carriers, carriers, CARRIERS!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 02-01-2010, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why are there so many choices??
I have a Bjorn, a woven wrap from GypsyMama, an old peanut shell (got it from freecycle and it is too big so I will pass it on again), an Infantino sling (also a freecycle find but no way would I use this after all the sling deaths!!) a Kelty framed backpack (mostly for hubby) and an Ergo (that I have yet to try). I am really liking the BabyHawk Mei Tai that people have been talking about and I wonder if I should return the unopened Ergo and pick up a Mei Tai? Do I really need all these carriers?? I have been using the Bjorn the most because of its ease outside but I really like the woven wrap the best because it is kinda cool - if that is a real reason. The Mei Tai looks like it is functional and cool, imagine that! I have baby carrier envy. For those of you who have one, is there enough room on the straps to go over a winter coat and baby's snowsuit? Ugh, can't decide what to do! I don't like the buckles of the ergo but I do like the back carry ease... I think I am headed towards a Mei Tai after reading what I am writing. Maybe I am just sleep deprived and going nuts over the carrier because everything else is out of control? Does anyone else have every carrier under the sun?

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#2 of 56 Old 02-01-2010, 11:41 PM

I have a sling made by a wahm that Orin hates, a bjorn which I hate with a passion, a moby which we still can't quite master...Orin hates it too.....I'm at a loss. I really wanted an Ergo but after some recommendations and some research I think I may go for a Beco. I really want to carry him more but my arms are getting tired lol

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

#3 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 12:00 AM

I've been using my Moby since before I left the hospital. Before Chubby Puppy was born, I practiced with my Shih Tzu in it. I got a gorgeous ring sling on etsy, but I think he may be too big for it or something...I just can't quite get the hang of it. I would really like a Mei Tai and an Ergo.

I absolutely adore my Moby though. I wear him everywhere. It isn't really "hands free" yet because I usually have to support his head. He hates having it tucked under the strap.
#4 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 12:02 AM

nak

I have a Kozy carrier, ring sling and a big ol' piece of fabric that I use as a wrap http://www.wrapyourbaby.com/newborncarries.htm

I use the ring sling while out and about and the wrap at home. Used the Kozy on a hike yesterday (front carry). It was ok but I prefer my stretchy wrap. The Kozy is still great for back-carrying my 2-yr old.

I could not function without carrying my baby. It is so worth it to find something that works for you and your babe

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#5 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 01:35 AM

I don't know why it's such a struggle not to get sucked into crunchy consumerism! "I need 8 carriers!" or "I need one of every organic fitted diaper!" or whatever... it's a weird thing.

We have two pouch slings, a stretchy wrap, and a mei tai.

My kid doesn't like his pouches (although I've just gotten some good tips on tummy-to-tummy carries, so I'll be trying those), so I have been pondering adding a ring sling and a woven wrap. For his part, my husband is v. interested in the Ergo. (I think it's the manly, techy-seeming buckles, hehe.)

BUT. I've gotten really bothered, recently, by how much STUFF we have acquired since having the baby, and by how much STUFF I keep wanting to buy! I don't know... I'm just bothered by the clutter and my own gimme-gimme feelings, you know? I feel like sometimes I default to obsessing over acquiring things when I'm feeling stressed, so I'm trying to keep an eye on that

Anyway.

Pouch slings: I never quite feel like I'm wearing them right, even after watching all the videos the internet has to offer. And my son doesn't care for them, as mentioned. He doesn't really like to lie horizontally, and recently he's been very grouchy about not being about to look around: right now he only consents to being in a pouch if he's sitting Buddha-style, which of course isn't really hands-free for the wearer. So I'm going to try some upright carries and see if that works... otherwise I may retire them. (I just went through a whole phase of thinking that maybe I just needed a fleece pouch, or one made with some stretch... NO. I don't need more ways to carry my baby, good lord.)

