Anyone else feeling completely dead? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2010, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, my daughter was born 12/28. I lost a lot of blood after her birth and have anemia. Nearly had to have a transfusion but avoided, thankfully. I have been mainlining Floradix liquid iron since then and trying to get rest. I had to go back to work part-time last week. Since I've had her, I have unbelievable muscle aches. I have no idea what from. My legs and butt just ache. It's muscle not bone. And nothing internal -- didn't need stitches or anything so that part of me healed just fine :-) I did some reading on the internet (stupid thing to do) and it sounds like I may have a thyroid issue. I have my 6 week check up on Monday. Anyone else feeling like this? I know that just having a new born and getting no sleep can make you feel crappy but I didn't feel this way at all with my son. I'm also battling depression and anxiety. (Wow, I just reraed this and I sound like a mess - normally, I'm not a mess - just when I have babies!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 11:35 PM

What a bummer you are not feeling well...
As I was making dinner, wolfing it down and cleaning up afterwards, I felt completely drained and sad. My husband took the baby for a few minutes and I just wanted to sit and stare at the wall! In peace and quiet! But of course, that didn't happen since there is hardly any quiet in the house anymore... I adore the baby and totally know that this phase will pass, but I am exhausted, lonely for people who understand, and being sick as well does not help. Body wise I am fine, but I can imagine that your crappy feelings piled up on top of all this other stuff is just no good. Can you get out of the house for a little you time? I have to consciously force myself to put me time on the calendar... unsccessful as of yet.
*sigh* and baby woke up. Husband went upstairs w/a pumped out bottle and I feel like sobbing but I do need the break for a few mins...
I hear you Cybercere. Hang in there.

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 AM

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so lousy. I still feel achy all over too. I already had bloodwork done so I know it's not a thyroid issue for me. I hope you get an easy to fix answer soon.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
Old 02-02-2010, 05:20 AM

have you had blood work done? the only time I've felt like that--just exhausted all the time, is when i'm anemic. I hope you get your groove back, mama.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 02-02-2010, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

I am anemic - been taking liquid iron and am feeling slightly better than right after she was born. This is sort of different though - massive body aches.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Talk to your doctor. But I too am feeling very run down and tired. After almost 8 weeks of sleep deprivation, my system is weak and I get drained pretty easily. that really sucks that you had to go back to work - so did I and you have my sympathies. It can take alot out of you to have to work and take care of a baby all in a tired, never managing to quite recover state. I hope you feel better and take care of yourself as best you can. hugs.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM

I just now at almost 7 weeks am feeling the blues set in, and feeling physically trashed. I think the newness and adrenaline has worn off some, and meanwhile I expect a lot more of myself in terms of returning to regular life & my work, and others are relating to me less as a brand-new mom who needs extra support. I feel out of step with my (mostly childless) friends, though my relatioships are strong enough. I surprised myself by being quite sad after my postpartum checkup, and realized that it was because I will miss having a team of people I see regularly who are devoted to my care and wellbeing. The winter is making me feel hemmed in. I am deeply tired from very long nights. The baby, while completely precious and beloved, is still not especially rewarding to interact with most of the time, since he's not really smiling yet and his main communication is crying. He is awake, content, and not eating for maybe 30 minutes total per day, and the rest of his awake time is spent nursing or screaming, which he does nightly for some hours. I have a plugged duct and a sore nipple... And my back is really bothering me.

It makes sense to me that I am having a hard time. I can see the reasons, and fortunately these are mostly things that will improve with time. I try to hold onto that when I am struggling. Also I take my antidepressant and try to eat decently and do a few minutes of yoga when I can.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 PM

s

I have had some extremely low days and some pretty bad anxiety. I am really sorry you are feeling this way, def. bring it up to your doctor.

I started to use Bach rescue remedey (they do custom blends you can get made off their website) which has helped a lot..

s

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

Old 02-02-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beep View Post
I just now at almost 7 weeks am feeling the blues set in, and feeling physically trashed. I think the newness and adrenaline has worn off some, and meanwhile I expect a lot more of myself in terms of returning to regular life & my work, and others are relating to me less as a brand-new mom who needs extra support.

I surprised myself by being quite sad after my postpartum checkup, and realized that it was because I will miss having a team of people I see regularly who are devoted to my care and wellbeing. The winter is making me feel hemmed in. I am deeply tired from very long nights.
DITTO all of the above. The adrenaline has worn off, and the reality of having to do this all day (and night), every day has set in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithappened View Post
s
I started to use Bach rescue remedey (they do custom blends you can get made off their website) which has helped a lot..

s
Thanks for reminding me about this...I always mean to get a custom blend done for me and my high strung DS- now would be the time!!

Also, I need to encapsulate my placenta, which I was planning on doing to get me through this time, but my grinder broke and I haven't been able to get another one. If I can at least make the powder, I can use it in smoothies, if not do the capsules (which I haven't figured out how to do, and don't have an extra $150 to pay someone to do for me!)

User Tag List