*o..* MEMBER SPOTLIGHT 2/5 & 2/6 - yentroc *..o* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HOW IT WORKS:

We will ask you questions, you will answer them, or if you just have any words of wisdom or basically anything you want to share, post it here- it is YOUR thread! we will have a good time!

(participants: basically no question is off limits, so ask away- but if she doesn't feel comfortable answering, she doesn't have to!)

These first few basic questions so we can all remember who you are!
Name:
DDC Baby's Name:
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy was this for you?:
Hobbies/Interests:
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself:

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 PM

Name: Cortney
DDC Baby's Name: Griffin
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH Sam, DD Ainsley (will be 5 in March) and sadly no furbabies. We had two dogs that died within the past two years. They were our first babies. They were old girls...

What number pregnancy was this for you?: #3 (1 m/c before dd)

Occupation: Chiropractor, my main interest is pediatrics and pregnant women. I'm currently not practicing, hope to get back to a very part time practice when Griffin is a bit bigger.

Hobbies/Interests: Health/wellness, nutrition, baking (these days its all gluten free baking, my dd is gluten intolerant), meditation (no time these days!), hiking, reading.

Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself: I have two little sisters and they each married a best friend of my husband. So we have 3 sisters married to 3 best friends. We're a close family!

mumma to sweet 7 year old girl
and darling 2 year old guy

Old 02-06-2010, 12:33 AM

that is so cool that you are close to your sisters and husbands. My Dh was a friend of my brother's in high school, and I was friends with his brother and his brother's wife. It is a lot of fun (although his brother lives further away from us to see often).

Anyways, enough 'bout me...

Do you make your own gluten free flour or use a mix?

Where is your favorite place to hike?

What kind of meditation do you (when you have time) practice?

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 02-06-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel23 View Post

Do you make your own gluten free flour or use a mix?

Where is your favorite place to hike?

What kind of meditation do you (when you have time) practice?
I started with gf mixes but now I make my own mixes. My favorite all purpose mix is 2 parts brown rice flour, 1 part each sweet rice and tapioca flours.

I have lots of favorite places to hike! There are so many around here! My absolute favorite is Mt. Rainier Nat'l Park but that isn't so close. There are a lot of good day hikes around the Seattle area.

I LOVE Mindfulness Practice. I love Jon Kabat-Zinn. And there is a great book that is called Mindful Motherhood by Cassandra Vieten that I'm reading and rereading right now, so I can be reminded to use Mindfulness in my daily life with a baby.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:29 PM

sounds like a good book!

Cool about your sisters and their husbands! Did you all grow up in the same area?

How did you decide to pursue chiropractic?

What other jobs have you had in your life?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

I had to do gf cooking for a few years. Your gf flour mix is similar to mine. I used sorghum flour and potato starch instead.

How did you and DH meet?

How long have you been married?

What type of dogs did you have?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
sounds like a good book!

Cool about your sisters and their husbands! Did you all grow up in the same area?

How did you decide to pursue chiropractic?

What other jobs have you had in your life?
We were all teenagers in the same area and were a part of a large group of friends.

My mom was a massage therapist when I was growing up and she worked for a female chiropractor, I was 15 at the time and thought it would be a really cool profession. Then I got intimidated by how much school there was (pre-med plus 5 years graduate school) and forgot about it. Once I was in college, I revisited the idea and just really loved the chiropractic philosophy of holistic health and wanted to help people so I just registered for those classes and plugged along until I finished!

I've had all sorts of jobs, lots of office work/receptionist boring stuff. I think the most unique job I had as a teenager was working at a food stand at a car race track selling nachos and hot dogs.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinmom View Post
I had to do gf cooking for a few years. Your gf flour mix is similar to mine. I used sorghum flour and potato starch instead.

How did you and DH meet?

How long have you been married?

What type of dogs did you have?
DH and I met at a party but were friends of friends. I actually knew his ex-girlfriend who suggested at one time that he ask me out. When he realized it was me he said, "oh you're the girl I was supposed to ask out!"

We've been married almost 10 years (in March!). But we've been together 16 years!!

We had pit bull mixes and they were the sweetest girls. It's an unfortunate thing that pits were raised to fight and now have such a bad reputation. They are inherently good dogs and will respond to how you raise them. I wouldn't, however, own pit bulls again. They are great with families, including kids but you have to be really careful with other dogs. Plus. I hated that so many people were afraid of my dogs.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yentroc View Post
DH and I met at a party but were friends of friends. I actually knew his ex-girlfriend who suggested at one time that he ask me out. When he realized it was me he said, "oh you're the girl I was supposed to ask out!"

We've been married almost 10 years (in March!). But we've been together 16 years!!

We had pit bull mixes and they were the sweetest girls. It's an unfortunate thing that pits were raised to fight and now have such a bad reputation. They are inherently good dogs and will respond to how you raise them. I wouldn't, however, own pit bulls again. They are great with families, including kids but you have to be really careful with other dogs. Plus. I hated that so many people were afraid of my dogs.
My DH and I have known each other since we were kids too. We celebrated 16 years this past November. I know what you mean about pit bulls. A good friend of mine owns them and says the same thing.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How do you think you are going to approach your career in the coming months and years with 2 kids? Do you think you will have more?

I too really like what I do, but it's also important to me to BF and be there for my babies (though past a certain age, DH will take over as the primary stay at home parent). Just wondering how you were handling this...

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
Old 02-07-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post
How do you think you are going to approach your career in the coming months and years with 2 kids? Do you think you will have more?

I too really like what I do, but it's also important to me to BF and be there for my babies (though past a certain age, DH will take over as the primary stay at home parent). Just wondering how you were handling this...
Oh boy, it's tough. Luckily in my profession I can dictate what hours I work and can work very part time. I worked 3 half days a week when dd was smaller. But being a working mom is tough because no one gets all of you. Dd didn't have me all the time and neither did my patients (scheduling was difficult for some because my hours were so limited)

I had planned on returning to work this spring, but because I don't have a practice to go back to (long story...involving leases) I may stretch it out for a bit. It's definitely going to be more challenging with two kids who have very different schedules, I'm not sure how it will work.

And, we're finished having kids at two kids.

User Tag List