Stretchy wrap: so great! Kind of a hassle to get on and off, but so easy to cart him around in. I figure we'll use this until he's too heavy for it and then switch to a single woven wrap.

Mei tai: the most useful of our carriers, I think. Our current one is pretty small, and perfect for a little baby, but I think we may want a bigger one when he's older. But again, I'm going to try to retire this one and switch to a bigger one, not just add on and on and on.

But - yes, I struggle with my own weird desire to acquire MORE CARRIERS, which is ridiculous and really bothers me.

Today I was (witness my greed, blech) poking around in the FSOT on thebabywearer.com forums, and people were selling 250-dollar used ring slings. I DO NOT WANT TO BE THAT CRUNCHY MOM, who treats carriers/car seats/cloth diapers as some kind of crazy baseball card-type collection. Just. Forget it.

Science-loving mama to one little guy (11/09).
#6 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 AM

I used to be a sling addict and had way too many. No, I did not need them all, but it was also hard to part with them. Everytime I visited The Babywearer forums I couldn't resist researching and buying something new. I loved my mei tais, but I also loved all of my other carriers for their own reasons. I have since sold off my carrier collection and now just have 3 - a Beco, a KKAFP, and a Didy. My DH has a BabyHawk mei tai and a reversible pouch I made for him from this really cool Kauffman dragon fabric. I will probably get a new ring sling from a friend who makes them and by summer will likely want a solarveil ring sling too.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#7 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 03:30 AM

the "Infantino sling" is called a sling, but its the one that looks like a big bag or purse, right? It's more like a pouch then a true ring sling???

I have an ella roo ring sling that I love and is beautiful, that I use in the froggy position, with his little legs coming out the bottom, upright on my chest. If he is awake it is real secure, and if he is alseep, it is too (sometimes I have to hold his head if he is alseep.) But otherwise I'm free enough to take my dd to her dancing class and push a shopping cart or push a child in a swing... When he is a bit bigger I'll put him in the ergo.

I would love to try a pouch sling like a kangarookorner, etc. and I used to have a mei tai, but like the ease of the ergo, and the quickness of the sling for trips and in the and out of the sling. I like that I can pretty much use any large piece of cloth as several ties like a wrap from when I had a large rap...

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#8 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM

I have a stretchy wrap which I really like. I take Leo into town each day and also use it to quieten him down before bed each night. Yes it's a bit of a hassle to get it on, but I love having him so close and so snuggly.

I have a fair bit of material so I'm going to make a mei tai, starting to cut out for a scandinavian one, I'll also make a ring sling too. But the nurse who runs the antenatal classes here does want me to teach baby wearing so seeing as I have the material I may as well knock up a couple of different types.

No idea what I'll do in summer, it gets very warm here so I'm going to have to see what is hotter, wearing a baby or pushing a push chair. I do not want to have to go to a pushchair.

Have some more practice with the strechy wrap, see if you can get the hang of it, once you can it's very easy.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#9 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 10:37 AM

I've got a Moby I bought used and a HotSling that was lent to me... the sling was nice at first, but now she just seems uncomfortable in it, and when I walk I feel like she's bouncing all over my body. I don't think I'm doing it right and I'm never really comfortable wearing it.

I LOVE the moby-- DD is so snug in there and I just tuck her in and almost forget about it. Kind of a PITA to get on and off but I'm becoming a pro! I work a bit from home and a bit from my office, and my boss is very cool about me bringing babe to meetings, etc., and it has really made that option work for me, as she sleeps so peacefully in it. Still trying to get the hang of nursing in it, but that will come. If I'm going out to run errands a lot of times I'll strap it on at home under my coat so I can just slip her into it when we get where we're going and I can avoid hauling that dreaded car seat bucket around on my arm.

The only thing that concerns me about the Moby is the Tennessee summers... it may be an indoors/ air-conditioning only carrier come July.

I am also curious about the Ergo for when she's bigger. I have a 4yo to chase as well, so a good carrier is worth its weight in gold.

Also, just re-read the OP... what sling deaths?

