Milestones/Updates:

Thoughts:

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#2 of 58 Old 02-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Cloud and Nimbus

Baby's age: 3 months yesterday! (13 weeks + 2 days)

Milestones/Updates: I wrote 95% of a response to this last week, but didn't get time to finish that last 5% before shutting the computer down for the night...oh well!

So, what have we been doing...Nimbus is now grabbing and holding onto toys with some encouragement. He even had one in a two handed grip today. He sees his feet when I show them to him. He likes the smell of herbs...they make him smile! We've started having daily mommy/baby time on the floor on blankets, reading books and singing and playing and generally having a ball. He's so funny, flapping his arms and legs while we stare up at the book I'm reading to him.

His thrush is looking much better. I'm not sure if it's 100% gone, but the fact that what little whiteness that's there could just be milk/spit up is a huge improvement. We're out of Diflucan and his doctor didn't seem inclined to give him more, so I've switched to giving him probiotics and wiping his tongue with cotton gauze dipped in diluted hydrogen peroxide and hoping that will take care of anything left hanging around in his system.

I don't know if it's getting off the Diflucan or the probiotics or that he's 3 months old now or what, but his sleep is suddenly much better again and starting to organize itself. I was just fretting about his disinclination to have a bedtime before midnight (well, before 2 am even) on Thursday, but he's been putting himself to sleep for a 3+ hour stretch between 9 and 10 for the last few nights. Then he wakes up to eat, and I finish getting him ready for bed (since I've been caught unawares by this new trend and haven't had him ready), feed him one last time and then we go to bed for 7 hours. He's taking good naps now, too, even one in his crib today. So today my goal is to come up with a trial bedtime routine before 6 pm so that I can give that a shot this week.

In general, things are starting to fall into place all around. I really think all the stuff we've been doing to treat his thrush has been keeping him on the grumpy side of his natural temperament, because he's happy happy happy and sleeping well like I remember him being/doing. We even had a sit-down dinner at the table last night that I helped prepare while the kid played in his bouncer by our feet. With glasses of wine. I felt so adult! We rarely managed that when we didn't have a baby. But I feel it's important for us to eat dinner at the table with Nimbus every night once he starts solids, so it's time to start working up to that. I've also been able to do some housework and cooking for the first time in a few weeks.

I made it to my new moms group last week, only a few minutes late even. It was fun and I think there are some moms there I could get to be good friends with. This whole new parent thing reminds me of orientation week in college...everyone is looking for friends, but you have to get out there and make friends before the newness wears off and people already have enough friends to get by with.

Thoughts: I feel much more happy and confident in my mommydom these last few days. It's probably the sunshine and the more regular sleep pattern. And the healthier food I've been eating. My body rebelled against the frozen stuff and has gotten me making salads every day. But last night I went to bed excited to wake up and have some playtime with the baby in the morning rather than bone tired and wanting to sleep forever and ever and ever. It's a really nice feeling, because our bout of thrush has been really hard on me, especially for something that's not particularly serious (well, once my painful symptoms abated).

A question for you experienced breastfeeding types: do you have any tips for the actual logistics of NIP? I have no problem with the modesty part at this point, considering I've managed to nurse pretty discreetly in front of some of my husband's friends, but I use a My Brest Friend pillow (or someone's couch pillows) 99.9% of the time and I had a hard time figuring out how to hold Nimbus to nurse without any pillows when I did it out and about a couple times this week. We just got a stroller, so I'm looking forward to going out of the house a little more often, but I obviously am not going to lug a nursing pillow around!

