Weekly Ramble/Chat for October 5 - October 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Questions are optional! Just say what's on your mind if you want.

Name:
Weeks/Days along:
Appointments:
Symptoms:
Food:
Exercise:
Body changes and other milestones:
Thoughts:

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#2 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 09:46 AM

Name: Beth

Weeks/Days along: 28 Weeks

Appointments: This morning

Symptoms: Mostly just feeling out of breath when the babe scoots up right under my ribs. I'm starting to feel tired faster, too. Overall, I still feel good.

Food: Ugh. I'm eating EVERYTHING! I have promised myself that this week I'm going to be better. I've had a hard time with the kids going to school because then I'm not motivated to actually make lunch and I end up grazing on crap in the late afternoon then eating waaaay too much at dinner... and then eating again before bed! That changes this week. I am NOT looking forward to seeing how much I gained at my appt. this morning.

Exercise: Trying. It seems like lately if I put in a good workout then I am too tired to do much else for the rest of the day and I crash at night before all my chores are done. I'm going to start an actual exercise program, I think. I've done The Firm and P90X in the past, so I might modify something like that. I might as well start working on it now so I'm not way behind when I get back to it pp.

Body changes and other milestones: My belly actually shows now and I feel like I look pregnant, even to strangers. I don't know... people still say they can't tell. People who don't know me keep telling me I don't look pregnant, though it depends some on what I wear. It is starting to make me a little crazy.

Thoughts: I resolve to make final plans about my birth this month. My mw wants me to choose a care provider for the actual birth, since she isn't attending births anymore. This has put me in a tough situation since my insurance has limited options and I can't pay a hb mw out-of-pocket right now. I was going to use the CNM that attended my DD's birth but I found out she moved away. Now there are no practices that guarantee a MW at your birth within an hour of my house. I don't mind driving but 1) the weather might be nasty in December and we live in the sticks and are the last ones to get plowed out and 2) I prefer to go to the hospital at the last possible minute and 20 minutes in the car last time was hell... I can't imagine doing over an hour!

I am very seriously toying with the idea of UC'ing. If it wasn't for my bleeding disorder I would do it without a second thought. I'm just worried about the possibility of a hemorrhage. I'll have herbs and such on hand (I did last time too, just in case DD was born at home) but my hemophilia is bad enough that I'm worried herbs might not do it if I really start bleeding. I still have time to decide but I need to make a plan...

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

#3 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Weeks/Days along: 32w1d
Food: craving junk food (brownies, chocolate, fast food )
Exercise: I have been hiking and swimming a lot since bike riding is now uncomfortable (thanks to my cyst, not my belly)
Thoughts: I had my DH call my OB (since he is a native german speaker) and explain to her my family history of large babies/heights + the fact she had my DD wrong and that I didn't want to proceed with the GD test. Since she was on the fence about me really needing it she understood and hopefully this means she has dropped it. .

I am starting to think a lot about the holidays and what we are going to do as a family of 3 (the latest I think I will go before induction would be 42.5 weeks, e.g. Dec 15) so we are def having a baby before the holidays .. I really was hoping to have my family here this year but my dad is having health problems so it looks like it might just be the 3 of us.. I really really don't want to spend it with my FIL again, every year we do that I have ended up in tears but not sure how to tell my DH thanks but no thanks..

#4 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I am very seriously toying with the idea of UC'ing. If it wasn't for my bleeding disorder I would do it without a second thought. I'm just worried about the possibility of a hemorrhage.
I don't have any sort of bleeding disorder but I am on track for a huge baby and I have been considering a UC 'by accident' just trying to labor long enough at home that well.. oops :P When I tell people I want an UC there is so much fear that I have learned to just keep quiet and see what happens. . .

#5 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 12:27 PM

Name:milimama
Weeks/Days along: 29-30
Appointments: not until 10/22
Symptoms: I'm actually feeling pretty good!
I have only a few minor complaints. I tend to fall asleep early (8ish) and can't sleep more than 8 hours. I can't fall back asleep if I have to get up to use the bathroom after 4 am either.
Also, I pee 1,000x a night.

Food: still eating clean. HUGE difference from those weeks I ate freely.
I am a turkey and blue cheese meatloaf/McIntosh apple/ ginger molasses cookies (made with Florida crystals) addict.

