......oh jeez.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-18-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Soooo we dtd ONCE. And now we think we're expecting again! Ah! baby #4 is almost 3 months...and we've had it happen to us before, but jeez, really??? Will update when we have a definite answer. ah!
#2 of 10 Old 01-18-2010, 05:53 PM

Hugs, what a crazy surprise that would be! Let us know when you know.

Melissa, wife to Brian, mommy to my home born, breastfeeding, sling-riding, sleep sharing, cloth diapered, intact kiddos Adam 11/09 and Leah 8/12.

#3 of 10 Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM

Ooops! Oh well! We'll be excited for you if you are, so be sure to let us know!

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#4 of 10 Old 01-18-2010, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
wow that's exciting!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#5 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 AM

Wow! Congrats if you are!

Please tell me your secrets of having three kids so close together - I'm struggling A LOT. Do you have help? Do your kids go to daycare and/or preschool? I'm trying to figure out why I'm struggling SO much.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#6 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 AM

lol. I haven't taken a pt...but I want to! I would love to be preggo again! Well not so much the preggo part as the baby part...

good luck! Keep us updated fertile Mertle!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#7 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM

Oh wow, best of luck...I hope it turns out the way you are hoping it will, either way! We'll be waiting to see what happens!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#8 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisheva View Post

Wow! Congrats if you are!

Please tell me your secrets of having three kids so close together - I'm struggling A LOT. Do you have help? Do your kids go to daycare and/or preschool? I'm trying to figure out why I'm struggling SO much.

As of this morning, it's official. NOT expecting again! Not that another baby wouldn't be loved...but we're stretched right now!!!

My 5 year old goes to kindergarten from 8:30-2:30 every day. I don't have any of the little ones in school/daycare/preschool. We don't leave the house often, especially not shopping. We stay indoors and dance, play, dress up, draw, and *gasp* watch a little tv. I find the more I try to do out of the house, the more stressful things get. On my dh's days off, we do all the errands we need to do for the whole week and the rest of the week is playtime. Chores aren't always done, mostly never done until kids are asleep. The only thing that I struggle with is being "done" by the end of the day...sometimes before my dh gets home from work. Sometimes, I need an hour to myself and have to wait 3 hours or so for it. Everyone suggests I get a mother's helper...but I have 4 kids...can't afford it. Hell, dh and I haven't been on a date in 2 years!!!!!
You might be struggling because you have a new baby. I don't know ANYONE that has older kids and then a new baby and its just fine and dandy. It takes more work than slipping the baby into the routine, ya know? When we had a 18 month old and 9 month old was when it STARTED to get earier...hence the 9 months-later-baby #4...
Good luck mama! things get easier....it just takes time!
#9 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 12:26 PM

I had a scare like that last week. It freaked me out as I really don't know if I could handle it. Well I know I could handle it if it happened. But I'm like elisheva, I can barely handle three kids most days. Adding a fourth would be very challenging to say the least. So I to whoever has more then three kids too.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#10 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 01:10 PM

Thanks, EmilyVorpe, and sorry about your news. Your weeks sound pretty much like mine only my boys would go CRAZY if I didn't drag them to the park on a regular basis. On nights when bedtime doesn't go well (ds2 has been majorly teething) and ds1 is up till 11 if he gets the slightest hint of a nap...I find myself staying up cleaning...anything for a few minutes on my own (well, with only the babe though I can generally put her in the swing for a while - I get to the end of my baby-wearing rope, KWIM?).

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page