i miss being pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-23-2009, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just as the title says. glad he's here but i'm sad pregnancy is over. /depressed

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#2 of 6 Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 AM

Me too! It's just weird now. I did love having my body back for a minute though. I went back through my pregnancy pics... and the ones from 36 weeks ... I was like OMG..... I was HUGE!

We've been DTD like rabbits though So, don't be surprised if you see a thread from me soon!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#3 of 6 Old 12-23-2009, 01:24 PM

I have been thinking about the next baby from the second this one popped out. I remember clearly thinking - that was awesome, let's do it again.

But honestly, I have no idea how mothers of more than one go through the first weeks. I totally admire you ladies.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#4 of 6 Old 12-23-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belltree View Post
I have been thinking about the next baby from the second this one popped out. I remember clearly thinking - that was awesome, let's do it again.
This is exactly how I felt after my first was born (except there was no "let's" since I was a single mom). I loved being pregnant, birth was totally empowering, I was insanely in love with my son....

Quote:
Originally Posted by belltree View Post
But honestly, I have no idea how mothers of more than one go through the first weeks. I totally admire you ladies.
Going from one to two has been... interesting. I keep thinking that the baby is just so easy, it's the two of them put together that's hard! I have friends with three, four, and five kids, and one woman I work for has eight with the last two being twins, and I wonder how they do it! I can't seem to get a whole lot done at all. My day consists of chasing the boy around and getting/showing him stuff and nursing the baby and changing diapers.

I mentioned in another thread that I had thought I was completely done having babies. My second pregnancy was not near as easy as my first, which was a breeze. With this latest one, I had morning sickness, excruciating nerve pain, and pretty scary depression. Not fun. However, the birth was totally awesome and even more empowering than the first, and as soon as she was out, I felt 100% back to normal. Recovery has been a breeze, and I have [thankfully] fallen back in love with my husband, who is a fabulous daddy and has been great with this recovery period.

And now I feel like there is one more soul out there who belongs in our family. And my husband feels the same way. The thought of having another rough pregnancy scares me. The thought of having three kids terrifies me, but... maybe one day.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#5 of 6 Old 12-23-2009, 06:26 PM

I miss it too!!! Glenn was a total surprise baby and I had the most horrible pregnancy I had terrible depression my hip went out of wack every week starting at 16 weeks until he was born!! I had morning sickness and could not sleep for the life of me but man I want to do it again oneday!!!!!! I asked DH if we could have another baby in 5 or 6 years he said what?! he knew I had wanted Ds1 to be my only and he was totally okay with it he loves him as his own. he smiled and said okay why the change of heart and the truth is I was looking at Glenn in his swing sleeping with milk coming out of his mouth still he smiled a little baby smile and I thought ohh my goodness am I really never going to do this again, I know there is still one more baby out there waiting for us! I like large age gaps so 5 or 6 years is what I would want. And DH is all for it I also told him I would remind him in 5 years that he said he liked that idea

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#6 of 6 Old 12-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

Newb here. I also miss being pregnant. The delivery had some...challenges, to put it mildly, a home birth I am still so glad I did, but I hope to get pregnant again. A second baby would be spontaneous, so probably won't happen. But we hope it does. I'm so glad our daughter is here, but I miss being pregnant. It was like a private bonding time no one else could share. And I personally felt special.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page