Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Di Linh & Everett

Baby's age: 10 weeks on Tuesday.

Milestones/Updates: Just growing, growing, growing. I finally received some much needed medium dipes in the mail. I was trying to get as much use out of the smalls as I could. Everett had constant plumber's butt.

Thoughts: Time is just going by too fast. Everett is such a big boy already and changing so much each week. I am not prepared. I pre-bought clothes for the wrong size/season. I originally bought all 3-6 months spring clothes and 6-12 summer. Now it seems I will need 6-12 month spring clothes. The poor baby had to wear tight clothes for weeks because I couldn't bring myself to buy bigger winter clothes. It got to the point I couldnt even squeeze his arms through the sleeves and the pants wouldn't pull up. Now that he finally has 3-6 month winter clothes, he will likely outgrow the size within the month as he is already on the upper end of the recommended weight/height per the tags. DOH! Guess those 3-6 month spring clothes will be going to consignment or Ebay.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
Old 02-08-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinmom View Post
Name: Di Linh & Everett

Baby's age: 10 weeks on Tuesday.

Milestones/Updates: Just growing, growing, growing. I finally received some much needed medium dipes in the mail. I was trying to get as much use out of the smalls as I could. Everett had constant plumber's butt.

Thoughts: Time is just going by too fast. Everett is such a big boy already and changing so much each week. I am not prepared. I pre-bought clothes for the wrong size/season. I originally bought all 3-6 months spring clothes and 6-12 summer. Now it seems I will need 6-12 month spring clothes. The poor baby had to wear tight clothes for weeks because I couldn't bring myself to buy bigger winter clothes. It got to the point I couldnt even squeeze his arms through the sleeves and the pants wouldn't pull up. Now that he finally has 3-6 month winter clothes, he will likely outgrow the size within the month as he is already on the upper end of the recommended weight/height per the tags. DOH! Guess those 3-6 month spring clothes will be going to consignment or Ebay.
LOL....he is so cute. I had a good laugh just imagining that. Poor guy! I have no idea what it's like to have a chunky baby, Orin is just perfectly fitting into 0-3 month clothes now lol. He's so slender.

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:06 PM

Name: Sara and Orin

Baby's age: 9 weeks 2 days

Milestones/Updates: He's starting to roll from his back to his side. Slowly growing....lol. I actually can't think of much else at the moment, boring I know.

Thoughts: My parents came over this weekend and we had a great visit. It's almost worse having those two over than a bunch of kids though I swear lol. They are the two biggest party animals ever. Anyway, we had an awesome time and they took a bunch of really nice pictures of us. I've been in a great mood all week, prolly has something to do with the fact that we haven't gone to visit the IL's for awhile.

We are buying a carrier this week....I'm totally excited. Valentines day is coming up and my birthday! February is the best month haha. Anyway, Orin is crying trying to tell me I need to get off the computer and give him my undivided attention.

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Name: Cloud and Nimbus

Baby's age: 11 weeks, 2 days

Milestones/Updates: My little boy is all rolly-polly! He's still working very hard on figuring out how to get from his tummy to his back, but he can roll from side to back to side to back quite handily. He often stretches his hands and feet up in the air, rounding his back, and rocks around as he wiggles under his mobile.

Speaking of mobiles, the favorite mobile has fallen out of favor, and now he's more interested in the slightly calmer one that turns and plays music. Maybe as his vision is improving, the high contrast patterns on the original favorite are getting too stimulating, because he'll occasionally enjoy being under it, but more often get into an argument with one pattern or another. Or maybe it was time for a change.

He's quite into being read to, having poetry recited to him and being sung to now. When he's extra energetic, he seems to expect a poem or a song performance every time I change his diaper now. At 85 diapers a week, that's a lot of showtimes! He'll usually settle for just being grinned at in the middle of the night. I've gone from not being able to find a good time to read him a book where he'd pay attention to reading him two or three a day.

