Those of you using cloth what cd do you like... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
which ones do you hate?

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

#2 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 AM

I LOVE the Rumparooz and the BG 3.0 I am not to crazy with fitteds on such a young one I like fitteds at about 6 months I am also useing sized FB's but they are all the old styles as they were from DS1 and my friend who got them used off of the TP here 5 years ago! I also do not like the prefolds on such a little guy they seem to bulky just like the fitteds.

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#3 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am not thrilled with my fitteds either. Granted I've only used KL0s and no-name fitteds- they just don't hold enough and I can't get them tight enough around the legs. Maybe I'll wait to see if I like them when he's older.

I love my PFs and wool covers, I can get them tight and there's no fuss involved.

Oh, I have a Clover pocket dipe and I hate it. Stuffing just takes too long.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#4 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM

nak

I love my fitteds and covers and am generally overall dissatisfied with my bG AIO and pockets. And much to my surprise, I find myself preferring velcro to snaps. The no-name fitteds I have still fit, but absorbency-wise they are starting not to hold up as well in that I have to change after one pee. I am actually ok with changing after/at every pee anyway because I'm attempting to work up the motivation and gumption to at least part time EC. But my hubby hates the cloth diapers because the baby will cry as soon as she goes in them because she hates feeling wet.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#5 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post

Oh, I have a Clover pocket dipe and I hate it. Stuffing just takes too long.
Where did you get a clover pocket? I did not know they made pockets. I'm loving their fitteds and prefolds though. They fit wonderfully and absorb tons.
#6 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 04:58 PM

I've got a little of this and a little of that in my stash. The only major dipes I haven't tried are AIOs and Wool. Would love to try wool, but it's way too much $$$.

I'm actually preferring prefolds with Thirsties covers so far. The only way he still fits into his orange edge prefolds is if I just trifold them. They haven't fit with a Snappi since about week 2. I for sure need to get larger prefolds, but can't bring myself to pay the shipping from GMD.

I'm feeling sort of "meh" about fitteds. They are just a little too bulky for my taste once the cover is on, but I don't hate them. I use them when all the prefolds are dirty so I can save the pockets for DH. They are definately the cutest diapers we have.

I've pulled out DS1's small Fuzzibunz for the baby and I find that I am still a fan. Easy to use, no leaks, pretty trim. They are by far DH's favorite CD to use. But we only have 4 of them.

I pulled out DS1s BG2.0s and notched them down to the smallest setting and although they fit the baby, they are way too bulky for my taste, so I put them away and will try them when the baby is a little bigger and more mobile.

I guess the only dipes I have really "hated" so far are the Kissaluvs fitteds. I found them to be too "hot" for the baby and they took foreeeeeeeeeeeever to dry. I much prefer fitteds that have a lay-in soaker.

I use sposies at night, as I got tired of trying and failing to find a night-time CD solution that didn't end in leaks or a HUGE bulk that prevented the baby from being comfy.
#7 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Stuffing just takes too long.

I pre-stuff my pockets so it's like useing an aio!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#8 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 06:32 PM

nak

fitteds and wool. lovin' it!

Lauren

bellycast.gif 

#9 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 07:20 PM

Love my SposoEasy AIO's! Dh loves them too. We now have a stash of 30 smalls and that is plenty if we wash every other day. So easy to use, and only one blowout poo so far (and it barely escaped, just a tiny bit out the leg hole), and that was while baby was in the carseat after a long ride. We love the velcro, not so fond of the snap version right now - it's harder to get the right fit. But keeping a few of those for when DS is bigger. Id recommend this brand to anyone though!

Not so fond of my prefold and cover combo. The covers are fine, I just don't like the extra step. It's hard to snappi them bc DS loves to put his knees to chest during changes and I'm afraid the snappi will scratch him when I'm trying to put it on. I used pins, which I'm good at, but it's another step. Also tried trifolding in the covers, it works fine but still prefer the AIo's. Also, the AIO's are definitely more absorbent.

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#10 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 07:28 PM

Very happy with my prefolds and Thirsties covers. I'm not bothering with a snappie until he's more mobile. No leaks or blow outs at this point. We've transitioned to using infant pf's overnight for a little more absorbency.
#11 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Another fan of prefolds and Thirsties covers! We also love BG 3.0's "double stuffed" for overnights. I got some Kushies off of Diaper Swappers, but they've leaked all over for me so far.

