I only want mamaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any other babes showing preference for mama only? We were in this nice routine of DH taking DS at bedtime and walking/wearing him to sleep and giving me time with DD and then a teeny bit of time to myself, even!

The past week or so if DH tries to take DS, it's a total scream-fest. Its just so much easier for me to take him. I really miss bedtime with my DD!

DD showed a huge preference for me as well, but NOT this early.

Are we the only ones? How do you get a break? My back hurts from wearing this baby constantly...

mumma to sweet 7 year old girl
and darling 2 year old guy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 03:18 AM

And how to assure a loving but insecure first time dad that his son truly needs and will love both of his parents?
#3 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Really? It's just me and beep out here with "mama only" babies?

beep: it's really hard on the daddies, especially first timers because he doesn't know that one day he'll be wrestling on the floor with your lo and only wanting daddy. It seems like it'll never happen in those first early days. My dh loves his relationship with dd now, but it was really difficult for him when she wanted nothing to do with him. This time around, he knows ds will come around eventually.

#4 of 9 Old 02-17-2010, 09:22 AM

My LO is definitely a momma-preferring baby, but she'll take Daddy about 80% of the time without fuss because he has some "fun" things he does with her that Momma doesn't do, like talking to her in Arabic (that's their thing) and the "kissing monster" is his thing with her too. They have a chair they cuddle in that's only theirs, which helps also. I think it's a matter of routine and ritual for my LO, but each one is different.

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
#5 of 9 Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine prefers me when at certain times, like in the evenings when she is overtired. But I am honestly not sure if it's me or the boobs.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#6 of 9 Old 02-17-2010, 11:51 AM

I got out last night for two and a half hours because I had to go to a meeting. I was not sure how it was going to work but figured I was five minutes away so if need be I'd leave at first text. When I got home things seemed fine. Two empty 2.5oz little bottles on the table... Baby being patted on his back by daddy in a darkened bedroom... Waaa, I was not fine! lol, I did not expect to be so sad to see those bottles used up! But, this does mean I might be able to sneak out and get my pits waxed this weekend!! lol

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#7 of 9 Old 02-17-2010, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post
I got out last night for two and a half hours because I had to go to a meeting. I was not sure how it was going to work but figured I was five minutes away so if need be I'd leave at first text. When I got home things seemed fine. Two empty 2.5oz little bottles on the table... Baby being patted on his back by daddy in a darkened bedroom... Waaa, I was not fine! lol, I did not expect to be so sad to see those bottles used up! But, this does mean I might be able to sneak out and get my pits waxed this weekend!! lol
I'm sure I'd feel the same way...

#8 of 9 Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 AM

This caused us problems for the first two months, because DP took her preference for me incredibly personal. Even last week, he was still making comments about her crying when I handed her over or calming down once I took her. I also detect slight resentment that I BF on demand. He says that it's an unfair advantage.

I won't be surprised at all if/when this totally reverses and she only wants to be with him. I remember having a very strong preference for my dad from age 4-7. I was practically the man's shadow, sometimes standing outside of the bathroom (at home) until he was done.lol

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
#9 of 9 Old 03-11-2010, 04:08 AM

I'm late chiming in here, but I've got a mama's girl. I asked for it, though-- DD1 was Daddy's girl, and I said for the last 5 years or so I wanted a mama's baby. Well, I got what I wished for in spades! Some days I can't even go to the bathroom without her fussing for me! DH is tolerating it, but he's not big on the baby phase. He'd be happy if our children came out at least crawling!

But I think I'm seeing a pattern with Grace and her "don't leave me" fits. If I'm going to the bathroom, going to cook dinner, etc. I'll give her to DH, after he comes home from work. Since he's usually still cranky from work, I would almost lay money on her feeling his tension and wanting nothing to do with it! On the weekends she'll sit and chill out with him, usually bonding over sports, but only if I'm not visible. If I'm in the kitchen, in the shower, even outside (as long as I don't use the front door-- it squeaks and she "knows") then she's okay. But if I sit in the room with them she looks over and fusses until he hands her over.

Angie, proud Army wife to Dan, mom to Kat (4/00) and Gracie (11/09)!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page