Finally, finally, his thrush looks better, just as of today. It's down to a thick stripe in the middle of his tongue, a little lighter growth on either side, and nothing on the sides of the tongue, where the yeast had been starting to spread by the end of our try of Nystatin. So the Diflucan is working on both of us. I'm feeling a lot better today, too, though not completely good yet. He has three more doses of Diflucan to get, so depending on how things go I'll probably be calling the doc on Thursday to see if he needs to stay on just a little longer to make sure it clears up completely. I don't want to give him any more of the stuff than what's absolutely necessary, but it's taken two and a half weeks on the stuff for me, so our yeasties seem to take awhile to go away. I want to make sure we get rid of this and don't have to go through a full course of the stuff again.

We have had some AWESOME poos this weekend. LAKES of poo. Just utterly amazing. He's not dehydrated and is peeing plenty, so I'm not too concern. I'm wondering if these are the "drool stools" I've heard about, or maybe the medicine he's taken/yeast dying off.

I can see teeth through his gums on the top. They're still high up, but very visible. There may be some on the bottom, too, but he won't let me get a look at them. Anyway, the drool/fist chomping/etc. does seem to be early teething in his case, though I doubt we'll see them for a long time.

He's getting pretty good at self soothing by sucking on his fingers. Those fingers are buying me some extra time right now to finish writing this.

Thoughts: I'm disturbed at how quickly I've gone from "I don't want to think about doing this again for at least a year, and even then, I'm not so sure I'll want to" to "I'd like to have another newborn" to "I'm really looking forward to giving birth and being pregnant again!" My self from 2 1/2 months ago would like to stage an intervention for my current self. Like I told DH, it really was the best and most amazing thing I've ever done, bringing this little guy into the world, and I'm looking forward to doing it a second time with some experience under my belt and knowing what I want to do differently or pay more attention to next time.

He's just so cute and sweet and cuddly, and I'm really enjoying him now. It really is falling in love...that's the only other time I can think of where people just stare into each other's eyes and make each other smile, only Nimbus and I can do it for ten minutes straight, renewing our smiles over and over and over.

I have a new mom's group starting this week. I know it will be great to go to, because I want to meet other moms in my neighborhood and make some friends for us going forward into his more active months, but I really, really don't feel like getting out the door that early in the morning with my night owl baby.

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I pre-bought clothes for the wrong size/season. I originally bought all 3-6 months spring clothes and 6-12 summer. Now it seems I will need 6-12 month spring clothes.
I'm worried that it won't be warm enough for some of his 3-6 month sized stuff that I bought even after he was born. He grew out of his newborn clothes so slowly, but he's growing into his 0-3 month wardrobe a lot faster, it seems. Though with Nimbus it's the length that gets us. He's somehow slender and chubby at the same time...how does that work? I hope he'll have opportunities to wear some of his short sleeved/legged clothes. The weather ranges pretty widely here from week to week, so there's hope.

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbutterfly View Post
it really was the best and most amazing thing I've ever done, bringing this little guy into the world, and I'm looking forward to doing it a second time with some experience under my belt and knowing what I want to do differently or pay more attention to next time.
Yeah, we definitely want another one (since i am 34, probably in the next couple of years) and I'll be happy to know what to expect of the experience and of myself. This time around I grossly overestimated what I'd be able to do and either failed miserably or was pretty tired and stressed out.

Cloud - Glad your thrush is going away. I managed to get rid of ours with the probiotics, GSE, vinegar and Gentian Violet. But I screwed up and put too much on the last day of GV and burned the skin off my nipples and around Rassa's lips. At least the thrush is gone. Nursing was excruciating for a few days though.

Di Linh - wow, that's a big baby! Rassa is just growing out of her newborn clothes and just broke 10 pounds. She is fat though, fat and short.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Name: Mana and Rassa

Baby's age: 2 months tomorrow!

Milestones/Updates: She smiles and coos. She acknowledges the existence of her toys. And I can put her down for 5-10 minutes at a time, sometimes as much as 20 minutes. Our thrush is done and she seems to be normally gassy and fussy, not the uber bad version. I managed to oil and rub and pick most of her heavy duty craddle cap off (which spread all over her head after the ezcema hit her face). Ezcema is gone. She's small and fat. When do they stop clawing the hell out of their face?

