WEEKLY RAMBLE/CHAT for JAN 31st - FEB 6th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 02-04-2010, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evinmom View Post
I'm glad the in-laws have gone home. The visit went relatively well, but I think 5 days is my max for putting up with them in my house.
5 days sounds like a marathon! I barely lasted a weekend with a helpful and nonjudgmental mom friend over. I love having guests but it's hard when the baby/family needs so much extra attention.

I spent the $400 on a great jogger and no regrets here. Mine has the switchable wheel where you can use it as a regular stroller as well. I looked for it used but couldn't find one, and if you cheap out on a switchable one apparently they don't work well.
#62 of 69 Old 02-05-2010, 06:59 AM

We took Annika to her 2 month appointment today and she got her polio vaccine, which was luckily not a shot but an oral vaccine, so no crying. In the car on the way over DH was telling me he had a childhood friend who not only had polio, but also only had one eye because he apparently thought putting lit firecrackers in a glass bottle was a good idea. As if the polio and the firecracker accident weren't bad enough, this kid also got into a fistfight with his art teacher in 4th grade, and the school sided with the teacher?! DH has some really crazy stories from his childhood, I tell you.

Anyhow, she weighs 5.5kg, which is about 12 lbs I think. She definitely doesn't look like a newborn anymore, but like a proper baby with chubbiness and all. She's not quite as big as DS was at this stage though.

: Mom to DS (10/29/07) and DD (12/1/09). Visit my blog in my profile to read about our lives in Beijing!
#63 of 69 Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 AM

carmel23-
no idea what cut I want to get, probably just trim my bangs but if I do something exciting I'll post about it

As for my FIL... he wrote me this email basically guilt tripping me about having a babysitter (because I paid a girl to watch my DS for 3 hours - one time ever- since he has been born).. he also tried to guilt me about depending on family for help and how a babysitter or family support/help would damage DS in the long run (this is coming from a man who works full time, lived in a different country when my DH was a baby and currently has a full time live in nanny to raise his other kids)..

I wouldn't of been so pissed off but I am exhausted and fragile at the moment. I feel super vulnerable and from the minute DS was born DH/I literally both have been with DS 24 hour 7 days a week with the exception this one night where we went 10 mins from our apartment for 2.5 hours for dinner because I was so upset/worn out/run down..

This is the same FIL who sent me a text after DS was born 'welcoming the yuppie baby' because I wanted a birth center rather then hospital birth and then he drops me this email basically saying we have messed DS up because DS was left for 3 hours with someone other then us.

It just didn't make sense, super hypocritical coming from him.. and I am so tired I think I took it much to much to heart and was really upset for a few days that he thought those things about our family.. I ranted to DH for a good 24 hours before writing back nicely thanking him for his 'advice' and concern

he can be such a jerk. sorry.. that was really a rant. I'm tired.

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#64 of 69 Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 PM

IH, you're making me grateful that my FIL doesn't call/care .

I notice that people are really judgmental when it comes to babies & kids...I remember my parents' neighbors grilling us and acting critical about DD not sleeping through the night and then finding out their kids didn't sleep through until well past 2yo (DD was 1 at the time.) My FIL has also said that he's never seen a crazy kid like DD who runs around nonstop...so I asked him how my DH was and he said "exactly the same." Yeaaaaah. I'm not even going to get into how HE is parenting his youngest DS right now...or should I say, how the TV is parenting his youngest DS.
#65 of 69 Old 02-06-2010, 06:06 AM

nina_yyc- yeap sounds familiar. I don't get the judgement. I don't tell you how to raise your kids, so don't tell me how to raise mine- esp if I'm not asking .

#66 of 69 Old 02-06-2010, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
we are alone today, after 18 days of guests. pant pant.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#67 of 69 Old 02-06-2010, 01:24 PM

It seems like each day, if I am lucky, I get the choice of one item: a nap, a shower, exercise, cleaning up the house or reading.

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#68 of 69 Old 02-06-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I am amazed. I think I would need a few strong drinks with that sort of influx of guest.

#69 of 69 Old 02-06-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post
yeah, that would freak me out. enjoy the peace!

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page