Crazy times - burning out - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-10-2010, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Having a child is the most wonderful thing. Time is flying by, who would have guessed, that our little guy is already 11weeks old today?

Breastfeeding is routine by now, although one of my nipples has not healed yet.

We are almost done with our first bronchitis. I would have never thought, that I could go days with almost no sleep just to sooth my little baby at night, keep him upright and comfortable.

We made our first trip across the Atlantic (another death in my family); a 3 day trip with crazy wintertime airport travel, but my little guy and I made it. Daddy cried for 2 hours after we both left, because he missed us so much!

We had another growth spurt. Isn't it amazing, how they suddenly know what to do with those little fingers, one day he could not hold a rattle, and the next he held it tight for 15sec or so!

I am trying to catch up with my work at school, I am way behind due to the craziness of the last couple days and feel really guilty for not being a better student.

I am afraid of burning out...

I am afraid my little guy is not happy enough. He smiles and seems content, but I always feel other babies constantly smile and cooh and laugh, when I read around the web. Maybe I need to meet other moms and their babes?

Dh misses dtd and me too, but my tear still hurts and I am afraid of the pain.

No need to say anything here, I am just sharing my thoughts.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#2 of 2 Old 01-12-2010, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

the days seem to go by too quickly, that is for sure.

I know what you mean about feeling like maybe your baby isn't happy enough. I wish you could hang out with me and my baby. While she is content a lot of the time, she is not a smiley baby. She always looks so serious! I personally find it endearing now, but sometimes I feel the need to explain to people that she is quiet, observant, and serious in response to why she won't smile at them.

and as far as dtd... I have twice. Both times were not fun. And I barely even tore (just had a little "scratch" that didn't even need a stitch). I'm sure my hubby would like it more now, but... he has a little teeny problem understanding that I am like a crock pot: if you want me to be ready at night, you better turn me on in the morning and keep me warm all day. As it were, we used copious amounts of lube. Still didn't feel right. Hopefully with time.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page