Belly photos? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2009, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I know most of us aren't even 2 months pregnant, but I am itching for some belly photos!

I have none to contribute, since our the battery charger for our camera is in storage .

But, just to be a good sport, I'll throw one in from my last pregnancy.

C'mon, ladies! Share those bellies!

Here I am 7 1/2 months preggo with DS2.

Busy mama to my three little lads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 12:59 AM

I've been waiting for this thread! I thought about starting it myself but...well I suck.

Shirt down-4 weeks
Shirt up-4 weeks

Note to myself (and others):don't rest your hands heavily on your back if you want to avoid looking like you have a back roll. I'm super bloated in those pics and DH wasn't being the best photographer. I'll take a new one tomorrow as I'll be 5 weeks (I do weekly ones). Somewhat upset I'm pregnant...I was finally to my ideal weight (not really upset...that's just my luck ). Oh this is number 3 for me.

OP I love your belly! I'm hoping to do that this time around...I've got plans.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Yay! Looking good, OMnM!

And thanks! My doula did my belly last time. I will definitely do it again this time. Super fun.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:09 AM

I'm hoping to find someone to do mine. Back with DD2 I found some absolutely stunning and super detailed ones that made me drool. I want to get something cool! I already have plans for some neat belly pics once we find out gender. I want some neat pics of henna too.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

OT: Is that a spinning wheel in the background?! You lucky gal...

Old 04-23-2009, 02:42 AM

super cute vegmama! im all about the belly pics once i start showing...

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 AM

Hmm, I think I'm gonna wait until I'm sure the belly showing is due to baby growing, and not just last nights tacos. I didn't start really showing very early with either boy, and now I have a good bit of camoflauge, so we'll see when I start popping out this time.

Amanda, mama to Owen (11/05) and Connor (10/07) and Aria (12/09) Recycled Wool Longies and Reusable Baggies
Old 04-23-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegMomma View Post
OT: Is that a spinning wheel in the background?! You lucky gal...
Yes it is. I : that sucker. My mom got it a couple years back at a thrift store here in town and when my stepdad got cancer and it really started to get to him she started spinning as a way of coping. After he died she put it away so that it wasn't in her face. Around the time she got it I had taken up spinning on a drop spindle and so we talked alot about it. I always oked with her that she could just give it to me. When we moved back to the area she called me up one day and asked if I wanted it and everything else (huge bags and boxes of fiber, hand carders, & 2 ashford spindles). I practically ran to her house to get it all. It needed some parts but everything was available in the maintenece kit so I took it in to the wheel people here and they got it all working for me. It's a dream. I seriously got lucky! It's a 1975 Traditional (single drive).

Ok off to take this weeks picture. I totally forgot about it and have been downing Arnold Palmer's all morning. I better pee first.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 PM

Shirt up- 5 weeks
Shirt down- 5 weeks

Come on ladies! I can't be the only one who takes (and shows them ) them from the very beginning.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 04-23-2009, 07:35 PM

Just had to say I'm totally drooling over your spinning wheel. It's beautiful. I briefly started learning how to use a drop spindle when I was 11 but due to lack of support and other interests I forgot about it shortly. But I still love the idea of learning to spin... some day...
I did take a pic with my cellphone but it's pretty unclear. I'll try again soon and see if I can get a better one and join you with the early exhibitionism

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM

I am going to have to wait until this baby starts poking out and not just belly fat, lol.

~h tea6.gif
wife to shamrocksmile.gifShamrocks (8-8-99)
slightly crunchy homeschooling AP mama to biggrinbounce.gifLittleBoyBlue(2001) & goldfish.gifPeaGreen(2003)
angel.gifmissing our babe (6/2009)
fly-by-nursing2.giffamilybed2.gif novaxnocirc.gif  mdcblog5.gif
Old 04-24-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post
Just had to say I'm totally drooling over your spinning wheel. It's beautiful. I briefly started learning how to use a drop spindle when I was 11 but due to lack of support and other interests I forgot about it shortly. But I still love the idea of learning to spin... some day...
I did take a pic with my cellphone but it's pretty unclear. I'll try again soon and see if I can get a better one and join you with the early exhibitionism

Try again! I love spinning. Knitting is extrememly meditative for me but spinning more so. I haven't used my drop spindle in awhile (well the one I prefer...I have the 3 total now) and have been wanting to pull it out lately. I seriously got lucky with the wheel. I'd been looking into them since 06' and had a couple potentials (check your local craigslist!) but nothing worthwhile. I've only had my wheel since this last summer. It's not always out and about like that though. :lool It just happened I was trying to be tricky sneaky with some yarn a day or two before. Normally it's in my craft room. I have a friend who has 2 kids and they adore messing with that sucker. I tend to keep it in there so that I don't drive myself crazy reminding them of the off limits rule to it.