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!
#3 of 58 Old 02-22-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbutterfly View Post
A question for you experienced breastfeeding types: do you have any tips for the actual logistics of NIP? I have no problem with the modesty part at this point, considering I've managed to nurse pretty discreetly in front of some of my husband's friends, but I use a My Brest Friend pillow (or someone's couch pillows) 99.9% of the time and I had a hard time figuring out how to hold Nimbus to nurse without any pillows when I did it out and about a couple times this week. We just got a stroller, so I'm looking forward to going out of the house a little more often, but I obviously am not going to lug a nursing pillow around!
So glad to hear things are on the up and up. Using a sling (ring sling or wrap type sling especially) can help hold the baby in position. I generally use something to prop up my leg (sometimes my other thigh) and lean Everett against it. A partial leg cross works for me and allows me to get my leg up high enough for Everett to reach my breast. He is positioned diagonally upright with his crotch straddling my lower leg. This is how I nurse him in front of the computer, on the couch, at restaurants, and in the car. I haven't actually used a pillow for nursing him since the day he was born. A first for me.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
#4 of 58 Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinmom View Post
So glad to hear things are on the up and up. Using a sling (ring sling or wrap type sling especially) can help hold the baby in position. I generally use something to prop up my leg (sometimes my other thigh) and lean Everett against it. A partial leg cross works for me and allows me to get my leg up high enough for Everett to reach my breast. He is positioned diagonally upright with his crotch straddling my lower leg. This is how I nurse him in front of the computer, on the couch, at restaurants, and in the car. I haven't actually used a pillow for nursing him since the day he was born. A first for me.
I'm even worse with my slings/wrap than I am with the NIP! But I'm trying to make an effort to get the hang of both...after all, breastfeeding and holding and burping him all felt extremely awkward at first, but now I can do them all without thinking about what I'm doing too much. The leg-straddle seems like it might help me. I had my knee propped up at times when I was trying and it was the most successful position, even if it didn't last. Do you hold him in a cradle or a cross cradle hold?

#5 of 58 Old 02-22-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I haven't actually used a pillow for nursing him since the day he was born. A first for me.
how funny, me too! It isn't the best posture all the time, but I corss one leg or just hold him, sort of seated on my lap and then hold him with the other hand. Or hold his bottom in one hand, and the back of his head/shoulders with the other. I swear I can almost nurse pushing a shopping cart

I meant to get a new nursing pillow, and never got around to it, and at this point, when he is just getting bigger, I'll spend the money on something else.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#6 of 58 Old 02-22-2010, 11:37 PM

Sooo glad things seem to be on a brighter track for you, Cloud! And I am jealous of your new moms group... I have been looking around for one and have hit up two LLL groups nearby, but they meet 1x a month which is not nearly as often as I'd like to socialize. There really are not too many places for new moms to meet up around me I guess... Mostly I have to drive a half an hour away and I just detest the car right now. That said, I have one to go to on wednesday and I am very much looking forward to it.

Liz & Finn, 10 weeks on thursday.

Ah, this has been a tough week and it is only one day old! I had my first real non-midnight-Oh-I-Am-So-Alone breakdown today and it was awful. I just hate, hate, hate not being able to fix the baby's woes! His cries were normal for the most part, signaling his waking, hunger or uncomfortableness - but this last week they have taken on a whole nother tone and it is just awful. I am figuring it out and hopefully will make some headway into his miseries - thankfully it is not the whole day but small episodes, but even so, it wears on me as I am his only care giver. Plus, all the other household duties and my own sanity... You all are in the same boat, I know, but when his crying can not be stopped by mom, who is supposed to be the fixer, it breaks my strength.
Here's to hoping for a more fabulous tomorrow.

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#7 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 AM

Levi is in bed. Sleeping. His bed. I'm not there. This is amazing.

Hi! mandy and Levi, 9 weeks Thursday

Levi is getting more expressive. He's such a doll. He rolled from his back to side today and then later from his back to front. I think it was a fluke. He was on our lumpy bed so it could have been involuntary.

I weighed him today and he's 14 lbs!! We met a baby at the LLL meeting who was 5 days older and was just 8 lbs, 11 oz...Levi weighed more then that at birth! lol!

I think we have thrush. Did I mention that in the last thread? I forget. Anyway, I couldn't be happier. After 3 weeks on the TED we have seen no change so maybe it's all been the yeasties?? I can get rid of yeast! I love disinfecting my laundry. Maybe this means I can eat pizza again!

Seriously, I'm in a great mood lately. Even with all of Levi's challenges. Okay, maybe it's just today, I do seem to remember being moody over the weekend. I'm getting tired of dh working all the time. It's hard. I've been doing great with the kids, schooling and just hanging out and connecting more. But then I can't get my chores done or any hobbies. (My current hobbies include reading and crocheting. Ds1 is begging for a hat. I haven't had time to make it and it's really bothering both of us.)

