The 2 month vaccine decision - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacm View Post
One thing we are thinking about is getting DTaP boosters for me and DH, per ped's recommendation, to lessen the chances of baby getting pertussis. (Ped was not concerned about polio or hepB, but was about pertussis, Hib, and pneumococcal). However, I need to look into that before deciding... *Did anyone else do something like this??
DH got his Tdap booster before DS was born (they have them at the Walgreen's clinics) and I got mine when he was about 3 weeks old. My parents got boosters as well. I know the childhood vaccination immunity wears off--I got whooping cough in college.

I'm selectively/delayed vaxing and have a similar thought process about newborns as your ped, sounds like. DS got DTaP and HIB at his 2 month visit and will get the Prevnar at a shot only 3 month visit. I would have given him the DTaP/HIB/Polio combo Pentacel to reduce the number of sticks, but the Ped's office was out and he got the two separate sticks and I skipped the polio because it's low on my priority list. He also got the Rotateq at the 2 month visit but I was really on the fence about it and had decided to do it (since you can only get the 3 dose series if you start at 8 weeks) but to discontinue if he had any ill effects but he did not.

It's really really hard to decide. I have found the Sears Vaccine book helpful, but I just hate the whole "rolling the dice with my baby's health" feeling that making these decisions gives me.

Melissa, wife to Brian, mommy to my home born, breastfeeding, sling-riding, sleep sharing, cloth diapered, intact kiddos Adam 11/09 and Leah 8/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page