WEEKLY RAMBLE/CHAT for FEB 15th - FEB 21st - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yentroc View Post
Milestones/Updates: the drool has started here too! lots of fist-eating and general gumming of everything.
Me too! Everyone thinks it's ridiculously early to teethe but he's uncomfortable when dry and fed, drooling, and gumming everything that crosses his path...what else could it be?

DD wants me to type her name. Here goes. Libby. Oh, and now my name. Mama.
#32 of 43 Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina_yyc View Post
Awwww... that's adorable!!

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
#33 of 43 Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Me too! Everyone thinks it's ridiculously early to teethe but he's uncomfortable when dry and fed, drooling, and gumming everything that crosses his path...what else could it be?

One of my friend's baby popped out two bottom teeth at 3.5 months.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#34 of 43 Old 02-19-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Early teething seems crazy to me... dd didn't get her first tooth until 10 months! I seem to remember her drooling for a long time before.

mumma to sweet 7 year old girl
and darling 2 year old guy

#35 of 43 Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 PM

My dd got 2 teeth when she was 3 months then she lost 4 teeth while she was 4! My kids all have gotten teeth early, the boys were about 4 months.

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
#36 of 43 Old 02-19-2010, 07:03 PM

My dad was born with a front tooth - go figure.

Also, I got my Mei Tai in the mail the other day and baby is happily sleeping in it as I type! Yay! However, there were far too many color choices and I think I might have liked another fabric design better... Aww, what I would give to sew this stuff myself.

Can you believe these babies are two months old?? Wow!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#37 of 43 Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post
My dad was born with a front tooth - go figure.

Also, I got my Mei Tai in the mail the other day and baby is happily sleeping in it as I type! Yay! However, there were far too many color choices and I think I might have liked another fabric design better... Aww, what I would give to sew this stuff myself.

Can you believe these babies are two months old?? Wow!
I always second guess my fabric choices! That is probably why I used to own so many carriers. I know, it's crazy how fast they grow. I can't believe Everett will be turning 3 months in 2 weeks.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#38 of 43 Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 PM

nak w/ fussy babe

i've been trying to jump in, but it's so hard to type!

di linh- those pics of Everett are so cute!! what a chubs!

We have the same situation here w/ the older kids loving the baby- in a way, I feel like this is a gift for me- my older DS literally hates his younger brother and always has. Truly is angry that he exists and their constant fighting and despising each other has been a real source of depression for me. But seeing them both love the baby, and care for her so sweetly, has been so wonderful. We finally have a normal, loving sibling relationship in our family. We can talk all day about how cute and great she is, and they love it and don't get tired of it! they are always marveling over how they are SO HAPPY to have a baby girl, and that it's the SAME BABY we felt kicking inside, and my 4 yo will stay entertained forever just talking to her and helping me take care of her.

She went to the ped yesterday and was 10# at almost 10 weeks. i have no idea where she is percentile wise, but want to look it up on the WHO breastfed charts when i get time. i have a feeling she's small by some of the weights i've read here! my 7 yo was only 15# at one YEAR so i'm amazed that some of your babes are getting close to that at 2 mos.!

I did do the HIB vax, even though I consider us non-vaxers, it was just an instinct. I don't know if we'll do any more. I'm considering prevnar, and wish dtap weren't so scary and that pertussis came seperately, or i'd consider it.

I also have no idea about milestones...my kids are all small, and slow on milestones compared to others! I guess we are just relaxed people! I got out Dr Sears The Baby Book to look up what she "should" be doing at this age but didn't get to read it yet! Definitely not rolling over yet or trying to! Mostly I notice that she's awake a lot more, and seeing more of what's going on, and smiling, and able to latch on by herself without my help.
#39 of 43 Old 02-20-2010, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

just wanted to say hi

Im pretty down and low this week about things. . so im here but don't feel much like talking.. so I'll go back to lurking. more next week

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#40 of 43 Old 02-20-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
She went to the ped yesterday and was 10# at almost 10 weeks. i have no idea where she is percentile wise, but want to look it up on the WHO breastfed charts when i get time. i have a feeling she's small by some of the weights i've read here! my 7 yo was only 15# at one YEAR so i'm amazed that some of your babes are getting close to that at 2 mos.!

I did do the HIB vax, even though I consider us non-vaxers, it was just an instinct. I don't know if we'll do any more. I'm considering prevnar, and wish dtap weren't so scary and that pertussis came seperately, or i'd consider it.

