*o..* MEMBER SPOTLIGHT 2/3 & 2/4 - Semper_Gumby *..o* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 02-03-2010, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HOW IT WORKS:

We will ask you questions, you will answer them, or if you just have any words of wisdom or basically anything you want to share, post it here- it is YOUR thread! we will have a good time!

(participants: basically no question is off limits, so ask away- but if she doesn't feel comfortable answering, she doesn't have to!)

These first few basic questions so we can all remember who you are!
Name:
DDC Baby's Name:
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy was this for you?:
Hobbies/Interests:
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself:

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#2 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ack! I'm just now seeing this.

Name: Brittany -- family calls me Britt
Location: Atlanta until either mid April or mid May. DH returns home from Afghanistan and then it's back to NC.
DDC Baby's Name: Henry Allen Greyson
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH is Mark. We have two girls, Grace and Evangeline and our first born son Duncan.

What number pregnancy was this for you?: #4
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, reading, writing, debating, movies (huge movie buff), and hanging out on mdc.
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself: I enjoy getting inked. I actually really like the feeling. Except for the tattoos on my feet. Those hurt.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#3 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Is your DH in the marines? Is that why your screen name is Semper_Gumby?

How long have you been married?

How did you meet DH?

We will need to get together before you guys leave Atlanta.

#4 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 05:46 AM

PAK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinmom View Post

Is your DH in the marines? Is that why your screen name is Semper_Gumby?
He is! I've thought about changing my screen name. I'm sort of 'done' with it.

How long have you been married? 7 years in June.

How did you meet DH? We met on AOL.

We will need to get together before you guys leave Atlanta. Definitely! I'm so going to miss it when we leave. If there was a base here I'd love to stay put.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#5 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tell me about your tattooes... where and what are they?

(the one under my belly button hurt, but I too sort of like the feeling. Then again, I didn't think labor was so bad).

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#6 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 02:17 PM

What is Duncan's story?
#7 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

What base in NC are you guys going back to? Camp Lejeune?

#8 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 PM

I love getting inked, too! It feels so cool... but I like getting blood drawn too and got my tongue pierced just to see what it felt like! LOL!

What kind of movies do you like? My DP is a HUGE movie buff too (I call him a walking IMDB...).

What kind of photography do you do? What equipment do you have/use? What is your very favorite thing to photograph?

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

#9 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 05:05 PM

i have a foot tattoo, too.

Your DH rocks for being in Afghanistan.

What are your favorite movies?

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#10 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 05:12 PM

How did you imagine your life to be now 10 years ago, and where do you think you'll be 10 years from now

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#11 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post
Tell me about your tattooes... where and what are they?

(the one under my belly button hurt, but I too sort of like the feeling. Then again, I didn't think labor was so bad).

I have 10 and have plans for several more. My first I got when I was 16. It's a tribal on my lower back. Pretty decent size. I have rose on the back of my neck and a Japanese love symbol on the right side of my pelvis that is completely trashed from pregnancies. I have lat/long coordinates of where my girls were born on the inside of my right forearm and MGRS (military) coordinates of where Duncan was born. Still have to get Henry's done. I have a support the troops ribbon just above my left ankle and one that says 'faith' in Telugu in the inside of my left wrist. Duncan's foot prints are on top of my feet and I have another memorial tattoo on the top of my left forearm. That's the most recent. I had just had more work done on it about a day or two before getting my BFP.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ncantattoo.jpg

I really like the foot tattoos because of what they symbolize, but they need to be retouched. The ink didn't take in certain areas.

#12 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM

What is Duncan's story?

We lost our beautiful Duncan at 35 weeks. He went into congestive heart failure due to the severe heart and pulmonary defects he had that were associated with Down Syndrome. As the OB put it, his situation was "worst case scenario."

We're at New River. It's the Air Station, about 10-15 minutes from Lejeune. We'll be going back and will hopefully get orders to a new duty station soon after. We're hoping for San Diego. I miss home.

What kind of movies do you like? My DP is a HUGE movie buff too (I call him a walking IMDB...).

I love IMDB. I visit the boards a lot. Action, thriller, fantasy and sci fi are my favorite genres. I grew up on action and sci fi movies. I also like a good disaster movie.

Gladiator, Braveheart, Alien, Aliens, Terminator 1&2, Kill Bill Vol. 1&2, Matrix triology, LOTR, Serenity, Batman Begins, TDK, Die Hard movies, Blade Runner. Any movie that is typically seen as a 'guy' movie.