You all have me wanting to spin now. My mom got me 2 extra bobbins (she only had one when she gave it to me) for my birthday. They are soooo much lighter than my wheel which bugs me but oh well. I'm wanting to stain it a super dark/deep red. Promise not to laugh? I named it Merlin for some reason.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 AM

Shirt down- 6 weeks Umm...never mind the nipping. I had just unlatched DD2 and gotten out of bed and didn't realize I was standing at attention until I saw the pic on my screen as opposed to on my camera.
Shirt up- 6 weeks

Not much change. I'm really wanting to have something to show already. I really expected to pop already what with this being number 3 and all.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 05-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Banned

I dont think I want to post anything in this thread lol... i have BAD stretch marks... I tried every cream, butter and goo available when i was pregnant... didn't stop anything lol. Maybe I will look for a pic from my last pregnancy.... posting it might be different story.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:44 AM

Ahh go ahead and do it! I've heard that high amounts of dietary vitamin c help. Not sure how true it is but we tend towards that and so far I've gotten lucky. I have a couple around my belly ring.

I have a friend who got some major ones. She had planned (but never was able to) to get henna done OVER them and to do something viney/flowery to make herself feel better. I always thought that was neat.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvable_Mommy View Post
I dont think I want to post anything in this thread lol... i have BAD stretch marks... I tried every cream, butter and goo available when i was pregnant... didn't stop anything lol. Maybe I will look for a pic from my last pregnancy.... posting it might be different story.
Ugh, I hear you. Mine aren't nearly as bad as some I've seen, but at the end of my last pregnancy I got PUPPPS (an evil, evil itchy belly rash) that kind of destroyed the skin on my stomach. I'm going to stick to shirt-down pics this time around! I don't have anything to show for this pregnancy yet, but here are some pics from #2.
11w3d
24w4d
Almost 40 wks, in early labor

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM

7 weeks- shirt down
POP!

I take these every morning before I eat. The first one was at the end of the day and I looked huge so I decided this was the best bet. It totally looks like I've eaten though.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 05-14-2009, 04:49 PM

Ummm I can't be the only one taking pictures from the very start and willing to share them am I?

8 weeks- shirt down
8 weeks- shirt up

It shrank. I took a pic on 7 weeks 4 days and holy cow! I'm glad it shrank. I want to get a belly but I don't want a huge one quite yet.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 05-14-2009, 10:05 PM

Man..as much as I would love to take pics and post them...all it is now is belly fat...lol. But give me a couple more weeks..and I'll definitely post some pictures up. Can't wait!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
7 weeks (sucking it in)

Mama to my beautiful boys (July 07, Jan 10, May 12)   
Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
Come on ladies! I can't be the only one who takes (and shows them ) them from the very beginning.
Well, I'm taking pictures, but I'm overweight. When my belly is noticeably pregnant, I'll post some.

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

Old 05-15-2009, 05:52 PM

i would post what pictures i have taken...however...i have no idea how too. If you do and can explain it step by step i would gladly appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:58 PM

Go to photobucket.com or flickr.com or some other photo hosting site and join and upload your pictures. Then you nab the link for them and when you post here click the hyperlink icon (the one next to the letter color choices) and insert it there.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 PM

OR if you have a blog, you can hyperlink to those pictures.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 AM

Ok. Seriously ladies. I'm getting lonely here.

9 weeks- shirt down
9 weeks- shirt up

I think I look the same as last week. Although looking at the shots next to each other I suppose I'm softer around my belly button instead of so pointy looking. Things seem to be evening out in terms of growth...I don't play "watch the magic belly" all day long anymore.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 PM

I promise to break out my camera this weekend!

Proud Mummy to Zoe, my nutty preschooler : (11/05) and Daniel, my homebirthed baby (12/09)
Old 05-24-2009, 09:25 PM

Okay, I had a friend take the picture today, so I am 11weeks and.. uh... umm... baby brain anyone?

11wks and 3days

Proud Mummy to Zoe, my nutty preschooler : (11/05) and Daniel, my homebirthed baby (12/09)
Old 05-25-2009, 12:59 AM

Ahhh! You're so stinkin' cute! Yay.....now the rest of you need to start posting.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 PM

We needed to revive this poor thread. Here's a link to my facebook again. I just took this pic last night (14.5 weeks). Finally have something to show!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=516671018

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:13 PM

Cute bellies! I really should start taking pictures as I've been showing for awhile. I just can't seem to get a good angle by myself and DH hasn't had the time.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)

User Tag List