Mother, Wife, Worker Bee. Mama to Clara (10/05) and Ophelia (12/09)
#10 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 11:24 AM

Watch out...here come's my opinion.

I've heard that the baby bjorn puts too much pressure on their lower backs b/c their legs are hanging straight down. More than likely will need chiropractic care if they're in it a lot. Haven't done much research on it myself though...

The "pouch/slings" that look like purses seem silly...the baby's weight won't be evenly distributed. And I imagine all that elastic would just get in the way? Haven't used one though.

I have a pouch, wrap, ring sling, and ergo. I don't think I have too many...I'd actually love more b/c I'm forgetful! I'd loooove some to just keep in the car b/c I end up forgetting them at home and end up having to cut our outing short due to back pain.

Each carrier has pros and cons and works best for different situations. Long time carry - Ergo can't be beat! It goes over coats, under coats...front, hip, back. I use it for my new baby and my 2.5yo. Couldn't live without it!!!

I have a lg piece of fabric for a wrap...stretchy t-shirt material like a Moby. I use it mostly around the house, or I'll put it on before driving to my destination. Nothing gets stares like trying to put on a wrap in a parking lot It ends up being a pain in the neck for me b/c lo is peeing so often that I seem to just take her in and out and in and out. So I use it mostly for around the house if I know she'll sleep for a while.

Ring sling...the easiest for me to nurse in. CANNOT live without it. I made mine as well. Super easy to make. I have the 'original' one that Dr. Sears sells. Used to have an Over the Shoulder Baby Holder...but didn't like the padding and closed tails on those. Ring sling is my go-to sling for walking around the house when she's going to be awake or just cat-napping. Not super awesome for me in terms of long-time wearing.

Pouch sling....excellent for quick trips. I pretty much (try to) keep this one in the car. I have a new native and a hotsling (which is misplaced...grrr). I only have 2 pouches now b/c I found one at our LLL yardsale.

So I use each one for different purposes. I've made my own or gotten good deals. If I see one at a yard sale or at a good price, I go ahead and buy it to use or let a friend borrow.

Beco vs Ergo...never tried a beco but it looks less sturdy..maybe less bulky. I'd get one if I saw it at a good price. Sometimes the straps of the Ergo can seem to be a bit much, but at the same time, that makes it easy for my dh and mom to use as well.

That's my 2 cents....
#11 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have a Moby and Ergo, but the Ergo is in storage. I should be receiving my Kangaroo Korner pouch and Babyhawk Mei Tai soon.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#12 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 01:55 PM

I have a wrap I made myself.... it's just a long piece of fabric I wrap around my body, and I can have my LO either upright against me, lying down, or whatnot. It's very comfortable and was cheap, which is important to me!

We got a carrier as part of our baby shower but only DH has used it so far and her head wobbles around too much, in my opinion. I don't know what brand it is, since it's out of my vision at the moment.

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
#13 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 01:55 PM

"Kinda cool" is totally a real reason for wanting to wrap--I'm there with you!

Lots of people love their ergos (I've never tried one). I'd be more inclined to sell the Bjorn to buy a mei tai which would be better and more comfy for both you and baby. I love mei tais but I never get to wear them because I love wraps more!

I think your ergo could replace your bjorn and the frame backpack if it fits both you and dh--I'm not familiar enough to know if ergos come in different sizes or are easy to adjust!

I would wear a mei tai under winter clothes as opposed to over. I live in Florida so it's easy for me to say, but I can't imagine getting a good fit over bulky coats, and snowsuits are slippery too! You can definitely put a big coat over yourself and the baby after getting the mei tai on and button it up around baby.

Anyway, I say get the MT. My husband wears our mei tai, btw, so yours might too!