Thoughts: I'm still on an elimination diet but in my sleep deprived fugue that passes for consciousness, I've been taking a vitamin D that has soy in it... great. I went to a homeopathic ped last week who basically just told me to do what I am doing. Still wondering why I paid $90 for that. I guess I got professional affirmation...

Sometimes, when I am really tired and feeling fried because I have a squirming baby and I'm reading student paper drafts, I want to run into the kitchen and stuff chocolate and cheese into my mouth before anyone or anything can stop me.

In order to be able to work (I can get about 3 hours of work done every 5 hours), I lay her on the brestfriend and basically let her sleep and suck. She does this for about 2 hours at a time, at which time we take a break and play and change her diaper and walk around. then we settle into another stretch where mama works and Rassa nurses and dozes. It's the only way I can get work done.

The last of our family visiting from out of town left. That concludes 5 weeks of visitors in the last 8 weeks in our small apartment. We never want visitors again. It was good because the prospect of taking care of Rassa and working seem manageable and even desireable now. Anything to have my own space back.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:30 AM

oh no Di Linh! I hate it when I buy something ahead of time and then it just doesn't work like that... It will be fun to sell and buy new baby clothes, though!

I think here we're going to wear pretty much what Nico is wearing through spring-- cotton footed sleepers, cotton pants and a long sleeved onsie, wool. Maybe babylegs if it is cool at the park...

Summer wardrobe will consist of a cloth diaper, wool shorties/or soaker and a shirt, mostly. I do like the little crotch snapping rompers... but I don't really like the baby shorts.

So it's about 2 wardrobes, and summer is not really a wardrobe, per se. But it will be cool here until June at least... And our park on our street has HUGE trees that keep it pretty cool even if it is hot, so I think we'll luck out on the outfit front.

I'm glad to hear all the yeast is clearing up for all the mamas and the babies... yea!

And I'm glad you got to hang with the family, Sara!

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 AM

Name: carmel y Nico

Baby's age: 2 months (woa, months!) on Friday

Milestones/Updates: Nico has been rolling over from his belly to his back for awhile now, but does it more often. But its so cute to watch because its like a total shock to him when he suddenly finds himself on his back! He likes to "stand" in my lap--when I hold under his arms. He is a strong little man.

He totally 'talks' and coos, he loves to sit and watch his bros and sis. I set him up in the middle of our bed in his chair while I pumped milk and he totally cracked up.... I don't know if it was just sitting in a different place or the pump, but he thought it was very amusing.

Thoughts: I need to pump more milk for daddy to feed the baby. He had his first bottle today and dh said he loved it. And no fussy baby when I returned--he was super mellow. My DD hated bottles and cried for hours after she had one, so we just never gave her one after that. I love nursing, but I also love being able to fulfill my volunteer gigs or get a haircut (this weekend, woopie!) or you know... just go out spontaneously.

So I need to build some stock in the freezer... I swear that a really good breast pump was such a good investment when I had my first... it is still going strong, almost nine years later!

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 02-09-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Sometimes, when I am really tired and feeling fried because I have a squirming baby and I'm reading student paper drafts, I want to run into the kitchen and stuff chocolate and cheese into my mouth before anyone or anything can stop me.
I actually do stuff chocolate and cheese into my mouth which is awesome and the reason why the last 8lbs is sticking happily I'm sure..

Name: Addie and Linos

Baby's age: 8 weeks

Milestones/Updates: We decided to give up on the CDing at night. The bed and DS clothing was getting totally soaked every single night, so we started to use disposables until we can find a CD which will work.. . . Everything and anything we tried with the FBs did not make them work for night wearing.. So now we're using the FBs for day and going to try other brands now for night wearing Any suggestions?

Thoughts: I am getting my hair cut Thursday and next Tuesday we leave to visit my family for 2 weeks . I cannot wait to see them, have some supportive/healthy-relationship family, have my parents finally meet DS and have someone else to hold the baby for us now and then

I have been making it a priority to get out everyday and get a little exercise, even if its just 20 mins. Its been a HUGE help with my PPD/anxiety and body image. I am hoping I can keep it up.. now that we know DS takes a bottles from DH, I can pump and run- quiet literally!

