So, are you nesting yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those that have been bitten by the nesting bug... what is the strangest thing you have cleaned so far??

Mine? You could EAT off my bathroom ceiling. Seriously. It is spotlessly, sparkling clean. I don't know exactly what posessed me to scrub the bathroom celing but when I did it it felt like a total emergency! LOL! It had to be done IMMEDIATELY!

Yesterday I:

Washed the windows
Vacuumed every floor and UNDER all the furniture
Washed all the floors... on my hands and knees
Cleaned and reorganized the kitchen cabinets and fridge
Reorganized and cleaned the bathroom closet, cabinets and drawers
Sorted out some more baby things and got everything organized

So, how about you mamas?

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just had a total blast of frenzied cleaning out of no where. I pruned all the plants and decided it was really important (while I was vacuuming the whole house) that I had to move them, vacuum underneath them and then dust each leaf INDIVIDUALLY.

I think it might be my first nesting. Wait, that's not true. 2 weeks ago I resewed all my curtains. Some of the hems on them were coming out, but I resewed them ALL.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#3 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 07:18 PM

...amazing... I am TOTALLY jealous!!! I have not started in on anything major yet - in part because I live with totally slobbish people! Husband is mudding up sheetrock and making a grand mess of part of the house, laundry piles seem to sprout overnight and junk piles of papers and books and whatnot are everywhere!!! Today I did manage to clear off some camping stuff from a bench in the living room that has been there since July and also found a place for husband's bee keeper's suit, so maybe slowly I am getting bit by the nesting bug? I hope!! The list is long of what I'd like to accomplish, but compared to ceiling washing (!!) I am FAR behind!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#4 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 PM

my DH and I are both hitting big time nesting, for me it was in early October and for him its hit about a week ago when I caught him cleaning the books and this morning I caught him scrubbing the bathroom floor to ceiling..

I have been cleaning weird things, highlights include: the face of the dresser drawers, the walls, the spice drawer, the silicon seal around the windows and yesterday I redid the entire recycle area (which is way weirder then it sounds, I promise).. organzing the cardboard by size and type..

so um yeah, Im nesting

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#5 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post
...amazing... I am TOTALLY jealous!!! I have not started in on anything major yet - in part because I live with totally slobbish people! Husband is mudding up sheetrock and making a grand mess of part of the house, laundry piles seem to sprout overnight and junk piles of papers and books and whatnot are everywhere!!! Today I did manage to clear off some camping stuff from a bench in the living room that has been there since July and also found a place for husband's bee keeper's suit, so maybe slowly I am getting bit by the nesting bug? I hope!! The list is long of what I'd like to accomplish, but compared to ceiling washing (!!) I am FAR behind!
My house looks like I'm living in total denial. It's a mess!

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
#6 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 PM

i'm not sure it 'counts' i havent done anything crazy but i am trying to get things done to be ready. already got all of ds's old NB clothing and diapers out. Got the infant car seat in etc.... mostly i've been making lists... lots and lots of lists...

things i must do BEFORE baby and things i need to BUY for baby.

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#7 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post
I just had a total blast of frenzied cleaning out of no where. I pruned all the plants and decided it was really important (while I was vacuuming the whole house) that I had to move them, vacuum underneath them and then dust each leaf INDIVIDUALLY.

I think it might be my first nesting. Wait, that's not true. 2 weeks ago I resewed all my curtains. Some of the hems on them were coming out, but I resewed them ALL.

Washing individual leaves was my obsession last week!!! LOL!

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

#8 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 PM

I've been so busy with making sure things are going well with getting the new house (should close by the end of the month) that I've not been interested in nesting here in our apt... I thought ds was gonna come out after we'd settled into our new home, but now I'm dilated half effaced and having prodromal labor.... grrr I have no idea when he's coming but I'd LOVE to be in the new house, or at least have this apt emptied so I can clean it properly before we move (needs to be anyways to get the deposit back).

When I do want to do some cleaning that desire doesnt last too long as I feel wiped out just standing and cooking then my energy's gone and I feel like napping or at least laying down to keep my back and pelvis from aching, this baby has definitely dropped!

I did get my birthing supplies! whoohoo! At least in that respect I'm ready for him to come.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#9 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post

LOL this was me a week ago. I love my little plants

As for weird cleaning....I'm 'slightly' OCD so anything I do is probably weird to some. I regularly wash walls, doors and yes I have washed the bathroom ceiling lol. I decided that the keyboards to both computers needed to be taken apart and completely cleaned a few days ago. I find myself wanting to take things apart to clean lately (stand mixer, computers, light fixtures {don't worry I know what I'm doing} etc). I also need to arrange my bead collection into jars separating colour and size. There's probably tons more but you get the idea lol

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

#10 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM

Just a little. I find the oddest things to want to "fix" before baby comes. Tonight it's working on my DD's bedroom shelves. Wish I could be motivated to do something I really need to get done. LOL

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#11 of 28 Old 11-09-2009, 11:59 PM

I'm an early Jan dd'er but I'm totally nesting... actually I think I've been nesting since my morning sickness went away at 24 weeks lol.... I clean/declutter allll the time it seems. And if I'm not physically doing that I'm thinking about WHAT I can be doing!

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
Always remembering our little angels up above.
#12 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Not yet. Maybe in a few weeks.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#13 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 02:20 AM

I desperately WANT to be but every time I get up and start, I have back to back HARD contractions. It's driving me nuts!!!
#14 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 02:30 AM

Right there with you on the contractions! I've been reduced to "online nesting" which includes hyper-researching anything I can think of and ordering all the things I can't get to the store to buy!

