How are everyones pets adjusting to the new babies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-21-2009, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was so worried about my cats and they are all doing wonderful my one the baby kitty Wally LOVES Glenn and my little girl kitty Lexie well she likes him and is not phased in the least she will push the swing for him if it slows down and my big boy Barney he loves to look at him... and likes his bassinet they all have laid with him him the arms reach co sleeper when he's waken up in the middle of the night at least one of the cats have been in there with him every night and I can not find a way to keep them out but none go near his face they stay near his belly but still it makes me nervous so then he will stay in bed with me. I am also SO SO SO SO happy he is not allergic to the cats I was also worried about that!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#2 of 8 Old 12-21-2009, 10:27 PM

both my cat and my husband's cat pretty much just completely ignore the baby. I thought they would be much more interested, but they could care less.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#3 of 8 Old 12-22-2009, 10:22 PM

Our small dog (5lbs) seems a little frightened by our little one and pretty much ignores her. We hope she'll adjust soon, but its already been 7.5 weeks...

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#4 of 8 Old 12-23-2009, 12:08 AM

Our cat disliked children. But I miss her anyway.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#5 of 8 Old 12-23-2009, 11:12 AM

The first couple of days were rough with the dogs jumping up ... well mostly just one dog, MeMe. But, now everyone is used to the babes. It's funny because when Aggie comes out of her kennel she runs around looking for the babies. She will look in the swing, the car seat, the bouncy chair, and then the couch till she finds them. We thought Aggie would be the problem since she is so big and hyper, but she wasn't. It was MeMe ... she was just soo curious.

The cat wants nothing to do with the babes. She has found a new place on the bed ... at the foot of the bed. At least she has come to terms. She used to spoon with me every night. lol.

Both Aggie and Miss Kitty leave the room when the babies cry. lol.

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#6 of 8 Old 12-23-2009, 04:13 PM

My dog was present while I was in labor (he sat on the bed and kept me company) and was in the room when the baby was born. He behaves in a markedly different way towards this baby than he did/does with DS1. I think it's because he witnessed the birth and knows DS2 is 'part of the pack', whereas DS1 was just this strange, loud, troublesome package we brought home one day, and he continues to be a minor nuisance to a 12 1/2 year old tripod dog (wanting to ride him and hugging him too much, even if the dog also does get biscuits from DS1 on an almost daily basis, and he drops food intentionally, saying "That one is for Sumi."). DS2, on the other hand, the dog will check in on if he's crying, and he'll go sit next to DS2 when he's asleep, like he's guarding the baby.

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
#7 of 8 Old 12-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Banned

Our dogs weren't allowed in the room since we had some complications, but they saw her within an hour of being born. Both of the girls act like the baby is theirs. They watch over her, investigate and warn anyone who walks in the door before sitting in front of whoever is holding her, they rush to her if she as much as whimpers, frequently try to bathe her, etc.. It sounds like they're overly possessive, but they're not. They're just acting like a 2nd and 3rd mom, and it's sweet.
#8 of 8 Old 12-25-2009, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyBaby View Post
Our dogs weren't allowed in the room since we had some complications, but they Sawyer within an hour of being born. Both of the girls act like the baby is theirs. They watch over her, investigate and warn anyone who walks in the door before sitting in front of whoever is holding her, they rush to her if she as much as whimpers, frequently try to bathe her, etc.. It sounds like they're overly possessive, but they're not. They're just acting like a 2nd and 3rd mom, and it's sweet.

that is too cute!!!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page