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

Old 02-09-2010, 04:41 PM

Name: Beth & Ciaran

Baby's age: 5 weeks yesterday

Milestones/Updates: He is starting to smile consistently now and makes more little noises every day, which I LOVE! He is getting big, too. Over 13 pounds now and growing more every day. He is really strong and pushes up onto his elbows while he is on his belly and can roll from his back to his side. I have to make some more diapers but it is tough to sew with my velcro baby that I can't ever put down. DS1 was just like this, too. DD was so content to just hang out next to me but the boys seem to have other plans! I have 2 very needy boys! LOL!

Thoughts: I'm trying not to have thoughts! LOL! There is still so much going on here. We're still working on getting into our new house and closing has been pushed back 4 times now due to some issues with the inspection and repairs that had to be done. We should have closed 2 weeks ago and now it is looking like we won't close till the end of March, if we can resolve these problems and we get to close at all! Ugh! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

We are all finally getting over the flu, which was horrible! We all had it, though Ciaran only ended up with some minor congestion and a low grade fever. DS1 and I had it the worst and ended up needing meds for sinus and ear infections. Yuck! We're on the upswing now, which we are grateful for!

We're finally getting into a routine with the new baby and the other kids. It is nice, actually. They really adore him, which is so cute! The evening routine is still a little crazy but it is working. Bedtime is just starting to come together and become predictable, after a few weeks of effort. I LOVE being a mom again and having a newborn around. I'm tired and all the usual stuff, but he makes it so worth it!

On a side note: My divorce is FINALLY FINISHED!!! Yay!! I went back into court when Ciaran was 2 weeks old with all of my paperwork in place and I had the same judge that refused to divorce me while I was pregnant. He REFUSED AGAIN!! All over missing one little form that was the equivalent of dotting and "i" and crossing a "t." I was so upset that I burst into tears. Six hours in court with a brand new baby and still nothing! The court clerk was very kind and arranged to get me in front of a different judge who granted the divorce without a problem!! YAYYYY!!! It is FINALLY over... I feel like having a party! It is such a relief.

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

Old 02-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithappened View Post
Milestones/Updates: We decided to give up on the CDing at night. The bed and DS clothing was getting totally soaked every single night, so we started to use disposables until we can find a CD which will work.. . . Everything and anything we tried with the FBs did not make them work for night wearing.. So now we're using the FBs for day and going to try other brands now for night wearing Any suggestions?
What were you stuffing your FB's with at night? Sometimes you need a LOT of stuffing for a very heavy wetter. With DS1 I stuffed FB's with a prefold with 2 microfiber inserts folded inside. Even at 2 that would keep him dry overnight and he was a super soaker!

This time I've been stuffing the FB's with 3 microfiber inserts and changing him around 2am when I do his first nighttime feeding. That seems to be working so far. You can also put a pair of light wool pants or a soaker over the FB's to keep the sheets dry. I keep a towel under Ciaran to keep the leaks off the sheets, though it usually my milk leaking more than his diapers! LOL!

Also, are you having problems with the FB's leaking during the day? If so, you might have a buildup on the fleece and then you'd need to strip them. It sounds more like an absorbency issue though. They do need a lot of stuffing to go all night. Hope this helps!

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 PM

8 weeks, 3 days today.

We are totally snowed in here! We got 2 1/2 feet, and are getting another foot today! I've taken some long walks in the snow, which has been a great workout and has really lifted my spirits. Otherwise, we've been completely housebound for days, and will be for several more days.

I have no idea how big she is, but I can tell she's a lot bigger, fits well into her newborn clothes now instead of being a curled up ball inside! And as of yesterday, she fits into size small fuzzibunz so that's big- just a couple weeks ago they were huge on her.

We have somewhat of a pattern- she sleeps well from about 10-2 or 3 or 4am, is restless until I get up at 7, then sleeps peacefully usually for another hour or so. Then she's really smiley and happy and content for a while, then sleeps, then it's all over the place for the rest of the day, with a fussy evening!

