 22.5 inches long.
She seems so big compared to Madeleine who was only about 7 pounds at this age!

She's doing great, more awake times now and she sometimes has such a serious, wide eyed look, but also has a huge big smile and loves when I touch her nose and tickle her neck.

Her bellybutton started bleeding this week and the dr poked around till he found a granuloma that hadn't dried out so he added some silver nitrate and said no baths for a few more days again.

Mama I feel so good (physically) it's amazing. I started running again last week (more of a jog right now) and after my OB appt next week I will start at the gym again.

Still having a rough time emotionally and hopefully it will calm down. I'm crying, getting frustrated way too fast and sometimes just feeling overwhelmed! This alternates with the joy I feel when I'm with Maia and Madeleine.

Big sister Madeleine is having a hard time sharing Mommy. I feel so bad for her and this is part of the reason I'm upset because I feel like I have changed her life so dramatically and it's so hard on her
BUt then again, she loves her baby sister, kisses her all the time and when she holds Maia's hand and looks at her and talks to her, Maia has started to really respond to her and it is so cool.
sigh...

Hope everyone is feeling great today,

Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
Old 12-17-2009, 12:27 PM

My midwife swears by this stuff, even for moms who WOH full-time, or who are nursing twins.

1 teaspoon per cup of water of each of the following: Fennel, dill, marjoram, star anise, clove.

Simmer the fennel, star anise, and clove, covered, for ten minutes.

Remove from heat.

Add dill and marjoram. Steep, covered, for ten minutes.

Strain.

Make about 1 or 1 1/2 cups, and sip throughout the day. Do not overdo it.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 12-19-2009, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to get that and drink a cup a day just in case.
Anyone else notice that one side produces much more than the other? I think it's ok so far because she still seems satisfied if she only nurses on the right side, but there is a lot more milk on the left and I really don't want to end up only nursing on one side for years!
I'm thinking maybe drinking a cup a day will just maintain the right side and hopefully not make the left produce a crazy amount!

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris

User Tag List