Any other PP mamas starving? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I could eat a horse. I'm trying not to- it's blindingly obvious that I did not gain a lot of weight this pregnancy- but would really like to. With a side of turkey and stuffing and stuff.

Has anyone else got the freaky appetite thing going, and what are you eating? Typical seasonal fare, or ?????

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#2 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 02:58 PM

yes me!

I actually am so hungry I have to get up at night and eat 1-2 times, sometimes/usually I have cookies, yogurt, fruit or just drink a few glasses of whole milk.

Its crazy. I am losing weight really fast PP, its almost concerning if it continues at this rate.

I am not sure if it has to do with the BFing or what, but yes, I am starving and constantly eating- - much worse then pregnancy even!

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#3 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 03:33 PM

Yeah, I am starving too - though in my case some of it may be that no one knows how to go to the market here... Just buy food! Lots and lots of food!! I try to keep an apple or luna bar by the bed and I am always thirsty so lots and lots of water too - but thankfully no one has to go to the market for that!!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#4 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Me me!! By the end of this holiday season I am going to weigh more than the end of pregnancy. LOL

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#5 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 03:48 PM

yes, but I read that Bfing moms need 500 extra calories more than late preg (when I was eating everything in sight) so I didnt think much of it. I lost alot of weight initially, which I think was water weight. Don't know about now since I wear loose pants b/c of stitches (and no scale). My tummy is almost totally in (tho stomach muscles are weird).

I'm trying to eat healthy tho, not like the last 2 desperate weeks of preg.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#6 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 03:51 PM

Oh yeah! I have always been a big eater, and thank being able to inhale inhuman amounts of food when I'm 35 and not gaining weight, to being pregnant and breastfeeding nearly continuously for the past 8 years! It's going to be a big shock a few years from now when I'm 40 and no longer nursing or pregnant, and I actually need to watch what I eat!!!
#7 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 04:06 PM

I'm starving all the time and I'm eating huge meals and lots of snacks. My baby breastfeeds almost constantly so I'm sure my body is just trying to keep up.

Before my mom left she stocked our fridge with all kinds of healthy yummy food and dh has been cooking and serving me and it's great.

Yesterday we took the kids out to lunch and I can rarely finish all of my food at a resturaunt and I ate evrey single bite on my plate.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#8 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
YES.

It seemed worse the first couple of days post partum, I think because I was so hungry and at the same time, I actually had room for the food and it felt great to be able to pack it away. For the first couple of weeks it felt like I was always either feeding the baby or trying to find something I could eat while holding the baby.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#9 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned

I gained little enough that I was back into my pre-prego XS clothing the next day. I didn't have much of an appetite. But since birth all I want to do is eat. I'm having to be careful not to overeat.

Is that 500 more than was eaten while pregnant or before?
#10 of 10 Old 12-23-2009, 08:27 PM

Me too! Except I wasn't hungry at all the first week or two PP. I read that's common, though...probably nature's way of making you forget that you don't have time to feed yourself! But I've found that my milk production seriously suffers from any combination of not drinking enough water, not eating enough and/or not destressing enough, so it's good that I'm starving and thirsty all the time now. It makes it a lot harder to forget to eat like I was doing at first.

I need to eat healthier. I've been putting most of my emphasis on things that I can eat with one hand, which tend to lean toward the junk food end of the spectrum. It doesn't help that we haven't managed to go grocery shopping since before the birth, and Nimbus is a month old now. It's a great way to clean out the pantry, but fresh fruit and vegetables would be nice, among other things.

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page