Diana, homebirthing, homeschooling, homemaking wife and mother of two (plus one more coming this Spring)!
Wrap Your Baby Comfy, versatile baby carriers and lots of wrap instruction.
Preparing to move our family of five into a motorhome and live on the road fulltime at Free Range Dreams.
#14 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 02:15 PM

I totally see how Baby Bjorns are not ergonomic but what's ironic is that I'm pretty sure H. would LOVE IT. His favorite way to be carried in arms is facing out, supported by your arm going through his legs.

I am wondering if he might enjoy a high back carry, if I got a woven wrap. He does seem to want to look around (he's been leaning back and craning his neck in his mei tai). But I feel unsure figuring out a back carry with such a little guy by myself, you know? I kind of wish there were more babywearing parents here who could show me the ropes, but it's not very common.

#15 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCattS View Post
I LOVE the moby-- DD is so snug in there and I just tuck her in and almost forget about it. Kind of a PITA to get on and off but I'm becoming a pro! I work a bit from home and a bit from my office, and my boss is very cool about me bringing babe to meetings, etc., and it has really made that option work for me, as she sleeps so peacefully in it. Still trying to get the hang of nursing in it, but that will come. If I'm going out to run errands a lot of times I'll strap it on at home under my coat so I can just slip her into it when we get where we're going and I can avoid hauling that dreaded car seat bucket around on my arm.
I'm doing lots of nursing in the wrap and hope to get some videos uploaded this week to show how I do it. Maybe it will be helpful to you.

I also put it on at home everytime I go out so dd goes straight from the carseat to the front cross carry and nurses or sleeps on our errands. It's awesome. We don't have a bucket, just a convertible and I would never want to carry one (tried that with dd1)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalemma View Post
I don't know why it's such a struggle not to get sucked into crunchy consumerism! "I need 8 carriers!" or "I need one of every organic fitted diaper!" or whatever... it's a weird thing.

... I've gotten really bothered, recently, by how much STUFF we have acquired since having the baby, and by how much STUFF I keep wanting to buy! I don't know... I'm just bothered by the clutter and my own gimme-gimme feelings, you know? I feel like sometimes I default to obsessing over acquiring things when I'm feeling stressed, so I'm trying to keep an eye on that

But - yes, I struggle with my own weird desire to acquire MORE CARRIERS, which is ridiculous and really bothers me.

Today I was (witness my greed, blech) poking around in the FSOT on thebabywearer.com forums, and people were selling 250-dollar used ring slings. I DO NOT WANT TO BE THAT CRUNCHY MOM, who treats carriers/car seats/cloth diapers as some kind of crazy baseball card-type collection. Just. Forget it.
It's nice to have lots of different carriers, although certainly not necessary. But I don't think it's a bad thing for everyone--it's only bad if it makes you feel bad (as it seems to for you) or it is really unhealthy economically or otherwise . . . IMO!

Anyway, I'd much rather have piles of pretty fabric for carrying baby (and diapering baby) than swings, bouncers, seats, cribs, playpens, strollers, etc (none of which I own). So that's how it works for me!

edited to add: I'm with you on wanting to reduce my personal consumerism, I just don't like to hear you sounding so disgusted with yourself while you struggle with it! Obviously you're a thoughtful mother and earth-inhabitant so . . . props!

Diana, homebirthing, homeschooling, homemaking wife and mother of two (plus one more coming this Spring)!
Preparing to move our family of five into a motorhome and live on the road fulltime at Free Range Dreams.
#16 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I totally see how Baby Bjorns are not ergonomic but what's ironic is that I'm pretty sure H. would LOVE IT. His favorite way to be carried in arms is facing out, supported by your arm going through his legs.

I am wondering if he might enjoy a high back carry, if I got a woven wrap. He does seem to want to look around (he's been leaning back and craning his neck in his mei tai). But I feel unsure figuring out a back carry with such a little guy by myself, you know? I kind of wish there were more babywearing parents here who could show me the ropes, but it's not very common.
Look for youtube videos of back carries with newborns to see if it looks like you'd be comfy trying it. While learning you can sit on the bed to tie him up there (so there's not far to fall and he'll bounce!) or get someone to spot you while you learn.

