what's this pain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-14-2009, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure what this is all about, but I have bone pain in the nether region. It feels like I took a spin class ( I didn't). I'm saddle sore!

Haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I ran this morning but it was a slow pace and short distance and I run 3-4 times a week.

What is it? Any ideas?

Snarky Army wife, mom to 2 girls : 6, : 9, twin boys, 4 : and born 12/10.
#2 of 9 Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milimama View Post
Not sure what this is all about, but I have bone pain in the nether region. It feels like I took a spin class ( I didn't). I'm saddle sore!

Haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I ran this morning but it was a slow pace and short distance and I run 3-4 times a week.

What is it? Any ideas?
Is it your pubic bone? Mine goes out all the time and my chiro adjusts it to get it back in place.

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#3 of 9 Old 09-14-2009, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pelvic pain : I've had it for about the last month in different areas. Chiropractor and massage therapy are the only things I've found that help relieve it. I also avoid stairs, make sure I'm not sitting for any length of time, and try to move my legs together when I'm rolling over / sitting / in and out of car, etc.

http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/m...e.php?id=10194
#4 of 9 Old 09-15-2009, 04:50 PM

Are you sure it's not also ligament pain? I also go to a chiropractor to realign my joints. The thing is the closer you get to your date the more your joints and ligaments turn to "butter". It is getting itself ready for what is to come so there is the pain from the ligament stretching and there is the pain from your bones getting misaligned. To me as long as it's not "menstrual" type cramping I'm not too worried. It won't take much I'm afraid for you to "mess up" your system b/c of this "butter" effect. It won't change much until after you stop breast feeding.
#5 of 9 Old 09-16-2009, 11:45 AM

I had similar pain with my first lo (felt like I'd been punched in the vagina..lol). I seem to remember that pain toward the very end of the pregnancy. I've got it again...and 90 something days to go ~ Yikes! I might mention it to my chiro, but can anyone tell me how they adjust that. I hate the awkwardness of a chiro anyway.
#6 of 9 Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 PM

Pelvic tilts on hands and knees, sets of 40, 3-4 times a day helps my SPD tons. Also tailor sitting, Bound Angle Pose, and mountain pose help click my alignment back in every morning. And sleeping in a side-lying "running" position. This is the fourth pregnancy I've been fighting it, and seems I'm winning so far, at 26 weeks. Very minimal pain as long as I am careful not to cross my legs or twist, hips have to be square with my top. At least it goes away a week or so after the birth, and has never bothered me during labor. Hope you feel better, be gentle to yourself!

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

#7 of 9 Old 09-16-2009, 07:11 PM

My pelvic girdle pain hasn't kicked in yet I'm just waiting for it to start to suck... but yes, that's probably what it is. Some pregnancies my sacroiliac joints go first, others it's the front. Both hurt.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#8 of 9 Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 PM

Pelvic girdle pain/ symphysis pubis dysfunction? Unfortunately for me I have had severe pain since 11 weeks (26 weeks now) and have had no relief from anything (chiro, massage, physical therapy). I have been on medical leave from work because they are unable to accommodate my weight/standing walking restrictions.

Ampartners.gifDF*DD7shy.gif*DD3shy.gif*Baby#3stork-suprise.gif EDD August 26, 2013

angel1.gif Feb. 28, 2004  angel1.gif Nov. 5, 2006

vbac.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gifgoorganic.jpgfly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifcd.gif

signcirc1.gif

#9 of 9 Old 09-20-2009, 12:46 AM

I don't know, but I've been feeling the same way. It sucks, definitely.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page