What kind of photography do you do? What equipment do you have/use? What is your very favorite thing to photograph?

I have a Nikon D90 and Nikon F100 (35mm). I've sold some lenses to get new ones. I'm not really doing much now. Don't really feel motivated or inspired lately. I used to photograph my girls a lot. I actually prefer 35mm B&W, but it can get expensive and I sometimes forget to send out my film to get developed. lol

Besides the ones I listed above, Avatar is right up there. Totally awesome movie experience. Totally heart James Cameron.

How did you imagine your life to be now 10 years ago, and where do you think you'll be 10 years from now

I figured I'd be married with children. At 15 I didn't really think too far ahead. I'm sure we'll have at least one new addition and DH will be close to retiring in 10 years. I want to complete a degree program or two by then.

#13 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 06:43 PM

How did you find MDC?

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#14 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post
How did you find MDC?
I read about it on breastfeeding.com shortly after having DD1.

#15 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Gumby View Post

We're at New River. It's the Air Station, about 10-15 minutes from Lejeune. We'll be going back and will hopefully get orders to a new duty station soon after. We're hoping for San Diego. I miss home.

I love IMDB. I visit the boards a lot. Action, thriller, fantasy and sci fi are my favorite genres. I grew up on action and sci fi movies. I also like a good disaster movie.

Gladiator, Braveheart, Alien, Aliens, Terminator 1&2, Kill Bill Vol. 1&2, Matrix triology, LOTR, Serenity, Batman Begins, TDK, Die Hard movies, Blade Runner. Any movie that is typically seen as a 'guy' movie.

I have a Nikon D90 and Nikon F100 (35mm). I've sold some lenses to get new ones. I'm not really doing much now. Don't really feel motivated or inspired lately. I used to photograph my girls a lot. I actually prefer 35mm B&W, but it can get expensive and I sometimes forget to send out my film to get developed. lol

Besides the ones I listed above, Avatar is right up there. Totally awesome movie experience. Totally heart James Cameron.

I figured I'd be married with children. At 15 I didn't really think too far ahead. I'm sure we'll have at least one new addition and DH will be close to retiring in 10 years. I want to complete a degree program or two by then.
I read Duncan's story on the Loss Board awhile back. So heartbreaking.

So you are originally from San Diego? I'd take San Diego over New River too. The humidity in the New River/Camp Lejeune area is unbearable (and I've been an East Coaster most of my life). I spent a month in July at Camp Lejeune several years ago. The humidity nearly killed me.

I love sci-fi/fantasy movies too. I'm so jealous you got to see Avatar. I want to see it soooo bad! It opened after Everett was born and by the time I was ready to go out, Everett was passed the stage of sleeping for 2-3 hours. I didn't want to go and have everyone get mad at me for having a fussy baby.

So are you guys aiming for 4 live children as well? The next one of yours will probably be lucky enough to be born in a state where homebirth is legal. Won't it be nice to have insurance pay for it?

#16 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinmom View Post
I read Duncan's story on the Loss Board awhile back. So heartbreaking.

So you are originally from San Diego? I'd take San Diego over New River too. The humidity in the New River/Camp Lejeune area is unbearable (and I've been an East Coaster most of my life). I spent a month in July at Camp Lejeune several years ago. The humidity nearly killed me.

I love sci-fi/fantasy movies too. I'm so jealous you got to see Avatar. I want to see it soooo bad! It opened after Everett was born and by the time I was ready to go out, Everett was passed the stage of sleeping for 2-3 hours. I didn't want to go and have everyone get mad at me for having a fussy baby.

So are you guys aiming for 4 live children as well? The next one of yours will probably be lucky enough to be born in a state where homebirth is legal. Won't it be nice to have insurance pay for it?
I SO do not like Jacksonville. No way I wanted to stay there for 12 months while DH was away. Hate it there. The humidity is awful. I'm a total city girl.

I was 11 when we moved to SD. That's where my mom is from and most of her family lives there. That's where I met DH. It was his first duty station.

Have you tried going to the drive-in? I LOVE the drive-in. We went all the time in SD. Only way we could see a movie without going separately. There's a drive-in here.

#17 of 17 Old 02-05-2010, 05:16 PM

I love your girls' names!

What kind of support do you have while your dh is away? I forget- was he able to be there for Henry's birth?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page