Nov. Baby Milestones - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how old is your little one and what are they doing at this point?

kaine is 2months old, he can scoot himself sort of, nothing major. i'm not sure if he's actually trying or just coincidence while he's kicking around. he coo's, and if you make noises and are talking to him he will make a noise back at you. he squeaks in a happy way? he is smiling at me and dh quite often now. he is starting to move his sides and everything so hopefully he will start turning over soon. he has pretty good head control now; doing little mini pushups, rotating his head to look around if you hold him.

i think that's all that's going on right now, and most of it is pretty normal from what i've read, but it's always exciting when he does something new.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 PM

We are just seeing the first few tentative smiles and coos at 6 weeks, which I LOVE!! Hmm, I'd have to dig out my What to Expect...to see what he should be accomplishing at this point! We are just enjoying him and haven't really been checking the milestones.

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
Old 01-13-2010, 12:31 AM

Annabelle smiles and coos. It makes my heart toasty warm. If I talk sweetly to her (the girl likes to be complimented), she'll "talk" back with little ooooohs and aaaaaahs. She can roll from her side to her front or back, but I haven't yet seen her roll from her belly to back or back to belly. She also tracks things and people visually and aurally. Other than that, she just nurses. It appears to be her favorite pastime.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 01-13-2010, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS smiles and coos, to us and to himself a lot. It's truely heartmelting. He also giggles in his sleep- I can't wait until it's to me! He's found his hand and can easilly spend 10 min staring at it. He loves to mouth his fat little hand and has given himself a hicky a couple of times.

His head control is still wobbly but better (he is 9 1/2 wks). He loves to push up on his legs if you give him something to stand on- this is a normal reflex but I can't remember the name of it.

I have to say I'm a bit sad to see the newborn reflexes going...his hands are uncurled more now and he doesn't startle as easily anymore (Morrow reflex?). I love new development but wish it would slow down!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:54 AM

Oh, I just don't like this comparing and bragging.

From what I've seen, my baby develops his new skills mostly suddenly overnight, after a growth spurt.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

Old 01-13-2010, 03:24 PM

Glenn will be 2 months exactly tomorrow he LOVES to look around now and stare and coo at his big brother and his kitties he seems in aww of the cats if he hears our voices he will turn and coo back at you! He just figured this out he squealed and scared himself it was so cute but sad because he stuck out his bottom lip about to cry! I love seeing them grow and mature it is just amazing! But it goes way way way way to fast I am just trying to take it all in as much as I can. just rocking with him in the recliner and looking at him and talking to him and just trying to hold on to his newborn baby days wishing they could last forever

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

Old 01-14-2010, 02:30 AM

Umm Brenan (7 weeks) screams/nurses/sleeps (and spits up during each of these states) in no particular order all day every day and that really is about it. He has three modes: miserable, somber and sleeping. I guess I would be too if I had sour curdled milk bubbling out of me endlessly. Zantac didn't help, probiotics aren't helping. He rarely smiles, I almost cried at the first one - like in an 'OMG-you-DO-love-me!' kind of way, but then I realized most of his smiles seem to be directed at the kitchen cupboards for some reason. Very occasionally he'll coo but it seems to startle him when the sound comes out and then he falls silent again. He can track visually and aurally and is making gains in the ability to support his heavy head, so there's that. Mostly I just wear him all day because that is the only thing that keeps the screaming at bay, but then he just sleeps.

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM

Seth is 12 weeks old now. Cooing and smiling in abundance. He has the biggest smiles!! And I think his hair is turning red, I just love little red headed little boys. Probably because most of my family is red headed and I would like to have some of my gene pool noticeable, as both dd's and ds look like their dad.
My back has become more and more sore since he was born. And it is finally at the point where carrying him around makes me cry out in pain. I was wearing him almost 12 hrs a day though. I thought that it would be hard to transition him out of the wrap into his crib to nap during the day. But it was only hard on me. He is sleeping 3 hrs in the morning in his crib now, and even slept for a couple hrs in the afternoon yesterday. It's definetly helping my back not carrying him all day long. We still co-sleep at night so I get plenty of snuggles. And since putting him down for his naps in the afternoon, dd2 hasn't been so miserable as she is now getting more "mommy-all-to-herself" time.
So all and all it's been a positive change for the kids, just hard on my heart as I LOVE wearing my babies.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 01-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Piper will be 2 months old on the 20th. The day she turned 6 weeks she started rolling over onto her side. I couldn't believe me eyes, lol! She's been scooting all over the bassinet for a few weeks now. She smiles a lot and coos quite a bit -- has been for two or three weeks. She smiled from day one but now she's starting to do it when we tickle her, etc. I think that's so fun!! Her head control is getting REALLY good, I can't believe it! She's tracking things with her eyes really well and will turn her head and follow our voices.