Mama to DS 11/25/09 kid.gif
Married to my truelove since 6/2/2007 fuzmalesling.gif

pos.gif <- that happened, EDD 6/28/14

#12 of 32 Old 01-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidarling View Post
Where did you get a clover pocket? I did not know they made pockets. I'm loving their fitteds and prefolds though. They fit wonderfully and absorb tons.
It maybe a fitted? You have to stuff it, so that's why I assumed it was a pocket. It was a handmedown from a friend. Anyhoo, I'm much too impatient for it!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#13 of 32 Old 01-07-2010, 01:55 AM

Well, we got rid of most of our velcro because I prefer snaps- with 2 shedding dogs, and a 2 year old DD who undoes the velcro and runs around naked, we opted for snaps. My all-time favorite- and I have tried tons of different dipes- are Haute Pockets. LOVE THEM! I prefer the old style but they are hard to find... I do have some PF's and nikki covers, and some BSWW that i usually use for DS. I definitely prefer pockets over PF's.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#14 of 32 Old 01-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
Well, we got rid of most of our velcro because I prefer snaps- with 2 shedding dogs, and a 2 year old DD who undoes the velcro and runs around naked, we opted for snaps. My all-time favorite- and I have tried tons of different dipes- are Haute Pockets. LOVE THEM! I prefer the old style but they are hard to find... I do have some PF's and nikki covers, and some BSWW that i usually use for DS. I definitely prefer pockets over PF's.
Old style Haute Pockets - Nicki's has a surplus, although only in velcro, on sale:
http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=592

Mama to DS 11/25/09 kid.gif
Married to my truelove since 6/2/2007 fuzmalesling.gif

pos.gif <- that happened, EDD 6/28/14

#15 of 32 Old 01-07-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
It maybe a fitted? You have to stuff it, so that's why I assumed it was a pocket. It was a handmedown from a friend. Anyhoo, I'm much too impatient for it!
Does it have two little snaps on the inside of the diaper with a smallish opening? If so, that's just the access slot for adjusting the leg buttonhole elastic. No need to stuff the soaker inside. Just lay it in the diaper like this.
Hope that helps!
#16 of 32 Old 01-07-2010, 05:16 PM

All my dipes are "no name" WAHM diapers--mostly my own make actually
I was all excited about microfleece pockets last time around, and made a bunch...as he got into bigger sizes I started experimenting with other fabrics/styles and have concluded that I don't particularly love microfleece OR pockets, but it's what i've got...
New babe seems to react to the microfleece (he's getting rashes, even after I stripped them, so I made a bunch of cotton velour liners which seem to have solved the problem). Now I'm debating whether to try to sell off all the mf dipes and totally re-do my stash all at once, or just use liners and try to sew a few more dipes at a time and slowly shift over...

My new favorites? I like fitteds with velour or terry inside (natural fibers--cotton, hemp, bamboo). I like PUL covers for going out, but I love woolies around the house... Yeah, i've just gone a step more hippy I guess

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#17 of 32 Old 01-07-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShineSally View Post
I pre-stuff my pockets so it's like useing an aio!
Yeah, i stuff mine as I take them out of the laundry (AK doesn't get enough sun or warmth at this time of year to even consider line drying ) I even double-stuff some of them and take them straight to the bedroom for the mid-night changes. So I don't have to prep that in the evening either.

with all that said, I'm finding that I prefer fitteds with lay-in doublers as needed.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#18 of 32 Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM

Love:
One Size Fuzi Bunz
Older BumGenuis 3.0
Prefolds

Dislike:
Happy Heinz
Thirsties Cover

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#19 of 32 Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamieCole View Post
Does it have two little snaps on the inside of the diaper with a smallish opening? If so, that's just the access slot for adjusting the leg buttonhole elastic. No need to stuff the soaker inside. Just lay it in the diaper like this.
Hope that helps!
Oh thank you so much for clarifying that! One night it took me 5 min to get the insert just perfectly (ok so I was being a little OCD...lol). I'll start doing that instead!

#20 of 32 Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Oh thank you so much for clarifying that! One night it took me 5 min to get the insert just perfectly (ok so I was being a little OCD...lol). I'll start doing that instead!
You are so welcome...I was totally confused when I first got my clovers in the mail. I actually emailed the company to make sure I was doing it right. Who knew diapers could be so complicated?
#21 of 32 Old 01-08-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannaInDairyland View Post
Another fan of prefolds and Thirsties covers!
Me, too. I like the Wonder Wraps one size diaper cover, it's a good one.

I miss the old Thirsties fitteds: inexpensive, trim little workhorses. Sniff.

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

#22 of 32 Old 01-08-2010, 11:07 AM

I don't like:
  1. covers/fitted ones with buttons to snap, they drive me nuts.
  2. Thirsty covers
  3. One size -grow along covers/fitted, what a silly invention, they never really fit and usually leak.

I love:
  1. velcro covers
  2. Wool covers : Imse Vimse, Disana, something bug (used was fine). Less washing, no plastic noise or smell.

Either way:
  1. Fitted ones are handy, but prefolds with snappis work just as fine.
  2. Bummis super bright
  3. Lite Wrap

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#23 of 32 Old 01-08-2010, 10:47 PM

After cding 2 babies (a 5 month old and a 2.5 year old), I
Like:
Kissaluvs fitted size 0 (but not for older babies)
Thirsties covers
Green Mountain Diapers Prefolds
BumGenius One size 3.0 after about 3 months old. But I had them converted to snaps - the tabs failed after 18 months of heavy use. I would purchase again only if they are made with snaps. Otherwise I would try Fuzzibunz perfect size pockets.