I laugh reading about your babies rolling over...I have no idea if she can roll over, she's never gotten a chance to try! She is carried all the time unless I can put her down asleep (RARE!) or toted with us in the moby to all of our activities! My other babies had plenty of floor time and tummy time, but she never has yet! The house is just too messy, covered in dog hair I don't have time to vacuum, and I have to protect her from DS2 who is obsessed with her! And she's never played with toys! She just gets to observe life going on around her! And she is never read to, but is with us as I do all of DS1's schoolwork, so hopefully she'll be advanced! LOL I remember so well playing with rattles and reading books to DS1, and his first bath being a huge event with video and pictures, and it's so different with her!

Oh, and I'm happy to report that we finally did get a chance to DTD and everything is in working order (heee hee I love that smilie!) I am so relieved! Don't know when we'll ever get another chance though!

We made a discovery, or dh did- instead of having her with me while I watch tv at night, fussing the whole time while I try to relax, he actually put her to bed at 7 and she slept much better! I could kind of tell she was asking to be put to bed, but after putting the other 2 to bed I am just too lazy to do a 3rd bedtime routine!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel23 View Post
oh no Di Linh! I hate it when I buy something ahead of time and then it just doesn't work like that... It will be fun to sell and buy new baby clothes, though!
I usually shop pre-baby because I don't ever get around to doing much shopping after my babies are born. I'm really bummed about a few outfits I have from Janie & Jack. I rarely shop there despite working for Gymboree because it is sooo expensive. I got a few spring/summer outfits from there that I really just had to have and unfortunately I bought them in 3-6 months.

Quote:
I laugh reading about your babies rolling over...I have no idea if she can roll over, she's never gotten a chance to try! She is carried all the time unless I can put her down asleep (RARE!) or toted with us in the moby to all of our activities! My other babies had plenty of floor time and tummy time, but she never has yet! The house is just too messy, covered in dog hair I don't have time to vacuum, and I have to protect her from DS2 who is obsessed with her! And she's never played with toys! She just gets to observe life going on around her! And she is never read to, but is with us as I do all of DS1's schoolwork, so hopefully she'll be advanced! LOL I remember so well playing with rattles and reading books to DS1, and his first bath being a huge event with video and pictures, and it's so different with her!
Everett is rarely put down too. He pretty much gets put down occasionally when I try to eat without him on me and DH can't hold him either, for pictures, and at night (with me laying right next to him or else he wakes). He gets maybe a total of 15 minutes of tummy time for the entire week. Gavin got much more tummy time than Evie and Everett, and yet he still didn't roll over until 3 months. When he did, it was both ways at once. FWIW, Evie was never put down until she was 7-8 months old and then it was only for 10 minutes when I was right next to her (or else she'd scream). She was running by 9 months old. Can't stop biological programming regardless of what you do or don't do. Subsequent kids never get the undivided attention and time the first child gets. I haven't even bothered trying to read to Everett. He's certainly not interested in any toys. I'm sure our kids will be advanced anyway.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
I think this babe is determined to roll over no matter what. I hardly ever put him down or he screams bloody murder. He has almost suceeded in rolling over twice and once was because I was *trying* to take pictures of him... which usually results in a meltdown unless he is in someone's arms. The other was with my mom while I was taking a shower. She likes to sneak in floor time because she thinks I carry him too much. At least that is more floor time than DS1 ever got... and he was flat out running by 9 months. DD LOVED the floor and hung out there a lot... and she wasn't really even walking until 16 months.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvanaRose View Post
Thoughts: My parents came over this weekend and we had a great visit. It's almost worse having those two over than a bunch of kids though I swear lol. They are the two biggest party animals ever. Anyway, we had an awesome time and they took a bunch of really nice pictures of us. I've been in a great mood all week, prolly has something to do with the fact that we haven't gone to visit the IL's for awhile.

