So are you thinking about the next one yet? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 10-21-2009, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lol, we weren't even thinking about this one! Or DD 1!

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#32 of 43 Old 10-21-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Ha ha ha ha, I'm just laughing at this statement. Had I known how %#$@ing absurd it actually was I think I wouldv'e gone to Mongolia myself and raised my herd in a yurt.
we were living in NYC before we moved to the EU, my DH at the time was on a F1 visa so it wasn't problem, we considered staying in NYC but once we started to talk to other 'international' couples as well as immigration lawyers we weren't sure it was worth the money and total hassle/nightmare it was.. apparently though we can 'direct consulate file' from overseas and it makes the process 2-3 months rather then whatever insane timeline we were quoted for even the first interview..

The EU is much easier, relatively, you just need to spend about a day running around town getting stamps from various offices and you have a one year residency permit in about a week, of course, you have to reapply for the permit every year and then within 5 years take some sort of insane language test or who knows what they do .. so in the end, both options suck

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#33 of 43 Old 10-21-2009, 02:58 PM

Even though we thought we were done with our 4 year old, I thought I'd like to have one more after this one pretty close together because I like pairs.

Sadly, my uterus doesn't seem to like carrying babies and being that she's a key player she gets a lot of say.

So this will be our last.

I'm looking forward to being a foster parent in a few years after we get a bigger house. I doubt we'll ever really be done with kids

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
#34 of 43 Old 10-22-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberbrat View Post
1000% D-O-N-E here.
I second that emotion. I didn't enjoy being pregnant the first time. The second time around has been worse for me and I can't even imagine doing this again and juggling 2 kids. My hats off to those who can!
#35 of 43 Old 10-22-2009, 01:57 PM

This is our 4th baby and I'm guessing we are done. We had planned on 4 total but I really want to wait a year or two to make sure we actually feel really *done* at that point. I don't necessarily feel that feeling yet, which worries me because I don't really know if we should have any more babies after this one. All of my friends that are "done" said they definitely felt that way during pregnancy and afterwards. I had really hoped for a sister someday for our dd, but instead she's going to have 3 little brothers. It isn't what we expected at all, but we are still very excited with what we've been given. Mixed feelings, I guess!

Once this little guy arrives and we see how our family feels maybe it will feel like everyone that is supposed to be here is here. I don't know if that makes any sense at all. I get a little weepy thinking of this being my last baby, but a little part of me is probably okay with that I guess because I am frankly exhausted lol! This baby ended up joining our family a lot sooner than we had planned so it is hard to not feel overwhelmed at this point.

I'm just really hoping/praying that my dh and I will have the same feelings about our family size and both have a sense of peace about it. I'm really hoping I feel 100% "done" at the same time that my dh does.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#36 of 43 Old 10-22-2009, 05:09 PM

This is dc 2 and it took us a LOOOOONG time to decide whether or not we wanted #2. We were a pretty happy family of 3. It took a bit of a surprise (you really can get pg DTD 5 days before O) to make this happen.

I'm still pretty scared that I will be a better mama to one than to two... we'll just have to see.

So we are DONE.

ETA: DH is getting a vasectomy after this baby is born. It's the least he can do.

mumma to sweet 7 year old girl
and darling 2 year old guy

#37 of 43 Old 10-22-2009, 06:09 PM

im DONE DONE DONE even tho i lay in bed and watch this baby move and get sad thinking this is the last time i will ever see and feel that
i can NOT put my body threw this again i am 27 and this is #3
only 2 of them live with us but i think 2 is a good number 1 boy 1 girl!
the "perfect family" by alot of peoples standards i wasnt 100% sure i wanted to have another this time but my DH wanted to have a child that was ours so i said ok what the heck hehe but i told him IT BETTER BE A GIRL or you are dead meat hehe not that i wouldnt love this baby just as much if she was a he hehe i just like to give him a hard time
but this have been the pregnancy from hell im 35 weeks and i have been hurting every day for weeks if i dont take 3 baths a day i cry from pain

my DH was goig to get the big V but its not covered by insr GRR but tieing my tubes is so i guess i have to suck it up again!
but its worth it im NOT into hormanol BC ever again!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#38 of 43 Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 PM

We'd like at least one more (no more than three kids total), but as this little man was a complete surprise and while we're both thrilled about it, the timing could have been better. So we'll wait a couple of years and re-evaluate then. We'd like to be finished having babies within about five years.

Wife of R (08/2009), Mama of M (12/09), expecting Baby #2 (11/2012)

#39 of 43 Old 10-23-2009, 10:40 PM

This is the first and a COMPLETE (but now very welcomed) surprise for us. I always wanted 3-4 kids, but I just hope I make it to 3. My pregnancy hasn't been that bad, but I'm not really one of those women that loves this. I want the end result. I'm 26 and wondering how my future kiddos will be spaced. I always thought I'd be done at 30, but that's only possible if I have 1-2 kids total. A kid at 26, 29, and 31 might be cool.

Of course, who knows what the future holds.

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
#40 of 43 Old 10-23-2009, 10:53 PM

Boy.... it took us three years and three miscarriages, and multiple fertility treatments to get this far. With my POF, I don't know if we'll be able to have more.

I'm trying to live in the moment and just enjoy this one and this pregnancy, not knowing if it's my last or not.

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
#41 of 43 Old 10-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Banned

If we have another, it'll be unplanned. I'm infertile (took IVF for this one), so we don't have need for contraceptives. Chance of natural conception is 1 in 10,000. But if that chance happened, of course we'd keep the baby. But we're not going to be actively trying, and my body is doing a good enough job of being a contraceptive itself.
#42 of 43 Old 10-24-2009, 10:18 AM

we are DONE! My husband is planning to have a vasectomy. We actually weren't even planning to do it this way again, but after a complicated series of events (his mom was diagnosed with terminal illness, we had several failed adoption matches) my husband practically begged me to try again. And so, here she comes (and I am thrilled to meet her). I did not enjoy the first trimester at all, and now have other complications, which make me confident to say I don't ever need to be pregnant again. Besides, I really have my heart set on adopting. So we have agreed that we will definitely adopt one child, but depending on how it goes, who knows!

two girls for us! 04.23.07 & 01.17.10...
#43 of 43 Old 10-24-2009, 11:57 PM

We're still planning on one more child. I definitely do not want to get pregnant again for at least a year, if not closer to 18 months so I'm debating the Paragard IUD but I have kind of moral issue with the possibility of getting pregnant and not having the baby implant. Ugh. It'll either be the Paragard IUD or FAM/non-latex condoms for us.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page