I also have no idea about milestones...my kids are all small, and slow on milestones compared to others! I guess we are just relaxed people! I got out Dr Sears The Baby Book to look up what she "should" be doing at this age but didn't get to read it yet! Definitely not rolling over yet or trying to! Mostly I notice that she's awake a lot more, and seeing more of what's going on, and smiling, and able to latch on by herself without my help.
I think 10# is good. My others have been small, Chubba Bubba however is a giant. I told dh last night we need to remember how samll he really is (he's almost 14# at 8 weeks, like you my last was about 17# at a year).

I don't know milestones either, I think it's b/c he's #4. I know by insticts if something is wrong. It's probably also because when ds2 was WAY behind and I knew something was wrong, we were brushed off saying he was still within "normal". Apperently "normal" is what ever anyone wants it to be....until it's not. Then you've wasted time.

I've decided not to vax...at least for now. (DTap is scary!) Dh is way supportive . I cancled Levi's 2 mo appt. The dr won't see us if we don't vax. There's a family practice in town that I've *heard* will see us...of course I've heard that one before Eh, I'm not that into dr's anyway. I'll just keep buggin the crap out of my midwife.

Sorry for the overuse of smilies this morning...I must be feeling expressive.

ETA: Hih IH, that's what I did for a couple weeks...take the time you need

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
#41 of 43 Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 AM

HI Ladies, sorry it's been a tough week for some. Hugs to you... I've been having a tough week too. So so so tired. R woke up on Monday morning at 5am puking and crying (she almost never throws up) and by 8 am she had thrown up so much that everything smelled like stomach bile and she wouldn't nurse. I canceled my classes (but had to reschedule) and stayed home and took care of her. Lots of green mucusy poops. She began nursing again mid-afternoon but was also listless and stuffy. I think it was the cashews I ate on Sunday. She has been slow to feel better - not sleeping enough in the day and then getting overtired and crying and being impossible to settle. All the while I have massive teaching deadlines. So I limped along this week. Now I have a cold because I am just so worn out.

We went to her 2 months appointment with the ped (she's actually 10 weeks old as of this past Wed). She weighs 10 lbs, 13 oz, a 5 lb gain from her lowest weight and is 22.75 inches long, up from 19 inches! Due to her food allergies, I am VERY leery of vaxing her until we figure out what the problem is. I'm still rotating foods in (we're OK with corn and gluten, peanuts and tree nuts are out and I just had two eggs for breakfast this morning) and if we have it sorted out I'll consider doing HIB at the 4 months visit. I need to do more reading on it. Truth be told I really want to just not vax her at all until she is at least a year old and then do things gradually, selectively, once a month. The DTaP in particular freaks me out because the P part is so reactive and it's a 3 in one. I'd like to wait until she is a bit older but that would require pushing back on our doctor and DH, who hasn't done as much reading as I have, is not quite as leery as I am.

R is doing great otherwise. We seem to have beat the thrush, our latching is way way better. She is generally a happy baby and beginning to stay asleep if I nurse her in the bed and then slip away. She is also beginning to be OK with sitting proped up on the couch or in her bouncy chair for short periods of time. She was in it yesterday and I sat next to her on the floor and I folded the laundry. I still hold her and wear her alot and we sleep together, but she's slowly showing the signs of a happy, secure baby. She cries alot less lately, it's mostly some very vocal sounding squacks that we are learning what to do with.

She is not rolling over, but she is trying really hard to sit and stand! Her head control is pretty solid and I had her in the kangaroo hold in the ring sling and front carry on the Moby because she is just too darn curious about everything. She drools up a storm and gnaws on her hands, trying desperately to suck her thumb without stabbing herself in the nose with it or her eyes with her fingers.

Our cleaning person came Monday morning and cleaned our apartment to a degree that I think we have never achieved and did it in 2 hours! By Friday, things were messy, but everything under was clean at least. I'm slowly combining light cooking, freezer meals and our meal service to keep us fed. And we now have a laundry service this week. It's still all I can do to take care of R and keep up my commitments at work and I still have to work one day on the weekends, but I am happy I get to be with R during the day. My load lightens somewhat after March 1 and then on March 14 I go visit my family for 10 days with R.

It's sunny and I am feeling better than I have all week. Happy weekend to you all.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#42 of 43 Old 02-20-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithappened View Post
just wanted to say hi

Im pretty down and low this week about things. . so im here but don't feel much like talking.. so I'll go back to lurking. more next week

mumma to sweet 7 year old girl
and darling 2 year old guy

#43 of 43 Old 02-20-2010, 10:42 PM

Let it be known that a jeep wrangler is not a great car for nursing a very cranky baby in - especially so when you are at wits end and still have errands to run and it is really hot and nothing is going right. 'nuf said.

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page