teething?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-26-2010, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think dd is cutting her bottom middle teeth. She will be 11 weeks tomorrow! I can see them just under the gums and she has been very fussy and drooly lately and chews on anything she can get hold of. I've had to resort to wearing her in the Moby (which she previously hated with a serious passion!) to get her to sleep for naps lately. She just seems so young!! Her older sister didn't get teeth until she was 5 or 6 months old. I'm not ready for this yet!
#2 of 6 Old 01-26-2010, 11:55 PM

my son teethed super early (the bottom two broke through at 4 months). I noticed my girl is starting to drool a lot, but I'm not sure if it's pre-teething or just drool. good times.

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
#3 of 6 Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 AM

I was wondering the same thing about my DD! I never had any of mine teethe this early, but she has her whole fist stuffed in her mouth chewing all the time and drool everywhere. I can't feel anything and it's hard to get a good look.
I really never heard of it this early, but I guess it can happen, I am not ready for teeth!

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#4 of 6 Old 01-27-2010, 12:21 PM

My friend's baby is 16 weeks and has been teething for the last few weeks...I guess some babies start really early! Sorry about that, especially if it's leading to lots of fussiness.

Thanks for saying something; seems my little guy has been fussy the last couple days; not sure if it's a growth spurt, not feeling well, or...maybe a tooth?

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#5 of 6 Old 01-27-2010, 02:32 PM

My DD is not even 8 wks yet and is already showing teething signs: wanting paci more, sometimes refusing to nurse, chewing on stuff, drooling, soothed by cold things, super fussy and clingy all the time. Totally possible.

Amy: novel-writing, vegetarian, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing mama to angel-baby Genesis Aria (5/20/2008) and DD Megan Eirwen (12/5/2009), and wife to best DH ever, Brien (m. 5/18/2001).
#6 of 6 Old 01-30-2010, 07:35 PM

Same here. Much fussier , gumming everything (the paci, the Moby when I'm carrying her, her fingers/fist), drooling everywhere, and I can see her bottom two teeth just under the gums. My mom is actually the one who told me she was teething. Its been 3 weeks of this and she's 10 weeks now.

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page