Moby Question: 6wk old doesn't like "newborn hold," so I'm splaying her, is that okay? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I've got a moby (Christmas) and my 6 week old really doesn't like the newborn hold (the one where they go *in* to the pockets), but she's happy as a clam in the hug hold one, the one where they kind of straddle the two straps.

It basically splays her though (not a full splay, but a definite splay), is that okay? Am I being overly paranoid?

Mom to DD Nov 2009,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-10-2010, 08:59 PM

I'm carrying mine that way. He's also 6 weeks. It doesn't feel forced to me and he's comfy and happy enough that he goes right to sleep. I don't think he'd sleep if he was uncomfortable. Just my two cents!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#3 of 6 Old 01-10-2010, 09:57 PM

I've been carrying mine like that for two weeks

Forest wandering mama treehugger.gif to Z 14/02/08 homebirth.jpgand T 30/11/09 h20homebirth.gif.
#4 of 6 Old 01-10-2010, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

okay, cool, thanks! That's what I figured, I'm just a worrywart.

I can't wait until I can do the back hold (I'm just excited to be able to fully bend over). I used to watch the women in Ghana do a similar wrap, but one-handed and without assistance, that's my goal.

Mom to DD Nov 2009,
#5 of 6 Old 01-13-2010, 07:44 PM

That's what we're doing for the last few weeks. She is just too big and I'm too fat to fit her in the newborn hold. Plus, now she's awake a bit more when she's in it and like to look up at me a bit more.

Does the Moby have a back hold? How do you put them in?

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#6 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 05:23 PM

I'm carrying mine like that right now!!! Just sat down to check the boards for a sec in amongst making dinner I splay her in the two over the shoulder parts and then pull the middle part up and over her, almost to her head, so that the middle part supports her legs. So they're not really hanging down...does that make sense???

I've never used the Moby for a back hold successfully because mine have all been too fat by the time they're old enough and the Moby doesn't offer enough support for me. So I just use the Ergo. And this baby is shaping up to be just as fat as the others, so in a few more months I'll get the ol' Ergo out of storage!

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page