Period at 2mos????? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-26-2009, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WTH(eck) today Charlotte turned 2mos(and dd turned2) and I wake up to a period How can this be? I am so bummed!!! I need to BF dd until she is 2 due to her kidney defect and we don't use BC. I can't get pregnant for at least another 1 1/2 years. I always seem to get pregnant after only 2 cycles. SHe is just too young!! I am still not adjusting to 3, 3 and under. She i so fussy and crys non stop. I just found out she is allergic to mlk so I am off dairy and its torture! I also lost my voice today. I just want to cry!

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2009, 02:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
s

I hear you about 3 under 3 (well, my oldest turned 3 two weeks ago, but still...) I also got my period back at 4 weeks with ds1 and 8 weeks with ds2. So far nothing, but we're being extra-careful about dtd.

Is there no possibility to use bc even for a med issue? Hang in there, mama.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

Old 12-27-2009, 09:32 PM

I keep feeling like I'm going to get mine...: hoping not to though!!!

Hang in there mamma.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 12-27-2009, 09:44 PM

got mine when my guy was 10 weeks. totally unfair.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
rrs

I got mine. 6w3d, and tandem nursing. I want more babies, but not yet!!!

I didn't get it with Carter till 11 months postpartum, and didn't ovulate until 14 months postpartum.

This sucks, sorry Jennifer. The dairy thing sucks, too, but you can do it! Let me know if you need recipes or suggestions.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

My mom got hers 1 week pp after me. Here's to hoping I don't follow suit.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:45 AM

Darnit! Got mine yesterday (almost 8 wks pp).

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

Old 12-31-2009, 10:53 AM

edited post

Shop at Weedle Weedle for cloth diapers, nursing pillows, swaddle blankets and more!

Free Shipping on orders over $75!  Customer Rewards!  

Old 01-01-2010, 04:52 PM

I'm 4 weeks pp and am pretty sure I just ovulated I'm tandem nursing too. It totally sucks, I hope I don't get my period in two weeks!

I got my period 4 months pp after DD

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:26 PM

I noticed some ewcm a couple days ago and felt utterly crestfallen. I'm not sure exactly if I ovulated, but I did feel a little crampy down in the ovaries, which if I recall correctly usually happens to me right around ovulation. *sigh* I didn't get my period back until my son was a year, and my midwife says fertility usually follows your own pattern, but reading this thread does not reassure me.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 01-05-2010, 08:11 PM

6w4d pp and is back.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 PM

4 weeks 5 days and thank god no AF Yet! i dont ever remember when i got mine last time but bs exclusly with my first and this time ive had to supplemnet her a few times and my boobs had run out =-(

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:11 PM

One of my friends has been exclusively breastfeeding after each of her kids (including a set of twins) and ALWAYS gets AF back at two months. Some women just do.

I'm a lucky one I guess, last time it was 20m (this kid doesn't nurse so much as the last one did though, so I'm guessing it'll be sooner...)

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

Old 01-09-2010, 09:29 PM

yeahh, i'm 7w pp and shocked, SHOCKED, that i haven't had a period yet! i usually get 'em back like 4 weeks pp

of course now i've probably jinxed it...

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Old 01-21-2010, 03:10 AM

I got mine at 7 weeks PP and I EBF on demand (every 1.5 to 2 hrs). I'm still bitter about that. DD sleeps on my belly most nights, so lots of skin to skin and I wear her half the day. It's NOT fair!

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:50 AM

Add me to the AF club, I just assumed that I wouldn't get it back until after we were done nursing (like my Mom - well over a year), but alas that wasn't meant to be . 6.5 weeks here and while I'd love at least 1 or 3 more, now is not the time.

I noticed some EWCM and that Kiefer was a little fussy and sensed it was coming back even with no pacifier, nursing on demand, and no bottles (didn't even pump until I got my period and I noticed a supply drop and I only did that twice as my supply rapidly increased after a few days - milks in the freezer). I've got some Mother's Milk tea to take now and I'm doing the cal mag pills, any other suggestions - should I pump before AF? Last time I just pretty much snuggled with him topless and let him pop on and off for a couple of days and that worked.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:07 PM

so glad I am not alone! got mine back almost at exactly 6 weeks (5w6d) and I fairly certain I O'd 2-3 days ago . . .DH and I haven't DTD because we were wanting to wait the 6 weeks (I had a c-section) and then I go and get AF, and them I'm ovulating . . . don't want hormonal bc so may need to do condoms until cycles get sorted out and I can chart again. I was so hoping to not have any periods while EBF'ing, but he doesn't really eat around the clock, and I am not about to force him if he's willing to let me get 5-6 hours sleep!

- Katrina

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 01-22-2010, 03:28 AM

Wow I so did NOT want to be here, DS is only 9 weeks tomorrow! But pretty sure AF is coming back. Had some light blood on tp this afternoon, put a pad on and only a small drop of light blood at last check. But I feel crampy. I can't believe this could even really be happening with as much as this baby nurses (on avg. every 2 hrs around the clock), all the skin-to-skin contact and the near-constant baby wearing thanks to his wicked reflux. C-boy didn't nurse quite this much and I wore him far less and AF still stayed away for 14 months so WTH is with this 9 weeks crap?!? I'm completely and utterly alone, so I have no fear of getting pregnant, but come ON, do I not have ENOUGH to deal with right now????

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
Old 01-22-2010, 10:43 PM

I had a teeny bit of pink on my tp when I wiped this afternoon... no more since...now I'm wondering. I didn't get AF back til 14 months with DS and I am only 8.5 weeks PP... yikes.

EDIT: There's enough to have a light pad. blah.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

User Tag List