Exercise:
Hubby gone so only getting in 3 runs a week. Strength training 3x a week and turbo jam/ firm or kickbox for cardio the days I don't run.

I don't have much of a wardrobe. With this being my last baby I'm not into spending much on maternity clothes so I wear the same things all the time until they wear out. I only own 1 pair of pants (today is the first day it's been below 75 so that isn't so bad). Basically I look crappy. Hubby comes home in a few days and I'll have to get something to wear.

Thoughts: My bs detector works at 100% right now and people are driving me nuts. I am really irritated with the sudden interest in my 'alternative parenting practices' by some of my acquaintances. Apparently my kids are going to grow up to be freaks because they are homeschooled, don't eat McDonald's, don't watch tv and were breastfed and not not left to cry in a crib. I don't care but I'm in a situation (and an area of the country) where I am virtually alone in my parenting style and am unable to avoid those who find me 'odd'. After all, what kind of person earns a master's in early childhood and then raises her kids based on child development research?
I hate this area of the country. Not my thing at all. I'm so looking forward to moving. Unfortunately it will be to another part of the south, but I'm hoping it's a better part!

Ok, I feel better.

Snarky Army wife, mom to 2 girls : 6, : 9, twin boys, 4 : and born 12/10.
#6 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Name: Leah

Weeks/Days along: 31 + 2

Appointments: in 2 weeks

Symptoms: Holy HEARTBURN. I serioulsy had it so severely the other night I woke up coughing and threw up. Oooh that was miserable! My pelvis is separating more and hurts like the devil . Can't sleep more than 4 hours without being wide awake or so uncomfortable I have to move or sit up.

Food: Yes please... I'm actually able to cook again and am enjoying it. Pulled out the Crock Pot - my saving grace this time of year. Tonight - vegetable lasagna ala Crock Pot!

Exercise: lack there of... kegels and housework count? I feel so GUILTY about this, but between being tired and my hips/pelvis hurting it's not so easy to talk myself into working out.

Body changes and other milestones: I can see her moving in there now! That has me completely captivated and constantly giggling when she moves funny or gives me a good kick. DH got to feel a good kick the other day for the first time and his face lit up so big Nothing else changing really... just feeling bigger and bigger.

Thoughts: There's REALLY a little person in there! I can tell where hands are vs feet now and the difference between kicks and punches. She's twisted around on me a few times too

My shower is this Saturday... ugh! I'm excited about it and dreading it at the same time. I volunteered our house for the location, so I didn't have to transport anything (including me!) and so I can relax after everything is over if I get tired (which is a given!)... but can I handle that many women in one place all offering advice, comments, concerns, etc. and with me being the center of attention - or my belly rather? If one more person says something about my size, or criticizes how we're doing things I swear steam is going to shoot out my ears and my head will spin around I'm going to try and avoid the HB conversation all together as I've already gotten a few not so positive responses from family members. I am pretty excited though because I have a few friends I know are going to attend that I haven't seen in awhile.

I've found myself rocking a lot lately. DH just commented on Sunday and asked why I was rocking when I was sitting at the kitchen counter. Soothing the baby already I guess...
#7 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Name - Alex
Weeks along - 30 or 31?
Appointments - next week
Symptoms - Pelvic pain . . . I'm thinking this must be SPD? My pubic bone hurts and sometimes when I'm going up the stairs I can feel bones grinding together or something . . . pleasant. Insomnia, heartburn, back pain 24/7. I peed a little when I sneezed earlier (THAT'S never happened before!). My nose is stuffed all the time. I'm so tired. Irritable. Baby spends half his time jammed up in my ribs. I'm ready to be DONE!!!
Food - I'm hungry but nothing ever sounds good.
Exercise - HA!
Body changes and other milestones - Baby's been consistently vertex for about a week now, which is reassuring, although I know it's still early to be worrying about position. It's nice to not get kicked in the cervix and bladder fifty times a day, too!
Thoughts - I am going to be full-term in 7-8 weeks! If I go by Due Date A, it's possible Ben could be born at the end of next month. I'm getting so excited about having a baby in the house again! But at the same time I'm starting to freak out because I haven't done a darn thing to get ready for him. I gave away a ton of baby stuff shortly before getting pregnant, since I didn't think we were going to be having any more babies for a few years. And now we're broker than broke and can't afford to replace what we got rid of. I don't have anything that this baby is going to be able to wear for the first month or so; all our newborn clothes are summer-early fall stuff. I think family is just assuming that we don't need anything, since this is our third boy, but I wish they would ask.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#8 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
since this is our third boy, but I wish they would ask.
maybe just ask them, I finally gave in and did. I was surprised how much everyone had in storage but assumed we didn't want anything 'used'

#9 of 49 Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM

Name: Mary

Weeks/Days along: 29w1d

Appointments: Had one last week... starting the every-other week apts now!