Okay, I just reread my post, it's totally manic. I need to get to bed. Maybe I can write something resembling an update tomorrow.

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
#8 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post
You all are in the same boat, I know, but when his crying can not be stopped by mom, who is supposed to be the fixer, it breaks my strength.
ah, Liz,

I know what you mean about not being able to sooth baby

I've had all these meetings last week and this week at my oldest son's school, and then today for my 5 year-old. Both of those events ended with a hungry fussy baby and I couldn't or didn't feel comfortable nursing right then (although in retrospect I should have at oldest son's meeting).

So we rush out with crying baby, and kids trying to talk to me while baby is screaming in my ears (which just freaks me out), and I can only nurse for so long in the car with antsy kids before we have to go... and then its a 10 minute drive with baby screaming... and I inevitably have stuff a I have to do when we first get in the door before I can nurse the little guy.

At least today he was happy to have me carry him around as I'm getting kid's bikes out and stuff.

and I've been all weepy lately.

#9 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Brisen & A -- 3 months tomorrow

A drifted off to sleep on his own tonight! I had put him down on my bed to put some laundry away while keeping the other kids focused on getting ready for bed. He was happy to hang out there, so I just kept on with the tidying, and then noticed that he was asleep. Woot! He slept there for about an hour. He napped on his own in the morning for about an hour a few days ago, too. I got so much done.

He loves looking at his siblings and "talking" with them. He's getting more floor time now because I'm lengthening out my exercise routine (it's short and easy and I'm managing to get it done every day, which has been a problem for me in the past). Other than that, he spends most of his time either nursing or in the wrap, because otherwise my 5 yo smothers him with kisses or carries him around. Eep.

I'm starting to get back into a routine with house stuff and school stuff. Dh is taking some tough courses & is almost always gone with our van, in class or studying. I'm a homebody & haven't really wanted to do any more going out than I have (visiting family on the weekend with dh), which is good because otherwise I would be going crazy. It has been nice to be able to focus on the kids and their school stuff without feeling pressured to go out. I am looking forward to the end of these courses, though!

Quote:
A question for you experienced breastfeeding types: do you have any tips for the actual logistics of NIP?
I have rolled up my wrap carrier to use as a little pillow, and I've done the leg propping thing that was mentioned.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#10 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
We even had a sit-down dinner at the table last night that I helped prepare while the kid played in his bouncer by our feet. With glasses of wine. I felt so adult! We rarely managed that when we didn't have a baby. But I feel it's important for us to eat dinner at the table with Nimbus every night once he starts solids, so it's time to start working up to that. I've also been able to do some housework and cooking for the first time in a few weeks.

I made it to my new moms group last week, only a few minutes late even. It was fun and I think there are some moms there I could get to be good friends with. This whole new parent thing reminds me of orientation week in college...everyone is looking for friends, but you have to get out there and make friends before the newness wears off and people already have enough friends to get by with.
Sounds like you are off to a great start! I made family meals a huge priority when Libby was born and 3 years in it has become the routine. I even almost like cooking
Quote:
A question for you experienced breastfeeding types: do you have any tips for the actual logistics of NIP?
I sit crosslegged and prop an elbow or just hold Elliot kind of diagonally in a lazy cross cradle. As Libby got bigger I started sitting her in my lap and she would latch herself on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post
Ah, this has been a tough week and it is only one day old! I had my first real non-midnight-Oh-I-Am-So-Alone breakdown today and it was awful. I just hate, hate, hate not being able to fix the baby's woes! His cries were normal for the most part, signaling his waking, hunger or uncomfortableness - but this last week they have taken on a whole nother tone and it is just awful. I am figuring it out and hopefully will make some headway into his miseries - thankfully it is not the whole day but small episodes, but even so, it wears on me as I am his only care giver. Plus, all the other household duties and my own sanity... You all are in the same boat, I know, but when his crying can not be stopped by mom, who is supposed to be the fixer, it breaks my strength.
#11 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Name: Henry

Baby's age: 3 1/2 months actual, 8 weeks adjusted

Milestones/Updates:

H. and I made it across the country to visit his dad. I was really nervous about flying alone with an infant, but it was fine! I wore him in a wrap and checked all our stuff and he nursed and napped and enjoyed the white-noise machine that is an airplane cabin. I was surprised by what a spectacle you are when babywearing in an airport, though. I am not really the kind of person who basks in that kind of attention, so I spent a lot of the trip feeling mildly awkward, haha.

