I'm going to be pregnant forever. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ladies- i am going to lose it!! i went into labor yesterday around 11am. by 1 the contractions were 2-3 min apart and almost a minute long. i could talk or walk, only moan through them.then at 6 pm everything STOPPPEd again. last night i woke up every hour on the hour, had 1-3 contractions had to pee and then would fall back asleep. now here it is 6am and i cant sleep- but not because i am laboring- i just feel like CRAP (with the occasional contraction)
I AM LOSING MY MIND. all that work, all that lobor-not false labor either- for nothing.....

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#32 of 47 Old 12-11-2009, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
liz-hippymom- I feel you. The same thing happened to me right before thanksgiving.. I was in labor for 2 days then it stopped completely and almost 4 weeks later Im still pregnant

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#33 of 47 Old 12-11-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz-hippymom View Post
ladies- i am going to lose it!! i went into labor yesterday around 11am. by 1 the contractions were 2-3 min apart and almost a minute long. i could talk or walk, only moan through them.then at 6 pm everything STOPPPEd again. last night i woke up every hour on the hour, had 1-3 contractions had to pee and then would fall back asleep. now here it is 6am and i cant sleep- but not because i am laboring- i just feel like CRAP (with the occasional contraction)
I AM LOSING MY MIND. all that work, all that lobor-not false labor either- for nothing.....
Hang in there! That is what the end of my pregnancies are like. Baby will be here soon.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#34 of 47 Old 12-13-2009, 01:46 AM

It's Saturday night - my due date was Thursday. DS was born 3 days before his due date, so I feel like I've been pregnant forever....

I deflated the birth pool...it sat there mocking and tauntng me. Now it's just a pile of plastic and I feel a little better. Not much...just a little!
#35 of 47 Old 12-13-2009, 11:35 AM

It would be a lot easier to be at almost 41 wks (EDD was the 8th) if I didn't have so many people reminding me I was still pregnant. And 99% of them are parents themselves, so they should know that babies hardly ever come on time. Maybe I'll just start wearing a sign, "Yes, I am aware that our child has yet to be born. Thank you for your concern."

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#36 of 47 Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
"Yes, I am aware that our child has yet to be born. Thank you for your concern."
I should do that too. At some point I just stopped listening and had my DH answer the phone, I didnt want to deal with it.

Quote:
I deflated the birth pool...it sat there mocking and tauntng me. Now it's just a pile of plastic and I feel a little better. Not much...just a little!
I took out the car seat after my first false trip to the birth center. It was depressing and made me feel mocked as well.. needless to say, removing it made me feel so much better

My yeast seem to be doing much better this evening so I think I might try a nice castor oil cocktail tonight ..

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#37 of 47 Old 12-13-2009, 01:12 PM

Keeping everything crossed for you. Enjoy the cocktail.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#38 of 47 Old 12-13-2009, 04:24 PM

I had how-to-go-into-labor advice from a friend's husband this morning as our spicy thai dinner friday night didn't work. His theory is that I need to stop doing stuff and lie on the couch and then the baby will come... Huh. So who is going to take care of the chickens & dogs & boys & laundry & groceries??? Even with big capable kids around nothing gets done, the lazy bums. And, what the heck will I do on the couch??? I know that eventually baby will come and maybe I should take a rest, but when I am cranky overdue pregnant lady don't call me & tell me in your man voice what I need to do!!! Whew. I need to stop answering the phone too, I hear you on that one ithappened!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#39 of 47 Old 12-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Okay, I feel the intense need to revive this thread. I'm 41+3 today. Saturday is the 42 week mark and by then I have to consult with an OB. But because of the holiday I'll have to call them on Thursday already.

I feel kinda lonely. Anyone else still out there???

Where is my baby???

Wife to Matt, Mama to DD Elliot (12/31/09). We familybed1.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomebirth.jpgcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif
#40 of 47 Old 12-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybunny View Post
Okay, I feel the intense need to revive this thread. I'm 41+3 today. Saturday is the 42 week mark and by then I have to consult with an OB. But because of the holiday I'll have to call them on Thursday already.

I feel kinda lonely. Anyone else still out there???

Where is my baby???
Jumping in from Jan - Didn't want to leave you hanging. I remember when I got to that point and I am not looking forward to making it there again. HUgs mama, hope you are holding your baby VERY soon. Sending ELV your way.
#41 of 47 Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 PM

I'm here! At this point I'm guessing I'm 41+1... been havin a lot of pressure and cervix stabs at night now and am thinkin it has to do with the moon and that I'll probably go into labor on the 31st and deliver on the 1st... though I'd much rather have him NOW! I've been taking some fenugreek and not noticing a difference with it... maybe I'll pick up some castor oil tomorrow and see if that helps but I'd really rather not since it's just well... ew.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#42 of 47 Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 PM

Hey I'm here. I'm not quite late yet. I'll be 40 weeks 2moro. Though I'm still in disbelief that I'm still pregnant! My first came at 38 weeks and my doc didn't think I would make it to 39 weeks this go round. I'm going over in my head to be sure I'm not holding any hidden fears or resentment and I don't think I am.