Don't Like:
Bummis whisper wraps - they stay moist instead of drying if you are alternating use after pees.
Snappis (folding prefolds in 3rds is better)
Prefolds other than the Green Mountain ones
BumGenius All In Ones - not very absorbent and I do not like to go through several sizes, too expensive
Using prefolds without a fleece liner after about 3 months. The baby always seems too wet and uncomfortable and wrinkled after every pee
#24 of 32 Old 01-09-2010, 09:38 PM

ok, so this is the first time i've used fitted with a wee one instead of prefolds, but OMG i am loving the fitteds and hate the PFs now that i have a comparison! his poos always leak out the side of my snappi'd prefold and ruin the cover, which is esp. annoying if he got a wool cover on.

that said, with the cold weather etc i am LOVING fitteds with knit longies over top. I put lay-in doublers at night, and WHEE no poo leaks! my fave longies are from green way baby wear, on Etsy

I have beat-to-death (very used ) size 1 kissaluvs, tho i did have an xs thirsties fitted that was great when it fit They're really not that great, except for the fact that they don't leak poo at the legholes, heh--so i'm assuming i'd like about any fitted dipe

I have some happy heinies pockets, and they're okay--nice to have when out and about, but not amazing. i love the fit of the FuzziBunz I have too, but meh. I guess I don't like the fleece in the pockets--it feels plasticky to me.

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#25 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Prefolds (no snappis, just folded) with a variety of covers.

I find myself most often reaching for the Prorap covers, the Thirstie and the wool Nikky cover. I tend to leave the Bummis one for last or emergencies only.

Mom to DD Nov 2009,
#26 of 32 Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

I will post my likes and dislikes now I forgot to in my post. With each baby so far its been different and thats annoying to me! With ds we loved fuzzi bunz pockets. He wore the size med from 2mos until PL at 2 1/2. For dd we cd from birth and tried small FB but they all fell apart after 2 weeks of use she didn't fit in the med FB right and leaked all the time so we used infant prefolds and imse vimse wool covers from birth. It was easy and cheap since I bought the wool covers on here used. Now for dd#2 its been a challenge. I have always hated the big cd bum because my kids look like pears or webble wobbles.

I love:
clover fitteds but they are bulky
(but I don't have any covers that I like to use with them except
1 lonely pair of knitted wool longies that I love too)
1 flat I borrowed from a friend

I like:
infant prefolds
thirsties cover
ruskovilla wool longies

I hate:
All pockets
BG org AIO"s
imse vimse wool covers

I want to love pockets since they are so trim! They just don't fit her right yet since they are all med or OS. I can't wait for the summer because she will be able to wear her fitteds and prefolds with ruskovilla wool soakers and I don't have to worry about pants lol I actually bought some of the gro baby bio soakers and LOVE them!!! They are biodegradable in the landfill in 50-150 days so I have the trimness of a sposie but the cover to hold in EBF poop explosions and they are earth friendly. I use them in the thirsties duo cover.

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

#27 of 32 Old 01-15-2010, 08:23 PM

LOVE: Dream-eze fitteds and AIOs, Baby BeeHinds one size bamboo fitteds (my 2am to 7am dipe, absorbent enough for night time AND will contain the giant morning poo), prefolds (bikini twist rocks my socks).

WANT TO LOVE BUT SO FAR CANNOT: Marathon pockets--love the trimness and poo containment but I must be doing something wrong because I always get pee leaks

Melissa, wife to Brian, mommy to my home born, breastfeeding, sling-riding, sleep sharing, cloth diapered, intact kiddos Adam 11/09 and Leah 8/12.

#28 of 32 Old 01-15-2010, 08:29 PM

Love Bumgenius 3.0. So easy my dh had no problems switching Takes a few mins to stuff them all but I get into a rhythem and really don't mind. I like the velcro because when William is squirming to get away it's super quick. And since the inserts come out they dry SUPER fast.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#29 of 32 Old 01-16-2010, 01:16 AM

I liked my GMD prefolds/Thirsties DUO Wraps combo for ease-of-use, but my DS is a seriously heavy wetter and the prefolds always seemed to keep the 'wet' right up on him, which I didn't care for.

Once he outgrew those we busted out our MEOS and size 2 DUO Wraps. Love, love, love the MEOS, but I doubt they are going to fit him right up to PLing as they already fit pretty well. I guess he could shift his weight around as he becomes mobile and then I could see them fitting longer.

I am not at all impressed with our NuBunz pocket dipes; can't get a good fit to save our lives and always have leaks out the legs even though his thighs are kind of chunky! I do keep a few (pre-stuffed) in the diaper bag just because there are fewer pieces to keep track of, but mostly they go unused.

The NuBunz microfiber inserts I use as a doubler in a MEOS for night time with a strip of fleece laid over the MF.

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#30 of 32 Old 01-16-2010, 03:25 PM

I love prefolds and Thirsties covers!
Well, that's all I've ever tried but they are great for us. Never a leak and she likes them

Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page