Symptoms: Yay for Heartburn! I just keep the Tums by my bedside.

Food: Pretty much whatever I have a craving for, and making sure I get enough veggies and protein.

Exercise: Not much -- need to get back into the routine but with the days being shorter, it's getting harder (that, and work is getting busier).

Body changes and other milestones: Just love watching this belly get bigger!

Thoughts: I can't wait to meet our little one... we started our registry this weekend, and it makes this more real to me. Now it feels like there's not enough time!

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
#10 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithappened View Post
maybe just ask them, I finally gave in and did. I was surprised how much everyone had in storage but assumed we didn't want anything 'used'
us too! I would ask. People are happy to pass things on. A friend gave us a bunch of really nice stuff, but wasn't sure if we wanted it since this is our 4th child. But we gave so much stuff away after our last little one was born and we have a big move, so we really don't have much baby stuff around.

And I love used stuff, too. It just seems so wasteful to pass it up.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#11 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 01:34 AM

Name: Mana

Weeks/Days along: 32.1

Appointments: had one Friday, next one is next thurs.

Symptoms: I feel a ton better than I did 2-3 weeks ago. I don't know if it's the chiro or what, but I am sleeping much better. I still get up to pee, but then go right back to sleep. My pains in my back and pelvis and pubic area are pretty much gone too, as is the heartburn that was totally killing me. I don't know what it is but I am not changing anything.

Food: Meat and healthy foods. Staying away from white flour and sugar as much as possible and not craving them that much, which is helpful.

Exercise: Walks, yoga, bike riding (though less of this).

Body changes and other milestones: I am still exercising and all but have to be slower and more careful because my pelvis, though no longer painful is not as secure as before. And my belly is big. It's hard to get out of bed or the couch.

Thoughts: I feel alot better than before. I've been having breast feeding anxiety dreams though. Also, a bit forlorn over the fact that no one has any idea over my limitations since no one I know here has kids. (Like, no, I can't meet you for a drink at 11pm on sat night, I will be horizontal, if not unconscious, by then).

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#12 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 04:57 AM

Name: Molly
Weeks/Days along: 31 on thursday
Appointments: chiro on wed to try to get baby into a solid head down position
Symptoms: tired...
Food: should be eating better then i am but mostly due to lazyness, the Peanut Butter cravings seem to have disappeared though.
Exercise: does carrying the two year old around count?
Body changes and other milestones: i'm kinda huge, well bigger then last time.
Thoughts: OMG this could be happening in just a month. I better get all the baby stuff out and figure out where it is going to live!

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#13 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 AM

Name:jennEfer

Weeks/Days along:33 weeks tomorrow OMG!

Appointmentsensday at the OB please baby have turned!

Symptoms:i hurt all down there and the Acid reflux is about to KILL me im sick of throwing up every night just to be able to sleep!

Food:ugh acid reflux is caused by EVERYTHING so not alot and very little stays down

Exercise:ahahahha i cant even carry the laundry up the stairs alone! its like im 19months preg and can barely move!

Body changes and other milestones:my boobs are leaking everyone keeps saying im small blah im NOT small!

Thoughts:4 weeks i will be "full term: OMG im NOT ready for the pain of labor again! but i am ready to NOT be preg and get MY body back for just me! that may sound bad but its mine and i want it back!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#14 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Has anyone found that as they get closer to labor they want more and more alone time and really don't want to be touched?

I found the last week or two its especially bad. Unless you are going to give me a massage, I don't want you near my body (including my Dh).. even snuggling feels out, I just feel like no matter how much space is around me, I need more. . . and suddenly my DH went from 'my favorite smell in the world' to 'weird' ..

am I just super weird (you can say yes) or is anyone else experiencing this?