About to have 3 little chicks due with #3 Dec 15th
#15 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 02:39 AM

totally,

in fact (maybe too much information) the other day I had just come out of the shower and noticed the floor needed a good clean so I grabbed a wash rag and started scrubbing. Then, my husband walks in and says..."ok, and why are we scrubbing the floor in the nude?"

I have been living in the kitchen lately, baking and cooking extra.

I just removed the curtains to wash and last week I steamed cleaned almost all the carpet. Today I was in the vacuuming mood.
#16 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 03:05 AM

Oh heck yeah. I've been deep cleaning a room at a time. I got a break in there this last week but I think I'm averaging a room a week. And it's not basic deep cleaning. I'm scrubbing grout. Behind my kitchen faucet. At 2:30 in the morning. Because you know...it makes sense. I not only deep cleaned my living room the other night but I rearranged it as well. If my bedroom were more accomodating I'd have redone it by now too.

If I continue baking at the rate I am I will alsp be able to acheive flight due to blimp status. I can't help it. I NEED to bake. Anything, it doesn't matter. It's not a matter of craving sweets either because once it's baked I'm uninterested. I only eat it because otherwise it'd get wasted.

I think I'd be able to enjoy it more (although I am finding it all very enjoyable....it fulfills my OCD tendencies nicely ) if it weren't coupled with insomnia. For some reason baking and deep cleaning just aren't as nice in the wee hours of the morning.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#17 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 05:35 AM

I vacuumed my dog yesterday, I've officially gone overboard with nesting

Eating is an agricultural act.  -Wendell Berry

#18 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 AM

send me nesting vibes! im 38 weeks and ive done um NOTHING this place is a mess not like filthy dirty but i need to move everything in the bed room and scrub the hard wood BADLY but i go to do something and its like hurm clean or bed with tv bed always win!
whats wrong with me ? no nesting really cept last week i did detail my car and made it all pretty it lasted oh 3days!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#19 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
send me nesting vibes! im 38 weeks and ive done um NOTHING this place is a mess not like filthy dirty but i need to move everything in the bed room and scrub the hard wood BADLY but i go to do something and its like hurm clean or bed with tv bed always win!
whats wrong with me ? no nesting really cept last week i did detail my car and made it all pretty it lasted oh 3days!
I wish somebody would send me nesting vibes too!

Where is the nesting fairy????

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
#20 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 AM

LOL!! My nesting has come in the form of cooking and baking, not cleaning like it should. We went from an almost-empty freezer a few weeks back to one that's almost full. At some point the cleaning will need to be done, I'm sure!

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
#21 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Yes, for me, I'm having a homebirth in my (finished) basement and I've started at one corner and am cleaning it completely to the other corner. I really get the true meaning of 'nesting' - I could not give birth down there in the state that it was in, bleah!

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

#22 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM

I cleaned and rearranged our living room this weekend. Including moving a huge entertainment center and the tv. I'm so sore and tired now! Yesterday I scrubbed the floors and cleaned the inside and outside of the fridge.

Hubby scolded me when he got home from being out of town. There is just soooo much to do it seems

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#23 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 01:15 PM

Haven't started cleaning yet but started freezer meals and major shopping. I feel like i need to get my entire Xmas list done, like this week.

Was planning to survive off scrambled eggs last night and put two lasagnas in the freezer, but DD felt ripped off that we were making but not eating lasagna so we ended up eating one
#24 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina_yyc View Post
I feel like i need to get my entire Xmas list done, like this week.
Yes! I gave up on my low key plans and actually ordered photo Christmas cards the other night (from VistaPrint...they are having a sale right now if anyone is interested....I got 30 full color print 4x8 photo cards [with 3 pics on it] and text/design on the back WITH matching envelopes with a preprinted return address on them for $36) and that's what everyone is getting. I'm not even going to attempt to do anything else. If I manage to get in the mood or less freaked out by the oncoming insanity I might do something but at this point. I. give. up. I'm not going to run myself into the ground this year. I ordered my kiddos present that same night....they are getting a joint gift this year.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#25 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I've been nesting like crazy lately. I cleaned the drip pans on my stovetop yesterday, and the only time I *ever* do those is when I'm getting ready to have a baby! (Fill the sink with hot water and Oxi-Clean and soak them for 30 minutes. The grime comes right off and leaves them super shiny.) I scrubbed the toilet and organized the bathroom closet yesterday, disinfected the inside of the hamper (idk, it was smelling a little funky), recycled a bunch of old magazines, and washed curtains. Today I'm cleaning out and reorganizing the hall closet and our kitchen storage, and I really need to scrub out the dish strainer.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
#26 of 28 Old 11-10-2009, 06:45 PM

Not quite yet, but eager for the day to come where I have uncontrollable cleaning urges!

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#27 of 28 Old 11-11-2009, 11:46 AM

I thought I wasn't nesting but then I realized that after years of all natural products I decided I had to do a better job getting stains out of our clothes and I bought a stain stick for the laundry last night.

It's gotta be the pregnancy!

Diana, homebirthing, homeschooling, homemaking wife and mother of two (plus one more coming this Spring)!
Wrap Your Baby Comfy, versatile baby carriers and lots of wrap instruction.
Preparing to move our family of five into a motorhome and live on the road fulltime at Free Range Dreams.
#28 of 28 Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We are all so funny!

DH seems to have caught the bug because I just came home and found that he's dumped out the whole pantry and is wiping off shelves and sweeping and wiping off everything before putting it back.

Now if only he would move the sofa and vacuum up those dust bunnies down there that taunt me on a regular basis...

For some reason, my office (the tiny second bedroom of our apartment) is a major mess and I have not the slightest desire to do anything about it.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page