*o..* MEMBER SPOTLIGHT 2/15 & 2/16 - fazer6 *..o* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HOW IT WORKS:
We will ask you questions, you will answer them, or if you just have any words of wisdom or basically anything you want to share, post it here- it is YOUR thread! we will have a good time!

(participants: basically no question is off limits, so ask away- but if she doesn't feel comfortable answering, she doesn't have to!)

These first few basic questions so we can all remember who you are!
Name:
DDC Baby's Name:
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy was this for you?:
Hobbies/Interests:
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself:

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#2 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 01:11 PM

Name: Clare
DDC Baby's Name: Leo
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): OH Jordan, 3 cats Mia, Fraggle and Bonny.

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy was this for you?: 2
Occupation: W/SAHM We make carbon fibre bits for motorbikes to sell on eBay, while I'm BF I'll no longer do the moulding because of the resin fumes. So that leaves me taking the days sales to the post office, plus sorting out listings and answering the non english questions. It's not exactly hard work and doesn't take a lot of time so I don't know if I can really call myself a work at home mom!
Hobbies/Interests: Pre pregnancy my life revolved around my motorbike. I like hiking and will hopefully take up rock climbing probably this year to take over from the bike as a more family friendly hobby. I also like reading and knitting.
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself: Our 10 year plan is to build a boat and then live aboard and cruise round the med home schooling the kid(s).

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#3 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

How long have you lived in Spain? What do you like or dislike about where you live?

How long have you owned a motorbike? How did that evolve?

I saw a travel show on houseboats. Neat dream!

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#4 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinmom View Post
How long have you lived in Spain? What do you like or dislike about where you live?
We'll have been here 3 years in March. I dislike the fact that I'm not in the same town as my family any more (but as it's only a 3 hour plane journey it's probably similar to many family distances in the US). Having only spent 3 years in Spain, and less than a year where we currently live I don't know many other mothers here (except 1 18 year old english girl who smoked during her pregnancy!!! and an older mother who doesn't speak spanish and so hangs out in the ex pat community, not my idea of fun). I love the weather. It's the driest part of Europe and has the most sunshine hours. I also just love the beaches. This is my hypnobabies 'special place'. There is no building at all anywhere close, it's a 15-20 min walk from the nearest town and parking place so it will remain completely unspoilt. I also love the food, the wine and just the relaxed attitude of the spanish.

Quote:
How long have you owned a motorbike? How did that evolve?
I took my bike test in 2002. I always sort of planned to do my test, no idea why I just always knew I would. I got a 400cc starter bike and pootled about on my own before getting a proper 600. Then I joined an internet forum and started going out with a group of male riders and quickly learned to hold my own. I've shocked a few people when I took my helmet off and they see it's a girl, I've also been told I'm so small I look like a kid on a bike.

Quote:
I saw a travel show on houseboats. Neat dream!
Yeah we half got the idea from distant shores, a series with a canadian couple who have a sailing boat. Then my friend was also thinking of getting a houseboat because he lives in a national park in the UK where you cannot buy a house on 1 persons salary. I can't wait and think bringing up children on a boat in the med with all the different cultures will just be amazing. We're lucky that we can still carry on making the bits we make now so our eBay business won't be affected.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

#5 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 05:16 PM

Where are you from originally and how did you end up in Spain?

What brought you to the MDC forums?

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#6 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 08:28 PM

I have a friend from the bay area who raises their child on a boat! NAK

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#7 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 PM

nak

reading along

interesting!
#8 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 PM

OK, just a break here to ask, what does NAK mean? I cannot figure it out...

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#9 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post
OK, just a break here to ask, what does NAK mean? I cannot figure it out...
nursing at keyboard (typing 1 handed)

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#10 of 13 Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 AM

How did the move to Spain come about?

Are you planning to climb sport or trad? Any routes that you have your eye on? Or are you planning to do more bouldering type stuff? What kind of rock is out there?

ETA: I am just a *little* overexcited about getting back to climbing this summer. My advice is to get in as many trips to the crag as possible before the LO crawls.
#11 of 13 Old 02-16-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post
Where are you from originally and how did you end up in Spain?

What brought you to the MDC forums?
I'm originally from the Lake District in the north of England. I did German and Spanish with Computer Software at uni (yes a random mix). All languages students in the UK have to spend a year abroad. I was sent teaching to this part of Spain. It's quite backward and where I was they spoke virtually no english so I had to learn very quick. Naturally I got a boyfriend who took me out and taught me to dance salsa and so that and the rum helped my language skills. I loved this area so much that when I got back together again wtih Jordan (we met originally when I was 18) we thought about coming out here to live. A comparison of house prices meant there was no comparison. His dad was fed up of the cold and the way the UK is going so he came out too. We love it out here and the cost of living lets us both have a small internet based business which isn't full time, and constantly be around Leo and watch him grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina_yyc View Post
How did the move to Spain come about?

Are you planning to climb sport or trad? Any routes that you have your eye on? Or are you planning to do more bouldering type stuff? What kind of rock is out there?

ETA: I am just a *little* overexcited about getting back to climbing this summer. My advice is to get in as many trips to the crag as possible before the LO crawls.
I've not been climbing out here yet. I went a few times in the UK so figured as it's warm here I may as well give it a go. I know most the clubs go bouldering down by the beach, it's an ex volcanic area so apparantly there's some really good spots. Jordan and I both plan to take it up so we can go out together with a club, and then one of us can look after Leo while the other one is busy. I can't wait because it should be a good outdoor activity that includes all of us as a family. This is the closest place to us (20 mins away) that you can go climbing.

#12 of 13 Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
I'm originally from the Lake District in the north of England.
nak

...our dog is named Keswick after a friend who lives there

and, what a gorgeous place you live in w/mountains and that beautiful playa so close! Lucky!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#13 of 13 Old 02-16-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post
nak

...our dog is named Keswick after a friend who lives there

and, what a gorgeous place you live in w/mountains and that beautiful playa so close! Lucky!
Wow it's a small world.

Yeah I do like this area. There's a ski resort about 2 hours away, desert 40 mins away, and loads of unspoilt beaches nearby. I think that's pretty much most geographical features!

If anyone's a film buff they did indiana jones temple of doom here, conan the barbarian, a fist full of dollars plus a load more spagetti westerns. The scenery is like the american wild west, just on a slightly smaller scale!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page