#15 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 05:39 AM

i havent wanted to be touched in prob 5months my DH is dieing but id rather he just um did his own thing and let me be!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#16 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Has anyone found that as they get closer to labor they want more and more alone time and really don't want to be touched?

I've been craving alone time off and on lately. This morning I had the urge to hop in the car and drive myself to work with the radio on... which of course doesn't work so well since my DH and I work at the same place (1 hour commute) The urge to just be alone though was kind of odd because it was so intense. Thought I was weird until I read your post!

As for being touched... I'm good with that still as long as there's no 'expectation' let's say Massages and cuddling is GREAT... anything more is annoying as hell and uncomfy!
#17 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The urge to just be alone though was kind of odd because it was so intense.
I found at night especially I want the most space, I have my ritual of taking a long bath, surfing MDC in bed and then just laying there trying to enjoy the last few weeks of total silence with my dog.. when my DH comes in wanted to DTD I just get really annoyed and tense. . .

#18 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 09:04 PM

Name: carmel
Weeks/Days along: 31! 70 days to go!
Appointments: had midwife appt. today, everything looks good!
Symptoms: I'm feeling okay, but having WILD mood swings, but at least no crying so far this week
Food: I need to eat more. I have a week or so there where I just couldn't eat. I think I was stressing, and just freaky. So this evening I'm going to the grocery store by myself to get some things to have on hand to munch. My secret pregnant mama stash!
Exercise: I've been going over-board with the house work, carrying toddler, extreme gardening... so I'm trying to settle down a bit. Easing into do less, but walking more for the next few weeks.
Body changes and other milestones: I'm bigger, and my skin is so dry! I try not to use any soap on most of my skin now in the shower... but I need to find some kind of moisturizer. Random, eh?
Thoughts: I've been so worried about stupid things like bills and making it through the end of the year. Thank goodness the cost to heat our home won't be so crazy this year! I think I'm feeling like I need to have a project or something I have more control over, because I feel so out of control with everything else (like the me part of life-- not the mama part. I've been a pretty good mama lately... pretty calm and wise and all that). I guess the thought of being a SAHM for at least another year is... overwhelming? I mean I know this feeling will change after baby is born... but I just keep thinking there has got to be more to life then this...

I don't know... random thoughts.

I hope everyone is feeling well as we go into flu season and the 3rd trimester!

#19 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 PM

Name: Amy

Weeks/Days along: 28wks 4 days

Appointments: I have one on Thursday

Symptoms: Heartburn, headaches

Food:

Exercise:

Thoughts: I feel like I've been pregnant F O R E V E R!!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#20 of 49 Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 PM

32 weeks today; appointment this week.

Symptoms: My heartburn is on and off, my varicose veins are doing well; right now one of the most annoying things is this stupid restless leg stuff. It starts up in the evening once the kids are in bed and I get a chance to sit down and do nothing. Luckily, it stops once I go to bed; in the past, that was when it would happen, and it would keep me up. Now, I'm just dead to the world all night.

Food: Lots of fall comfort food, probably too much of the baked variety. I do, though, when I've made a "real" dinner, just want to eat the veggies and forget about the main course. Mmmmm. I'm craving sweets now, which I didn't at all up until recently.

Exercise: I mowed the lawn today. I'm glad it's done, but I think it was a little much for me. Other than that, housework and pushing kids on the swings and carrying my unhappy toddler away from the playground when we have to leave. And kegels.

Body changes and other milestones: The kids have been feeling the baby move lately, that's been neat.

Thoughts: I wish I could sit down and do something mental, like read, without falling asleep. If I do it in the morning or while I'm eating at the table, I'm OK. But if I sit down somewhere like the couch, I snooze. Same with crocheting, it just puts me to sleep, and I would like to be doing more now. Arg. A few times lately when I've been reading out loud to my 9 yo, he's stopped me to tell me he can't understand what I'm saying because I'm falling asleep, or to tell me it's OK, I can take a break from reading and rest. I'm feeling scatterbrained too. We were running late for an activity this morning, and so I rushed everyone out the door and was still feeling in rush mode after we had been driving a few minutes. I was going over things in my mind, and suddenly thought -- Oh no, did I leave the baby at home?! Um, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_LuBelle View Post
I've found myself rocking a lot lately. DH just commented on Sunday and asked why I was rocking when I was sitting at the kitchen counter. Soothing the baby already I guess...
Aw, this is cute!

