late birth story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone still interested in reading birth stories? I finally wrote the story of the birth of my Christmas baby. She was a 9 lb home water birth VBAC and it was perfect!

The story's on my blog: http://wrapyourbaby.com/blog/birth-story/

Diana, homebirthing, homeschooling, homemaking wife and mother of two (plus one more coming this Spring)!
Wrap Your Baby Comfy, versatile baby carriers and lots of wrap instruction.
Preparing to move our family of five into a motorhome and live on the road fulltime at Free Range Dreams.
#2 of 9 Old 02-02-2010, 11:11 PM

What a wonderful story, Diana. I'm so happy for your family. Thank you for sharing that.

Science-loving mama to one little guy (11/09).
#3 of 9 Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 PM

Absolutely a beautiful birth story!!!! What a lucky baby to have such a wonderful family to care for it -what joy for your family!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#4 of 9 Old 02-03-2010, 07:39 AM

What a beautiful story! My Silas was born the day after Annabelle, and he also was anterior but turned slightly. My midwife had me turn from hands and knees to my back. (Still need to write his birth story, lazy me.) Anyway, good work, mama, birthing that beautiful baby on your terms!

Ser, mama to Luke (7) and Henry (4) and gratefully welcoming a new babe in December '09
#5 of 9 Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Good job, mama! Your birth story resembles mine in many ways, though this was my first. The hands and knees position was the only way I could tolerate contractions without feeling like they were painful. And even in transition and pushing I felt they were painful and had thoughts like "we're not having any more kids" but not the whole unbearable pain everyone makes child birth out to be. I too kept Ina May's advice in the forefront of my mind (though I did vocalize in low registers as a type of release).

We had a pool and liner too and the liner kept sliding off. It drove my DH crazy, but I was so out of it that I totally didn't notice. The picture of you with your DH while pushing could have been me!

I'm so happy to hear you had such great support and such a joyous experience.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#6 of 9 Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 PM

Congratulations on a wonderful birth Diana! Ada is such a sweetheart. I LOL about the silent protest. I had the same Storch when DD was a baby!

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#7 of 9 Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Congratulations on your VBAC! Beautiful story, beautiful family. I love the pic of you peeing her in the sink.
#8 of 9 Old 02-06-2010, 08:23 PM

loved, loved, loved your story! beautiful! thanks for sharing!
#9 of 9 Old 02-08-2010, 10:23 AM

What a beautiful and well-written story! You can just feel the emotion in every word! I completely understand what you mean about your birth being liberating, mine was as well! Being at home was one of the greatest joys of my birth and I felt so free! Ada sounds like an absolute joy and she's going to be a wonderful big sister!

Thank you for sharing mama! Congratulations!

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page