We are buying a carrier this week....I'm totally excited. Valentines day is coming up and my birthday! February is the best month haha. Anyway, Orin is crying trying to tell me I need to get off the computer and give him my undivided attention.
Sara: Gavin was only 12 lbs 6 oz and 23.5 inches at his 2 month appointment. I think at that point he was just moving into 3-6 month clothes. Everett has him beat by 2 lbs and 1 whole inch. Although that is still smaller than Evie who was over 15 lbs at her 2 month appointment. She was fat! LOL I'm glad you got to spend more time with your family. I'm sure not seeing the in-laws for awhile does help reduce stress. I felt the same way about mine years ago. I think it will be really good for you guys if DH's job relocates you to Seattle. So, which carrier are you buying?

Quote:
I think this babe is determined to roll over no matter what. I hardly ever put him down or he screams bloody murder. He has almost suceeded in rolling over twice and once was because I was *trying* to take pictures of him... which usually results in a meltdown unless he is in someone's arms. The other was with my mom while I was taking a shower. She likes to sneak in floor time because she thinks I carry him too much. At least that is more floor time than DS1 ever got... and he was flat out running by 9 months. DD LOVED the floor and hung out there a lot... and she wasn't really even walking until 16 months.
Yup, I think genetics has a lot more to do with baby's milestones. Your DS1 was like my DD. Gavin was more independent and was usually on the floor. He crawled early at 5 months, but wouldn't take his first steps until 2 days after his birthday. Even then it took him until 14 months before he would walk regularly and not crawl anymore.

Ithappened: You'll have to post pictures of your new do. I would recommend a very absorbant fitted diaper and cover for a heavy wetter. Wool covers work really well for night-time. You can also try the pull up fleece style covers. I hear Thirsties covers are good for night-time as well.

Some good night-time fitted diapers I can think of off the top of my head are (a lot of these WAHMs are also on Etsy and will do customs if you contact them):

Zany Zebras Designs - http://hyenacart.com/ZanyZebraDesigns/

Holden's Landing (Bed Bugs) - http://hyenacart.com/HoldensLanding/

Sustainable Babyish (bamboo fleece) - http://hyenacart.com/sustainablebabyish/

The Cloth Canoe (Twilight Canoe nightime diapers; makes customs) - http://hyenacart.com/TheClothCanoe/

My Diaper Addiction (I'm actually getting one from her sometime this week) -http://hyenacart.com/MyDiaperAddiction/

Drool Bucket Baby Diapers (Cuddlebuns) - http://hyenacart.com/droolbucketbaby/index.php?c=9

Nana's Bottoms (I absolutely love these, very absorbant, we have 3 so far) - http://hyenacart.com/nanasbottoms/index.php?c=18

Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post

In order to be able to work (I can get about 3 hours of work done every 5 hours), I lay her on the brestfriend and basically let her sleep and suck. She does this for about 2 hours at a time, at which time we take a break and play and change her diaper and walk around. then we settle into another stretch where mama works and Rassa nurses and dozes. It's the only way I can get work done.
Jealous! I too am trying to work from home but it's been challenging. Avett - who is also about 2 months - used to do the nurse thing while I was at the computer, but he's becoming a more efficient nurser and interested in looking around and stuff, rather than dozing. I can get about 1 hr of work done every 5 hrs! It's killing me, I swear.

Thank god daddy goes on paternity leave next week!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 AM

Name: Gimme Pineapple & Chubby Puppy

Baby's age: 7 weeks today

Milestones/Updates: Cooing. Maybe I am being crazy, but tonight he was crying and I put my nursing cover on and he stopped. However, I had it on twisted and had to take it off and try again. When I took it off, he started crying. Once the cover was back on, no more wails. Can he really already understand that the nursing cover means it is dinner time? (I always use my cover, even at home. I don't have a very close/comfortable relationship with my mother's husband, so it is better for all parties involved.)

Thoughts:

Went to lunch with a friend today and C.P. fussed the entire time...until I let my friend hold him. Bummer. I have a very hard time when we are out and he starts crying. I get nervous and flustered and feel embarrassed, like people are staring at me. Especially at restaurants, where people are paying to enjoy their food. Pre-baby I hated being out and listening to a baby scream. I am hoping I can get over this pretty quickly, or else I will feel confined to the house...