Quote:
Yes, majorly. My poor toddler is my cuddliest kid by a long shot, and I find myself avoiding sitting down on the couch because I know he'll be all over me in no time. He's developed a habit of tugging on my ear when he's sleepy and it drives me insane. He also hums while he's doing it, more loudly than I guessed it possible to hum. Arg.

Dh has been busy with a few different things lately, and it is becoming common for me to have the evening to myself, and I really like it. To the point where on the evenings when he's home in time for us to hang out, I am glad that we can spend time together, but I also miss my time alone. I'm normally big on alone time (very much an introvert), and the beginning and end of pregnancy really magnifies that need.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#21 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Last time, around the third trimester I became very anti-social...
this made my two baby showers very "fun"
#22 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Totally normal! It's your body's way of focusing on the task at hand. It's like "emotional nesting".

Name: Trinity
Weeks/Days along: 30 weeks today!
Appointments: MW comes tomorrow morning
Symptoms: Not many as of right now. A few leg cramps at night, but it clears up if I take extra magnesium.
Food: Still no cravings/aversions. I'm actually moving into the stage of eating less. I've been munching a lot and no longer eating massive meals. Which is probably a good thing.
Exercise: More walking lately. That's about it, sadly.
Body changes and other milestones: Still huge. But it seems to be slowing down. And I'm not growing anywhere else. Well, a little in the chest. Big excitement of the week--I made it up to a C-cup!
Thoughts: Wow, 30 weeks already!!!! I'm just amazed at how fast it goes when you're chasing a toddler and not just waiting around. I can't wait to just hold him and finally complete our wonderful family! But I'm still really scared of the birth. I've been working on my Hypnobirthing stuff with good results. I actually have less physical discomfort when I adopt the mindset and do my breathing/relaxing exercises. I wrote about my worries to someone this morning, and the discomfort creeped back in immediately. So I have to remember--I CAN do this VBAC! I CAN birth safely and beautifully at home, with no problems. And I WILL do it.

Mama to a wild girl and a chill lil' man , wife to a mad scientist , and resident of a country that I love to hate and hate to love.
#23 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm actually moving into the stage of eating less.
I found I started eating less/being less starving 24/7 as well. Lately just a banana with some almond butter fills me up where before I'd need to eat 3 of them to do the same thing..

#24 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I found I started eating less/being less starving 24/7 as well. Lately just a banana with some almond butter fills me up where before I'd need to eat 3 of them to do the same thing..
I'm doing this, too! A few weeks ago I was so hungry, I had to eat when I woke up in the middle of the night, now I eat a medium ammount of food and feel overly full and can't breath...

Name:Mandy

Weeks: 29.5

Appointments: Yesterday, there was no change in my cervix-yea! I'm still on modified bedrest but it was great to know it's working!! Woohoo! Everything else is good. Talked to mw about the soonest I can have a homebirth and it's November 29 (possibly the week before, hopefully we don't have to worry about that). I have two simotaniuos reactions: Relief, bed rest will not last forever and OH DEAR LORD, THAT'S NEXT MONTH! It's nice to be balanced.

Body changes: Every day I look down adn think, "wow, he's grown."

Thoughts: I'm really looking forward to birth. To the point that I'm nervous that I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I'm working on getting my birth team ready, and my kids ready. I guess since I'm not able to get my house ready, I'll work on mental/emotional preparedness!

On a completely opposite note, I was really sick over the weekend and it made me think "If I can't deal with this, how will I deal with natrual birth?" and actually flirted with the idea of calling everything off. Tell me I'm not alone. I know that the aweful feeling of being sick cannot compare to giving birth and I've been preparing for birth and have tons of support through birth which also makes the comparison even farther from being truthful. Still, it sucked and it scared me.

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
#25 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 04:35 PM

Being sick has no end in sight you're ill till it stops, at the end you feel OK again. Also every single pressure wave brings you one step closer to your baby (hypnobabies experts may recognise that line!). Also every wave that starts will end. Every birth that starts will end with the baby coming out. Sickness comes goes, you feel crappy then sort of normal again. Every time you were sick were you thinking, how amazing in a few days or hours or some time frame I will feel normal again? Probably not. Yet every five minutes that brings you closer to that baby is magical. You know how amazing it is when they're put on your chest the first time so that's what you're going towards.