I too think the full moon is kicking things into gear somewhat. I had some very noticable ctrx last night, I couldn't get to sleep until 3am and then woke up around 8am feeling some mentrual like cramping. Had lots of movement from the baby all day today as well.

Been sitting on the yoga ball, using accupressure (per my doula's request), and drinking my RRL tea. Just hoping she makes an appearance before January!!!
#43 of 47 Old 12-29-2009, 10:42 PM

Good luck ladies! I hope the full moon brings the rest of the December babies. Everett was born around the first full moon of this month.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#44 of 47 Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM

The last full moon was a real dissapointment for me - I was past my due date by a few days and I still didn't give birth until a full week later... may it be soon for you. Just remember, you will not be pregnant forever!

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#45 of 47 Old 12-31-2009, 03:42 PM

I'm totally with ya on this one.

Depending on what date we use, I am either 2 weeks over due today...or due today. But the worst part is that the baby has been at +1 station since Dec 3rd...I have been 100% effaced and 3cms since the 10th of Dec...Oh! Yeah, and it is my FIFTH baby. C'mon! Really? Out of FIVE pregnancies, my body can't just let me have ONE of them a DAY early?

I'm just so worn out...I am still nursing our toddler...I have not had more than 40 minutes of sleep at a stretch in over 8 weeks...which means that I don't have enough time to enter REM sleep which means I have not had a dream, or the feeling of "being rested" in 2 whole months.

I can't sit. I can't stand. I can't sit on the birthing ball. I can't lay down on my left, or my right sides...I ruined the ONLY shirt that still fit by cooking it in the dryer when I was doing laundry at 3am. So, now I can't leave the house...not that I have a coat or snow boots to wear in the weather anyway. I'm just so done and so angry right now. And being a doula and a midwifery assistant, I know that this is all normal and a good sign that that I am ready...but dammit, I was ready 2 weeks ago...a week ago...yesterday...today...do I really have to wait 14 more days to be "officially overdue" Uhg.

So, yes, I am super duper cranky and want to just hole up in my bed and wake up when I am finally in labor. THIS is why I did not want kids closer than 4 years in age...our toddler WON'T let me just vanish and I am really pissed about it. BLAH!

I'm so sick of the "encouraging words" everyone wants to share and all of the "hang in there!" crap.

So thanks for your post...it is just exactly how I feel, too and I am cranky enough to not give a crap if it makes me sound like a total irate b#tch!!

Justine--Wife to Sir Hubby, HBAC Momma to 5 kiddos including Lazlo born 1/6/10 gently at home!
#46 of 47 Old 12-31-2009, 04:50 PM

gah. I would be losing my mind too. I hope you get some rest and go into labor soon!

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#47 of 47 Old 12-31-2009, 10:30 PM

Man. I'm about 40 weeks and 5 days at this point and just yesterday started to feel that weird emotional pressure I remember feeling when I was past my due date with my first...All through this pregnancy I have told myself, and others have reminded me, that since my daughter was born at 42 weeks, it shouldn't be a big surprise if this pregnancy lasts about as long. Even so, all of a sudden it seems as though everyone's getting a bit "So, uh, WHEN are you going to have that baby?" on me.

I had a nice appointment with homebirth midwife yesterday, and then a Kaiser doc appointment today. What a difference between the two! The Kaiser doc informed me that they are now recommending induction sooner for women 35 and older. I'm 35, so they would recommend I be induced, like...tomorrow. (No thanks.) I am so glad to have much less stressy midwives to talk to. Kaiser also decided I should have a nonstress test and u/s today. It made me cry to see that sweet baby face in there---first, just because I haven't seen him/her since I was 20 weeks, but second, because I want to let the baby remain a mystery as much as possible until it's time to come out. It feels wrong somehow, like peeking in at a butterfly before it's ready to crack out of its shell.

Anyway, I came home feeling so blue---the blue moon seems appropriate. But I have to try not to let myself get all weird and absorb tense Kaiser protocol vibes. After all, I'm only 40 weeks + 5 days (and my daughter came out 7 lb and healthy as can be at 42 weeks), and according to Kaiser data (and my own daily observations), this baby is doing great, amniotic fluid is plentiful, etc.

Boy, ranting sure seems to help though. Thanks for posting this thread. It feels good to be reminded how many other women are out there going through the same things.

Mindy, mom to Harriet (b. 10/12/06) and Baby No. 2 (due 12/27/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page