#17 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Yup, definitely check out YouTube for instruction videos on various carries. You can use a mei tai to do a back carry (even a high back carry) or have baby facing out. I used to have DD froggy-legged forward facing in a mei tai a lot when she was a bit older than Everett is now.

#18 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 03:26 PM

We have a moby which we used the first 4-5 weeks but haven't touched since (I hate having to wrap it on/off on top of layers when going inside/outside quickly) I also found that the materials stretch really sucks if we're out walking all day, DS slowly drops down lower and lower until we have to stop and re-tie it all which is really a pain....

I also have a ring sling I made myself which we have been using from 5-7 weeks and is awesome by DS is starting to get heavy enough that after 5-6 hours of wearing him, whichever shoulder has the weight on it is hurting

I am looking at ergos at the moment as well as BabyHawk mei tai because I want something we can do long hikes with this summer.. the ring sling is great but I need the weight to be more evenly distributed if Im going to be hiking 10-15 miles with a baby on my back..

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#19 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 03:29 PM

Diana how do you cope in summer. It gets very hot here, 95 to 105 easy in August. I currently am using a stretchy wrap (by stretchy wrap I mean length of cotton jersey my Granny IL had). Because I like the wrap I guess we'll go to a woven once he outgrows this but will it be too warm in summer?

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

#20 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

well, I broke down and ordered a babyhawk mei tai last night - I am excited for it to get here!
I had the woven wrap on today w/baby facing out then moved him to face in when he was fussy. I'd love to see how to successfully nurse in a wrap while on the go - it has never worked for me so I end up going back to the car or stopping to sit and nurse there. I know it can be done better than that but I have to practice. Usually I have the wrap pre-tied on me and start to nurse - I keep looking at the rails, etc. and winding them around my little guy's body, but he is just too long (it seems) and my boob just not so stretchy up to his mouth since he seems placed so high up.
I think I will eventually figure something out but I'd love to wow the wrap naysayers by getting everything in the right place effortlessly. In time I suppose.
Diana, I watched your videos and learned how to use my wrap - so many thanks for that! I will be waiting for your nursing ones too!

#21 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
It's nice to have lots of different carriers, although certainly not necessary. But I don't think it's a bad thing for everyone--it's only bad if it makes you feel bad (as it seems to for you) or it is really unhealthy economically or otherwise . . . IMO!

Anyway, I'd much rather have piles of pretty fabric for carrying baby (and diapering baby) than swings, bouncers, seats, cribs, playpens, strollers, etc (none of which I own). So that's how it works for me!

edited to add: I'm with you on wanting to reduce my personal consumerism, I just don't like to hear you sounding so disgusted with yourself while you struggle with it! Obviously you're a thoughtful mother and earth-inhabitant so . . . props!
I hope I didn't offend! I don't think there's anything wrong with owning high-quality things that are useful and beautiful and bring you joy.

I've just been thinking about this a lot - insofar as I'm a crunchy person, a lot of it has to do with wanting to just consume less stuff and be more conscious about what I'm supporting when I do buy things. It has been weird to have a kid and be the recipient of tremendous material generosity from people. I am very sincerely grateful that people have wanted to celebrate this baby's arrival, but it's been much harder than I expected to be minimalist and thoughtful about acquiring things! Maybe I just didn't realize that babies came with so much of their own stuff?

Thanks for the high-back carry tips! I'll see if I can get someone to spot me and try to be brave.

#22 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 04:31 PM

I wanted to love babywearing and excitedly got a Moby and a mei tai before my LO was born. But... either I am not doing it right, or my kid is not a fan of babywearing, which has been sad for his dad and me.
#23 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I cannot unlock the secrets of the maya wrap.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#24 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I hope I didn't offend! I don't think there's anything wrong with owning high-quality things that are useful and beautiful and bring you joy.

