Returned from being AWOL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2010, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so sorry to have abandoned you, ladies! I popped out that second kid and then went into seclusion for a while. It's still total chaos around here, but I'm learning to cope more and more by the day. Anyway, here's what's been up with us:

Thomas is now 12 weeks old!!! The time has just flown by. He looks so much like a chubby baby now instead of a newborn! He is absolutely amazing, my sweet little man. He's easygoing, only nurses when he's hungry (HATES comfort nursing!), falls asleep in my arms or the wrap, and smiles so much! He's starting to smile now at his big sister too, which is really precious.

Big sis Annalie absolutely adores him, too! She dotes over him non-stop, as she has since the moment she met him. Calls him "my Thomas" and gives him sweet kisses and hugs hourly. She's learned to be as careful as a 2-year-old can be with a baby, and is now doting over her own baby doll. I caught her nursing her doll yesterday, and she babywears too.

With the late pregnancy bedrest and all the post-birth time off he took, DH is now working like a madman trying to get done with his doctorate. He is at work for at least 10 hours/day, and Fridays cannot come too soon for any of us! We deal though, and we take advantage of our family time.

I've gone through a bit of depression lately--German winters are a beotch, my friends aren't easy to meet up with, our impending move is still totally up in the air, and I'm always exhausted. So that's no fun. I'm now taking lots of vitamin D and trying to work on a little preschool homeschooling course with Annalie; those both really help me get through the day.

We THINK we'll be moving back to the States at the beginning of July, job or not. We'll live with my mother if need be. I don't care, I just need something definite now. And we'll go from there.

So that's my update. Our lives are fabulous, chaotic, silly, uncertain, loving, stressful, and amazing, all at once.

I hope that all of you have been doing well, that your little angels are perfect, and that I can rejoin without too much of a shunning for my absence.

Now, off to catch up on some reading.......

Mama to a wild girl and a chill lil' man , wife to a mad scientist , and resident of a country that I love to hate and hate to love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Trinity! Welcome back... It's got to be tough adjusting to 2 kids and being up in the air with your life and feeling isolated. I only have 1 kid to adjust to and feel like it's a challenge to stay positive!

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
Old 02-13-2010, 11:52 PM

great to hear from you! thanks for the update! I'm glad Thomas is such a sweet guy, and that his big sis is so in love with him! my big boy calls the baby "MY sweet Nora" and we have little pretend arguments that she's "MINE", "no she's MINE!"

I hope the vit. d kicks in and sunnier days are upon you soon! best wishes to your dh in finishing his work, and too all of you in surviving it. I hope plans for the move come together!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:21 AM

Hi Trinitylou!

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

User Tag List