I've got a sleeper . . . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-08-2010, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
. . . and it is freaking me out! Silas takes a 3-4 hour afternoon nap and sleeps a 4-6 hour stretch at night, plus a couple of 3 hour stretches. When he is awake he does single-sided feedings (I always do these because I usually have oversupply issues) quite often, like every hour. He is almost two weeks old. He seems to be gaining more slowly than my other two (who were non-sleepers and nursed all. the. time.) but he is gaining from what I can tell, and he seems quite content other than a little gas. I should be enjoying this, right? I shouldn't worry? It is just so strange to me. And I worry a tiny bit about my supply, but it should be okay, right?

Ser, mama to Luke (7) and Henry (4) and gratefully welcoming a new babe in December '09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 PM

You should be fine. Mine are usually good sleepers the first month or so. Enjoy it. From my experience it doesn't mean it will last.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#3 of 5 Old 01-08-2010, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My DD was a great sleeper in the beginning too and now she wants to nurse every 1.5 hours or so as of 3 weeks old.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#4 of 5 Old 01-08-2010, 01:53 PM

Ali is 5 weeks old. She sleeps WAY more than my older two ever thought about. Of course, she does wake every 3 hours at night to nurse but the other two were every 1-1.5 hours. She sleeps forever all day long. It's crazy. Dh and I were worried for the first couple of weeks because of it. It is nerve wrecking when you aren't used to it! I say, relax and enjoy it.

Jennifer Sahm to my smart lil boy (9 yo), fun loving lil girl (7 yo),and our new sweet one (12/04/09)
#5 of 5 Old 01-09-2010, 02:56 AM

Mine's a sleeper too - sooo different than DS1! I'm just enjoying it for the time being. DS1 was a good sleeper at night (but a catnapper all day), but that only lasted for the first 3 months. Then he started waking up more and more often until at one point he was waking up every hour all night long. Fun.

Cynthia, loving my husband Isaac, my silly boy Jacob (Apr 07), my sweet little Luke (Dec 09), and my darling Lily (Aug 12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page