I am so envious of people who've made it out to mom's groups! At first we were under orders to keep our little preemie away from large groups of people, and now that he's bigger, I feel really conflicted about making mom friends where we're spending the winter (it's very temporary: my husband is in the military, so we won't be living there for long.) But I so miss having women friends nearby. I love my husband, but sometimes I just want to talk to some ladies, you know?

H.'s social and gross-motor development are on par with his actual age (he chatters, stands, has great head control, etc). His fine motor development is closer to his developmental age, so he's just now starting to discover his hands, which is pretty hilarious to watch.

His sleep habits are changing. His naps are becoming more organized: now he usually has a nap in the morning after being awake for about an hour and a half/two hours, another nap in the afternoon, and then a series of shorter evening naps that I think are probably going to coalesce into one long nap at some point.

His nighttime sleep is on the verge of changing, too. The other night, for the first time ever, he slept for over 5 hours at a stretch. Which was awesome, but I was amazed to wake up with the world's largest and most rock-hard boobs. I tried to hand-express to take the edge off, but finally I just made him wake up and eat, because. Ouch!

And we've finally figured out side-lying nursing. It is so glorious! I just wake up enough to latch him on and then fall asleep again. My boobs are so big I kind of worried that this wouldn't ever work for us, but it does, and the ensuing sleep is wonderful.

Science-loving mama to one little guy (11/09).
#12 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalemma View Post
And we've finally figured out side-lying nursing. It is so glorious! I just wake up enough to latch him on and then fall asleep again. My boobs are so big I kind of worried that this wouldn't ever work for us, but it does, and the ensuing sleep is wonderful.

Yea!

And Mandy, enjoy having your littleone sleeping in his own bed! what piece of mind

I want to get nico a crib to nap in when the kids are playing but I'm not sure where to put it. Eventually he will share DD's room, but I don't want to put it in there, yet, because she will climb in with the baby, or "help" him by putting animals in there... not great for mamas piece of mind. (or is it pieces of mind at this point?!)

#13 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalemma View Post

. The other night, for the first time ever, he slept for over 5 hours at a stretch. Which was awesome, but I was amazed to wake up with the world's largest and most rock-hard boobs. I tried to hand-express to take the edge off, but finally I just made him wake up and eat, because. Ouch!

What do you do about the boob situation? R sometimes is only interested in nursing on one side at night (or else I fall asleep before I give her the other) and so some night a boob will go 4-6 hours with no nursing and gets rock hard and painful.

I've got a plugged duct right now because it. Any suggestions for treating it. I feel like crap.

I would have died without being able to nurse in the side lying position.

#14 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 07:04 PM

H. almost always only nurses one side at a time, so maybe my boobs are used to it if they don't go too long between times? He's still a very frequent daytime nurser, and at night he usually doesn't go so long that they get beyond "really full" and into "hurts".

But it was pretty bad. I was on the verge of waking up my husband asking him if he could help. (I admit this only to you.)

I can't imagine having a plugged duct on top of that. Poor mama! Does it help at all to take a really hot shower and massage down toward the blockage?

#15 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 07:06 PM

And of course after posting this pseudo-helpful comment, I read in your other post that you're trying just that.

Ugh! Sorry. How about hot compresses? Even the old rice-in-a-sock in the microwave trick?

#16 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

I'm getting in the shower now. ANY suggestions are helpful. When should I be worried? How long does it take to go away? Man, I feel like crap.

#17 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post
I'm getting in the shower now. ANY suggestions are helpful. When should I be worried? How long does it take to go away? Man, I feel like crap.
I noticed mine (plus the red line snaking across my breast to my armpit coming from it) on Saturday afternoon, started taking 7 drops of grapefruit seed extract in a glass of Emergen-C 3-4 times a day, massaging the breast along the red line toward the plugged spot while he nursed, taking probiotics, drinking tons of water, etc. By Sunday night I was able to tell that I wouldn't need to go the doctor. It took a few more days after that to disappear completely.