I've just been thinking about this a lot - insofar as I'm a crunchy person, a lot of it has to do with wanting to just consume less stuff and be more conscious about what I'm supporting when I do buy things. It has been weird to have a kid and be the recipient of tremendous material generosity from people. I am very sincerely grateful that people have wanted to celebrate this baby's arrival, but it's been much harder than I expected to be minimalist and thoughtful about acquiring things! Maybe I just didn't realize that babies came with so much of their own stuff?

Thanks for the high-back carry tips! I'll see if I can get someone to spot me and try to be brave.
I wasn't offended--just wanted to add my viewpoint.

I get gifted lots of baby things I don't want and which don't work for us at all, and I feel sorry that someone took the time to pick it out and gave it to us with love and it is useless. I guess that's where it's the thought that counts and I should just enjoy the love that came with it!

#25 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
Diana how do you cope in summer. It gets very hot here, 95 to 105 easy in August. I currently am using a stretchy wrap (by stretchy wrap I mean length of cotton jersey my Granny IL had). Because I like the wrap I guess we'll go to a woven once he outgrows this but will it be too warm in summer?
Babies are too hot in the summer, but I like em anyway. So, yes, wraps are hot but I wear em anyway! Mei Tais are cooler.

Woven wraps are cooler than stretchy wraps though. EllaRoo wraps are cooler than most other wovens. Gauze wraps (like Gypsymama's wrapsody wraps) are cooler than EllaRoos. I've heard linen wraps are cooler too, but haven't used them.

Of course, I go for less long walks outside in the hottest part of the year . . .

#26 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beep View Post
I wanted to love babywearing and excitedly got a Moby and a mei tai before my LO was born. But... either I am not doing it right, or my kid is not a fan of babywearing, which has been sad for his dad and me.
Have you tried different carry styles? Some babies may not like certain ones. Mine never liked cradle carries for example. DS1 always preferred facing out or being on the hip.

#27 of 56 Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 PM

in the summer when we've been in hot places (Nevada, southern California, mountains, etc.) I put baby in carrier with sun hat, light t-shirt (or naked if we're in the shade) diaper and ellaroo sling (which is thin cotton)...

I thought that the wrap I had (woven) was too hot for me and baby, and the ergo is often too hot, but hiking I'll still wear it and just a super light tank.

And beep, I second Di Linh, mine hated cradle carry, but love being up in froggy... It just takes some experimenting and trial and error.

It is easiest to try when baby is happy, fed, and not fussing... try for a few minutes, and then take baby out, (unless baby is happy and falls asleep )

It took so many tries and hits and misses before I got my ring sling down, and now I love it. I couldn't live without it. And my oldest hated being in a sling at first, too. But I think it was a combination of him picking up on my nervousness, and also putting in the wrong position.

But eventually I chilled out, and found the right positions that worked best for him and me.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#28 of 56 Old 02-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Adasmommy - I'd love to see how you nurse in a wrap. I've got stretchy material that I cut myself for a wrap and I just get lost in all the loops when I try to nurse. And I get frustrated with having to remove baby to change a diaper b/c everything gets all twisted and stretched out. Does this happen with a woven wrap? maybe I should try one of those.
#29 of 56 Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

I figured out how to nurse in the wrap! This am I made breakfast for the big guys and straightened up all with babe on boob... Very great!! I watched a youtube video which wasn't very good but did get me motivated to keep on trying.

#30 of 56 Old 02-03-2010, 03:06 PM

When I nurse sitting down in the wrap I put him in the cross bits sideways so t hat it takes some of his weight. I have seen a video of how to retie to nurse completely discretely. Although I think to be honest I can't b e bothered to retie each time.

Diana, well that's a lightbulb moment. Yeah I guess it does make sense to do everything early on when it's cooler. Last year we had weather from the sahara, one day in August it was so hot I sat outside at 5am and it was still 96, during the day it was even worse. I think I'll ask on the DIY dection of TBW for advice on linens then. I might also even go crazy and actually by a proper wrap seeing as the woven one will last longer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page