She's also already wearing 6 month clothing. How is that possible?!

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

Old 01-14-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyheaded_Mama View Post
Umm Brenan (7 weeks) screams/nurses/sleeps (and spits up during each of these states) in no particular order all day every day and that really is about it. He has three modes: miserable, somber and sleeping. I guess I would be too if I had sour curdled milk bubbling out of me endlessly. Zantac didn't help, probiotics aren't helping. He rarely smiles, I almost cried at the first one - like in an 'OMG-you-DO-love-me!' kind of way, but then I realized most of his smiles seem to be directed at the kitchen cupboards for some reason. Very occasionally he'll coo but it seems to startle him when the sound comes out and then he falls silent again. He can track visually and aurally and is making gains in the ability to support his heavy head, so there's that. Mostly I just wear him all day because that is the only thing that keeps the screaming at bay, but then he just sleeps.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!! I laughed and laughed out loud, especially the part about loving the kitchen cupboards Thank goodness you have a good sense of humor about your particular baby! That was the term I used to describe my dd #1: particular. I definitely wondered if something was horribly wrong with her, because she was either miserable, somber, serious, unhappy, grimacing, or unpleasantly cranky. She never ever ever smiled, rarely laughed, and hated everyone except me and only barely tolerated her father. She didn't even let my mother do a thing with her until she was four months old. So I am feeling you on the difficult and particular baby. Thank goodness for slings!

Today she is almost seven years old and retains a good bit of her particular-ness, but very little of the unhappiness! So, Sleepyheadedmama, keep on with the funny. I appreciate it, esp. now that I am on my fourth child who is mercifully a really, really good baby But how well I remember the days of the unhappy particular baby. Don't miss those days at all

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:10 AM

Sammy will be 10 weeks on Sat. Just in the last week or so we're seeing his first "real" smiles. I love when he falls asleep smiling when he is nursing. He's a quiet baby- doesn't really cry unless he is hungry or wet or wants to be held. He won't take a pacifier to save his life but gnaws the heck out of his hand. It's cute when he actually gets his fingers or thumb in his mouth and starts sucking away. He's starting to get pretty good holding up his head and he loves to look around. He still does his newborn stretching where he sticks his butt out and it just warms my heart.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
Old 01-16-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditafoster View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!! I laughed and laughed out loud, especially the part about loving the kitchen cupboards Thank goodness you have a good sense of humor about your particular baby!
Awww thank you, Perdita! I always feel like the Thread Killer around here...you just made my night!

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
Old 01-24-2010, 12:38 AM

Kieran is... 10 weeks? 11? I have to get a calender! He has been smiling for a while now, he does a pretty good job holding his head up, he rolled over today but I think it was a fluke, and he is trying to scoot. We give him tummy time and he tries to army crawl. craziness.

He cracks me up- he sneezes alot and when he does, he goes "ah...ah..AH..CHOO!" hahaha!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

my little guy is rolling over from tummy to back now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbd8cj5hRE

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
Old 01-24-2010, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by First-Time-Mommy View Post
my little guy is rolling over from tummy to back now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbd8cj5hRE
Wow he is sooo cute! He looks like a strong little guy! My little guy is 2 days younger and is just happy has can be on his back, which is just fine with me because we're co-sleeping and I'm not ready to fortify the bedroom. I found a used baby rail online but I think it got taken and don't have the money to buy one new. A matress on the floor isn't an option because we have gigantic (2 1/2 - 3 inch) tree roaches that comeout at night...ick!!

DS started really giggling at DD recently. It is really nice to have the big age gap because she has been a HUGE help! If he's fussing she can momentarily 'entertain' or distract him for a few minutes until I'm situated.

I'm absolutely in love with DS.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

User Tag List