I learned how to nurse in my Moby a couple of days ago. I made a sandwich and guacamole while C.P. had his lunch. I felt very proud.

I also went to shop for new clothes. Although I am already at my pre-preg weight, things have shifted. Nothing fit- it was very discouraging. When I look in the mirror, I think "I look awesome!!" Looking at the dressing room mirror, me stuffed into size Large t-shirts like a sausage...it was a reality check I did NOT need. I know it's only been seven weeks, but the main issue is I really thought I was looking great!

ETA: Met a couple at the sushi bar- their 4 month old daughter just hit 12 pounds. CP is 7 weeks and over 14 pounds. They thought he was 6 months old. I told them he just ate a couple of the babies in the nursery.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme Pineapple View Post
Name: Gimme Pineapple & Chubby Puppy

Baby's age: 7 weeks today

Milestones/Updates: Cooing. Maybe I am being crazy, but tonight he was crying and I put my nursing cover on and he stopped. However, I had it on twisted and had to take it off and try again. When I took it off, he started crying. Once the cover was back on, no more wails. Can he really already understand that the nursing cover means it is dinner time? (I always use my cover, even at home. I don't have a very close/comfortable relationship with my mother's husband, so it is better for all parties involved.)

Thoughts:

Went to lunch with a friend today and C.P. fussed the entire time...until I let my friend hold him. Bummer. I have a very hard time when we are out and he starts crying. I get nervous and flustered and feel embarrassed, like people are staring at me. Especially at restaurants, where people are paying to enjoy their food. Pre-baby I hated being out and listening to a baby scream. I am hoping I can get over this pretty quickly, or else I will feel confined to the house...

I learned how to nurse in my Moby a couple of days ago. I made a sandwich and guacamole while C.P. had his lunch. I felt very proud.

I also went to shop for new clothes. Although I am already at my pre-preg weight, things have shifted. Nothing fit- it was very discouraging. When I look in the mirror, I think "I look awesome!!" Looking at the dressing room mirror, me stuffed into size Large t-shirts like a sausage...it was a reality check I did NOT need. I know it's only been seven weeks, but the main issue is I really thought I was looking great!

ETA: Met a couple at the sushi bar- their 4 month old daughter just hit 12 pounds. CP is 7 weeks and over 14 pounds. They thought he was 6 months old. I told them he just ate a couple of the babies in the nursery.
:Ate a couple of babies in the nursery. The only shopping I've done for myself is to buy new fat jeans. My old fat jeans were too tight. Crying baby in public makes me feel flustered even if it isn't my own. Sometimes when I'm out without Everett and a baby cries I immediately think, "is that my baby?" Everett totally knows when I put him on my lap it's time to nurse. He gets this really excited look on his face and starts cooing.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanyclaire View Post
On a side note: My divorce is FINALLY FINISHED!!! Yay!! I went back into court when Ciaran was 2 weeks old with all of my paperwork in place and I had the same judge that refused to divorce me while I was pregnant. He REFUSED AGAIN!! All over missing one little form that was the equivalent of dotting and "i" and crossing a "t." I was so upset that I burst into tears. Six hours in court with a brand new baby and still nothing! The court clerk was very kind and arranged to get me in front of a different judge who granted the divorce without a problem!! YAYYYY!!! It is FINALLY over... I feel like having a party! It is such a relief.
Yay Congrats! I'm glad that it's now "official." That judge is a jerk! A friend of mine was unable to put her now DH on her middle child's birth certificate because she wasn't officially divorced from her ex at the time. So she actually had to have her current DH legally adopt their son.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
We decided to give up on the CDing at night. The bed and DS clothing was getting totally soaked every single night, so we started to use disposables until we can find a CD which will work.. . .
You are so dedicated! I didn't even try to CD at night. We use a Tushies disposable at night before we go to bed and DH uses another one when he gets up to change her in the middle of the night. Plus, if we are going anywhere (a long trip, not just a walk) I put a disposable on her and take one with me in case we need to change her. For the rest I use CD. I'm just too lazy to change her at night. DH will get up once, but the rest of the time, I'm not willing to do more than whip out my boob and doze back off to sleep.

