I'm so over co-sleeping! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-26-2010, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, it's convenient for breastfeeding... but I'm pretty sure my baby is using me as a pacifier all night long!!! I can tell by the suck. Not to mention his crazy arms that somehow manage to get out of the swaddle and hit me all night long. They are 12 weeks old today and its time to take my bed back!

We'll see how this goes! wish me luck!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#2 of 11 Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM

Good luck mama! Glenn did that too until I found a Binky he likes I have like 100 here because I was his pacifier for a month and wow was I sore!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#3 of 11 Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you tried slipping the paci in after you notice he's no longer swallowing? DS won't take the paci, but I usually slip in my pinky when I've had enough 'non-nutritive' sucking to break the seal, wait a minute to see if he's really in a solid sleep or just really sleepy and ok with it, then flip to go to sleep.

GL in whatever works best for your family!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#4 of 11 Old 01-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Good luck! We just moved dd from the bassinet to the crib (we don't co-sleep, personal preference). It went well, more stressful for us than for her, I'm sure! As far as swaddling, though, try the Miracle Blanket. I could never keep Hannah swaddled in a regular blanket, either, and the MB has really helped her sleep better (ie longer, lol) because she isn't startling or smacking herself with her hands anymore.
#5 of 11 Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 PM

We moved Ethan out at 4 weeks; he kicked and hit so vigorously and make so many moans, grunts, whines, etc. that we couldn't sleep. Also, DH couldn't relax with a baby in the bed, worried about hurting him (me too, to a lesser extent). SO, if you want some suggestions about moving into the crib or into another room, we tried a bunch of stuff and figured out the "perfect storm" for Ethan; I'd be willing to share!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#6 of 11 Old 01-27-2010, 01:21 PM

Our little guy just hit 3 months. Yeah! He is still sleeping with us, but I also don't enjoy the nights when I am turned into an living pacifier. But as long as he does it only on and off, I feel during those nights (1-2 a week), he might just need the extra comfort and I am willing to give a little bit more at those times.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#7 of 11 Old 01-28-2010, 12:13 AM
pjs

My lo will be 3 months tomorrow- I think he is going through a growth spurt hence becoming a pacifier- he'll nurse for a couple minutes only and then just stay latched.
#8 of 11 Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 AM

We've never co-slept. I just can't "take" it. I like my own space and freedom when I finally have the chance to sleep.

I co-slept the first week with this dd and wore ear plugs as she slept next to me.

That's not to say I don't enjoy a good nap with the babe occasionally. We just have always had great success with separate rooms.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#9 of 11 Old 02-01-2010, 10:44 AM

I second the slipping in the pacifer once sound asleep. My first baby was like that.
#10 of 11 Old 02-03-2010, 04:30 PM

My first two girls co slept just fine. My ds and this baby girl...not so much. They are both too wiggly. So I put her in a swing right next to the bed. She swings gently for a few hours, wakes up, fusses, and I pull her into bed to nurse. After she's done, I burp her and stick her back in the swing, swaddled nice and tight, to swing for a few more hours! This was exactly what I did with ds, too. Babies can be so particular, can't they?

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#11 of 11 Old 02-04-2010, 06:43 PM
rrs

I couldn't not cosleep. I go to sleep at midnight and get up at 5... I'm not getting my butt out of bed for those five hours of (interrupted) sleep for ANYTHING.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page