Mothering Forum banner

Please read!!

5K views 40 replies 34 participants last post by  Awaken 
#1 ·
I didn't know where else to put this. On the 19th of January my dd Selah was hit by a car on the way to the school bus. She was in a coma and now she has lesions on her brain and is heavily sedated and we don't know the extent of her injuries. We are in a country were we don't speak the language and it's almost unbearable the pain we are in. All the while I'm trying to care for the baby. My milk has dried up and now I'm having to use formula. Please keep us in your prayers right now. Thank you.

#12 ·
Oh Lindsay I am so sorry you have to go through this. I hope her stay in hospital is brief. I have a medela SNS I never ended up using if you would like to supplement at the breast.

I know how awful it is to be going to ICU and waiting for brain scan results. Ask the doctors to write the prognosis down each time they give you an update. That way if you don't take everything in at the time you can have a look later and get someone to help translate.

#16 ·
Lindsay, you and your family are in my thoughts.

I have been in a similar situation (not my child but my husband). Unfortunately I can imagine how your heart is breaking right now. I can only imagine how much harder it would be to have a newborn too!

Please keep us posted, we will be praying for your sweet girl.

Hugs to you.

#22 ·
Thank you all. It's so incredibly hard to see my dd right now. She was known for how very smart she was, she always has been very bright. Now she can't look at me or talk and her body moves uncontrollably. The lesions in her brain are healing but they found yesterday that there are many lesions all over instead of the few they previously thought. Good news though, it looks like we will probably be going to Washington D.C. in the next week or two. The hospitals here just don't have the amount of care she will need. Right now I have no reason to believe that she can't recover even if it seems far fetched in the eyes of the doctors. Thank you all again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.