Even so, yesterday morning, she woke at 7 for her morning poop and leaked out the top all over the bed...

Old 02-10-2010, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

And like some others, I have no idea if Rassa can roll over because she has about 2 minutes of patience for tummy time and I find it ridiculous to make her do something that will piss her off. She does like to stand and lately, she's lying down or leaning back, she likes to clutch my hands and try to pull herself into a sitting position and then standing. I have this sinking feeling that she's going to be mobile real early... for now I am depending on the power of the booby trance for getting work done.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Even so, yesterday morning, she woke at 7 for her morning poop and leaked out the top all over the bed...
If she regularly poops every morning, you should try putting her on the potty when she wakes. It will save you the hassle of dealing with a blowout.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanyclaire View Post
Name: Beth & Ciaran

Baby's age: 5 weeks yesterday

Milestones/Updates: He is starting to smile consistently now and makes more little noises every day, which I LOVE! He is getting big, too. Over 13 pounds now and growing more every day. He is really strong and pushes up onto his elbows while he is on his belly and can roll from his back to his side. I have to make some more diapers but it is tough to sew with my velcro baby that I can't ever put down. DS1 was just like this, too. DD was so content to just hang out next to me but the boys seem to have other plans! I have 2 very needy boys! LOL!

Thoughts: I'm trying not to have thoughts! LOL! There is still so much going on here. We're still working on getting into our new house and closing has been pushed back 4 times now due to some issues with the inspection and repairs that had to be done. We should have closed 2 weeks ago and now it is looking like we won't close till the end of March, if we can resolve these problems and we get to close at all! Ugh! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

We are all finally getting over the flu, which was horrible! We all had it, though Ciaran only ended up with some minor congestion and a low grade fever. DS1 and I had it the worst and ended up needing meds for sinus and ear infections. Yuck! We're on the upswing now, which we are grateful for!

We're finally getting into a routine with the new baby and the other kids. It is nice, actually. They really adore him, which is so cute! The evening routine is still a little crazy but it is working. Bedtime is just starting to come together and become predictable, after a few weeks of effort. I LOVE being a mom again and having a newborn around. I'm tired and all the usual stuff, but he makes it so worth it!

I am so happy for you! What the hell is wrong with that freaky judge?! Glad you got a sane one to finally be able to move forward!

Old 02-10-2010, 02:41 PM

bethanyclaire- we have tried 2-3 inserts which didnt work. at that point I gave up... they work great during the day as long as we check/switch them every 2 hours or less

Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
If she regularly poops every morning, you should try putting her on the potty when she wakes. It will save you the hassle of dealing with a blowout.
The only problem with that is that she wakes around 7, meaning anytime between 6:30 and 7:30. She wakes us up... I don't know if I can deal with making myself wake up at a set time because sometimes she will have been nursing all night and I need every minute of sleep I can get..

Old 02-10-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
bethanyclaire- we have tried 2-3 inserts which didnt work. at that point I gave up... they work great during the day as long as we check/switch them every 2 hours or less
Just out of curiosity, how long are you leaving him in one diaper at night? I'm not judging because I know some people don't do night-time diaper changes. I'm changing every 5-15 minutes so I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. Every 2-3 hours at night.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
The only problem with that is that she wakes around 7, meaning anytime between 6:30 and 7:30. She wakes us up... I don't know if I can deal with making myself wake up at a set time because sometimes she will have been nursing all night and I need every minute of sleep I can get..
Have DH put her on the potty.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 PM

evinmom- DH is on diapers and Id say when we were trying CDing he was changing after every feeding (every 2-4 hours from 9pm-9am) with the disposibles at night, DS can go 6 hours or so before getting fussy/feeling wet . . .

Any suggestions? We're really wanting to stay with CDs at night but the soaking the bed, esp when we cosleep sucks.

User Tag List