Baby Dedication/Baptism/Christening Outfits - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been searching for outfits for my boys to wear for their Dedication Ceremony ... and I can't find a thing. I'm looking for something other than the traditional tuxedo. Something white or light blue, maybe something knit.

What are your babies wearing? Give links!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#2 of 15 Old 12-15-2009, 04:02 AM

I love boys' clothes!!! We had some *cute* stuff given to us for ds1 but no occasions for wearing it!

Saw this stuff at BabyGap and it was too cute. Not sure if it's your style but thought I'd pass it on anyway.
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=682643
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=682604

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#3 of 15 Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
DDC crashing...I looked here when I was shopping for my baby boy. They have a lot of knit stuff. And way more options for boys than I found anywhere else.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#4 of 15 Old 12-15-2009, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
DDC crashing...I looked here when I was shopping for my baby boy. They have a lot of knit stuff. And way more options for boys than I found anywhere else.
Exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for! Thanks! Now if only I were rich ... I could afford two outfits!

Elisheva - Thanks for the links! I like the outfits, but I'm not sure they would be what I'm looking for, for this occasion.

I did find some stuff on Etsy that I like .... only one thing is in my price range. I just hope that she will message me back and tell me that she can make it in time!!!

Please keep the links coming!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#5 of 15 Old 12-15-2009, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! This is what I ordered ... not exactly what I wanted ... but in my price range.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=36565833

#6 of 15 Old 12-15-2009, 06:06 PM

Ds will wear my grandfathers gown I am hopeing it will fit him and Ds1 will be wearing a tux he had a blessing ceremony but I want to have him christened at our church so there will be a double christening our Pastor is very excited to do it also so that gets us more excited it will be very intimate not to many people just us and grandparents and greatgrandma and my sister that is it.

I would check target I was just there and they have lots of knit outfits and so does babies r us I know you ordered those beautiful sweaters but just thought I would throw those out there.

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#7 of 15 Old 12-15-2009, 07:40 PM

so glad you found something!! those sweaters are gorgeous and should go well over any white sleeper - TJMaxx seems to have lots of white/cream sleepers for good prices if you don't already have.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#8 of 15 Old 01-07-2010, 04:49 PM

Carrie- when is your dedication ceremony? My mom is making the boys outfits which is totally nice and unexpected of her. Dd wore my outfit for her ceremony....it needed a bit of altering since I was smaller at her age. We are having the ceremony on Feb 14th!!! We are so excited to have it on such a postmarked loving day. Instead of remembering the day for roses and chocolates I will think of my sons special day with friends and family.

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#9 of 15 Old 01-07-2010, 05:07 PM

I don't have a link...we just had a little white knit jumpsuit (it has a little peter rabbit on the yoke). DH's xw bought it for DS1, and both our other sons have worn it too. This photo came out a bit blurry, but you can kinda see what it looks like...really simple, I'm sure she just found it at a regular children's store...

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#10 of 15 Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel View Post
Carrie- when is your dedication ceremony? My mom is making the boys outfits which is totally nice and unexpected of her. Dd wore my outfit for her ceremony....it needed a bit of altering since I was smaller at her age. We are having the ceremony on Feb 14th!!! We are so excited to have it on such a postmarked loving day. Instead of remembering the day for roses and chocolates I will think of my sons special day with friends and family.

The ceremony is this Sunday. The lady that I ordered the outfits from on etsy had surgery and then complications from the surgery .... so needless to say, I don't have the outfits yet! AHHH!! She said she's going to overnight them as soon as she get's them finished. Yikes! I hope they make it in this weather!

That is so special that you're having the ceremony on Valentines day .... I wish I would have thought of that! That's nice that you have your mom to make the outfits too!

#11 of 15 Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 PM

Carrie, we're getting our DS baptized on Sunday, too! My sister, who went to school for fashion design, offered to MAKE DS's outfit; I'm super excited to see how it turned out. How special that his aunt made his baptism outfit.

Have a great day. Are you doing a reception for folks after the baptism?

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#12 of 15 Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 PM

Those little sweaters are beautiful, I hope they make it in time! Ds will wear the same christening gown that dd wore. It's a beautiful cotton & lace gown passed down through my family, first worn by my grandfather over 100 years ago. Dh is tolerating the fact that it is a dress, but in 1898 both boys and girls wore these,

Wife to dh and mama to : dd (7/08) and ds (11/09)
#13 of 15 Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

The outfits arrived on Saturday. Whew! The lady had to spend half of what I paid her to ship it overnight!

My handsome boys!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0a&id=20703676

#14 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Carrie, they look gorgeous! Nice work on choosing the outfits and getting a great photo.

Here's our "little man" http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=524505292

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#15 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post
Carrie, they look gorgeous! Nice work on choosing the outfits and getting a great photo.

Here's our "little man" http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=524505292

Very Cute!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page