WEEKLY RAMBLE/CHAT for JAN 24th-30th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithappened View Post
We're back from the embassay! Now its just a waiting game to see if everything was approved I am trying not to think about it and just hope we see a passport in the mail Monday(ish)

I am so proud of DS, he was an awesome traveler he did so well and was such a good kid AND we go a SMILE!!! Lots of them now

As of this morning he is (almost) 7 weeks and 14.2 lbs

This week I am starting my eating better and exercising regularly schedule. I am asking DH for 30-40 mins a day so I can go run/yoga/something.. the lack of exercise is causing me major depression and anxiety surges I am convinced.. I really need to put it back into my life.
I'm glad your trip went so well.

My DH seems to have more success taking care of a baby when I leave the house. If I hang around he feels like I'm judging how he is caring for our baby--like he isn't doing stuff the right way. (Which I totally don't do, I just try to make gentle suggestions, but I guess when a baby is screaming its head off, it sounds critical.)

And he knows that if I am here and the baby cries long enough I'll take him.

So it might be good for DH and DS's bonding if you got to go out to exercise.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#32 of 38 Old 01-31-2010, 07:29 AM

yeah I agree about leaving to exercise because 9 out of 10 times if I try to do it here I have to stop in the middle to 'feed' DS or something else DH feels he might need.. so yah- Im going to start going out

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#33 of 38 Old 01-31-2010, 07:57 AM

Ithappened, I say you should definitely go for it with the exercise! I tell you, I'm on my third kid now, and I have realized that exercising every day is what gets me through the tough times. Even if I have gotten three hours of sleep the night before, exercising is just that little bit of time for me that I need and such a good stress reliever. Also, I agree with the pp that says that it will help your dh bond with your son and learn to care for him in his own way. My husband got to be such a good baby/toddler comforter when I trained for a marathon when my first ds was little.

As far as the baby, Silas is 5 weeks old now. I can't believe how the time has flown by! This is truly the first time that I have enjoyed the newborn experience. I'm also mourning that this will be our last baby.

Silas is cooing, smiling, and still sleeping a lot. He is up to 13 pounds after a low of 8 1/2 pounds or so, and is starting to look a little chubby. Love it!

I'm back to exercising but still have 15 pounds to lose. After losing 25 pounds in the first week, I haven't lost much of anything in the last month. I'm feeling a little worried, but I can't honestly remember how the weight loss went the last two times. I know that by 6 months postpartum, I was down to my normal weight. I'm hoping for the same this time, but am feeling impatient and not wanting to buy any new clothes.

Ser, mama to Luke (7) and Henry (4) and gratefully welcoming a new babe in December '09
#34 of 38 Old 01-31-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping for the same this time, but am feeling impatient and not wanting to buy any new clothes.
yeah thats been the hard part for me, my normal clothes are still a little tight but I dont want to buy new clothes right now since Im hoping in 2-3 more months I'll be back to normal.. but then again, maybe I won't..

#35 of 38 Old 01-31-2010, 09:05 PM

I'm also a believer in going to the gym for workouts. Once you're a mom time to yourself is so scarce and hard-won...might as well use it to do something that will make you feel good ALL the time. I am trying to establish a weekly routine so I make sure to take that time. Otherwise I will be a bitter wife in a few months. 20lbs to go.
#36 of 38 Old 02-01-2010, 05:32 AM

I've thought about joining a gym, but the problem here is the closest ones that are good take about 20 mins to get to and come back from, so if I have an hour I end up getting 15-20mins of exercise in.. there is a crappy gym (or so I hear) closer by -- I can walk to in 10 mins and I might go check it out since all I really want is a decent tredmill and elpitical machine.

At the moment I am just going out for hour long walks with our hyperactive massively large dog which sort of turns my walk into an upper body workout as well, although its far from relaxing.. at least its something..

I also started the 30day shred which I do in the mornings that DS/DH sleep in (which is 4/5 mornings out of 7)

I have about 6 lbs to lose until my clothes are comfortable to wear again but I swear 5lbs of that are just in my upper thigh, 1 lb is a pouch in my stomach. . . I don't get it.

#37 of 38 Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know, my clothes are uncomfortable to wear and I swear all the last 5 lbs or so I have left is in my belly. It's taking me back to those annoying days of early pregnancy when I just looked a little fat. Except now I actually am.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#38 of 38 Old 02-01-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
It's taking me back to those annoying days of early pregnancy when I just looked a little fat. Except now I actually am.
YES! I thought the same thing this morning while looking in the mirror. I know they say 9 months off and on.. but I think if its like this for the next 9 months I'll be seriously depressed. The thing is, I'm afraid to 'diet' since Im BFing so I'm having trouble figuring out how much to eat/workout without affecting quality (but ironically I have too much supply).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page