Congrats on the unchanged cervix. See bedrest is crappy, but does some good. Keep that little one cooking.

Ithappened, what's almond butter? I've never heard of that, but I like the sound.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#26 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 05:17 PM

Mandy, with birth you know that it's either end with a baby or it'll kill you and either way you don't have to be pregnant any more. It's a win-win situation. Seriously. Or you could listen to Clare, whose imagery is so much nicer and fluffier than mine :

Name: Helen
Weeks/Days along: 29+4
Appointments: Midwife yesterday- the new one. Fundal height is high- she even got a tape measure out!- but she agrees with me that this doesn't seem like a big baby. Baby was a kind of diagonal breech at the time, and I tend to measure bigger when baby is breech anyhow.
Symptoms: Meh, not really. Pelvis is behaving itself. The pregnancy insomnia is starting to kick in though.
Food: meh. Not really. Appetite is down.
Exercise: is good. Short walks are nice. Aquanatal is nice. Yoga is nice. Who am I, and where has the real Helen gone?
Body changes and other milestones: bump everywhere, boobs look tiny in comparison and three people have told me this week that I've really "bumped out a bit " : And my maternity trousers STILL won't stay up.
Thoughts

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#27 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 07:11 PM

Aww, thanks Helen and Claire! I do know all of that, I've loved all of that. Medicated births are not a walk in the park...and really my youngest was only partially medicated (only my legs were numb...funny since my issues were everything north of legs) I do know it's magical and I actually really like birth.

I just scared myself, it was the first time I thought that maybe I couldn't do it.

Helen, you crack me up, I think you and I could be good friends .

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
#28 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 PM

I've been freaking out a bit, and I think it is rooted in facing birth, although I don't know why.... my last baby was basically painless until transition. And then 30 minutes later she was born...

But I feel out of control... and I'm not liking it. Helen, I like your style, too. That puts it all in perspective

Mandy, one thing that helped me is to start drinking red raspberry leaf tea. I swear it made my last birth easier (plus it was my 3rd baby) but it became my relaxation exercise, to have my special cup of tea and relax.

These days I'm doing to much relaxing. I need to get my butt in gear and get everything together.

#29 of 49 Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 PM

Name: Sara

Weeks/Days along: 31 weeks

Appointments: Next thursday )

Symptoms: Heartburn that kills me

Food: I have been sooo hungry the past couple weeks. I'm trying to eat healthy but the chocolate bars keep talking to me.....

Exercise: Hiking <3 DH and I have gone on some great hikes and we are looking forward to maybe snowshoeing this winter.

Body changes and other milestones: My ribs are killing me, there's no room for them. Sitting is uncomfortable. My back hurts and I can barely sleep at night anymore. I kinda want my body back too but hiking makes me feel so much better right now.

Thoughts: Well, it looks like Canada is not in the cards for this baby. Our lawyer called us today and said "When you bring the check (for the green card fee) make sure you have the doctors papers with you." I'm like whaaaaa? We thought that happened after. So now we have to make an appointment to see the immigration doctor to make sure I'm healthy and they can't get me in until the end of the month. So now the paperwork cannot be sent until November at the earliest, and it takes 30-90 days from the time they GET it to process. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO mad. It's like the damn universe conspires against me every damn time I want something. So yeah, now we get to pay for a birth in the US on top of all our other costs, on one income. We are so broke it's not even funny. I honestly hope the universe will send some love our way lol, we need it.

Other than that crappy news, I'm surprisingly good I guess. Can't wait to meet this little person but I'm content where I'm at too.

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

#30 of 49 Old 10-08-2009, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

fazer6- almond butter is basically peanut butter but made with almonds instead I actually make my own since its about 1/3 of the cost of buying it at the organic markets here..

SilvanaRose- Im really sorry to hear about the green card drama and the birthing issues. The green card saga was big reason we moved to the EU instead of staying in the US. The process just sounded ... exhausting and then not being able to leave while the application is 'being processed' when most of your work involves traveling is really .. crappy. I am sorry, I am so mad for you. I am not looking forward to having to do all the bureaucracy to get my babies SSN/US passport etc. Its going to be such a royal pain in the ass..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page