#18 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
What do you do about the boob situation? R sometimes is only interested in nursing on one side at night (or else I fall asleep before I give her the other) and so some night a boob will go 4-6 hours with no nursing and gets rock hard and painful.
Nimbus will sometimes sleep his 5-7 hours and then only take one side before falling back asleep for another couple of hours...drives me nuts! My usual way of dealing with it is pumping but I haven't been pumping lately because of the thrush and my laziness about boiling stuff every day. Fortunately, he's been taking both sides lately, but he doesn't nurse for that long on either side.

#19 of 58 Old 02-23-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:

Your boobs will adjust, given time, My LO is on block feedings (because of a foremilk/hindmilk issue) and my poor boobs were *so* engorged when I first started it. After about a week, they figured it out.

M & E.... 9w1d today!

Still sleeping with Mommy, we went 4 hours before the first feeding/diaper change and she never woke up (but she was searching for the nipple, so gave it to her), and slept through until about 6:30. She's holding her head up really well and has some great upper body strength. We're over 10 pounds now, have our 2-month appointment with the pediatrician on Thursday.

I'm dealing with some PPD right now.... I think DH is struggling with it too. We haven't even DTD since before she was born. I'm so worried about returning to work, I don't want to, I don't know how I'm going to pump with my irregular schedule and locations... etc. Argh. I give myself an anxiety attack every time I think about it.

I am VERY proud that we've been CDing, BFing, and co-sleeping though... I feel like we're doing the best we can for our LO!

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
#20 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 01:36 AM

doclegs, I had PPD after both my older two were born. It sucks. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

lalemma, congrats on making it cross country with a baby!

Mana, massage the plugged duct in circular motions while nursing. Change your nursing position on that breast every few minutes to see if that will help unclog the duct. Get more rest. Eat well. Drink plenty of fluids. Most importantly nurse nurse nurse on that breast.

Quote:
Do you hold him in a cradle or a cross cradle hold?
Cloud, it depends. My leg is really supporting most of his body. Sometimes I use the same side hand to hold the base of his neck (hand in a v shape with thumb below one ear and area between thumb and forefinger supporting the base of the neck). Other times I do a cross-cradle type hold with the opposite hand supporting the base of his neck. He isn't always able to maintain his latch well so that is when I use the cross-cradle hold. FWIW, the cross-cradle hold is only meant to be a transition hold. Meaning you really shouldn't use it the entire duration of your nursing session because it is tiring to hold your arm like that. It is a hold meant to get baby on with a good latch so you can transition to a normal cradle hold which is a lot more comfortable.

#21 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 AM

Name: Di Linh & Everett

Baby's age: 12 weeks

Milestones/Updates: In a fluke moment, Everett rolled from his back to his belly this morning. He still can't roll from belly to back (which generally comes first) so he got frustrated. He hasn't repeated the rolling again since this morning, but we got the bedrail up just in case. He is a bit fussier than normal these past few weeks. Reflux is worse. He is up more often at night. I can't figure out what is exactly wrong and that is driving me crazy. Otherwise, he is doing well. He coos so much and laughs really loud. His laugh cracks me up. I keep meaning to get him on video doing these things. His favorite book is now "The Rainbow Fish."

Thoughts: I'm too tired to have thoughts right now.

#22 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 AM

Name: Nina & Elliot

Baby's age: 11 weeks

Milestones/Updates: Lots more 'talking' and very responsive with smiles and eye contact.

Thoughts: Still working on chilling out the big sister. She is a hurting little girl. She is so angry but so loving all in the same moment. I am working every day to be a more gentle mom. It's been a 180 since we brought Elliot home...there is no more timeout, no nagging, no lectures. We haven't been able to get rid of coercion 100% but I am doing so much better. I am sure we will be able to come through this transition as a family. I'm curious to see how this impacts our eventual parenting with Elliot...are the same mistakes inevitable? Will the same stuff even come up? His personality is so much mellower already.
Quote:
Thoughts: I'm too tired to have thoughts right now.
#23 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 AM

Mana, one way to get a duct unclogged, in addition to all the other good advice, is to have baby's chin point toward the clog. You might have to lay baby down on the bed and get in some creative positons (like leaning over baby, boob hanging down) but a fellow DDC mama posted that for me here when I had duct/mastitis issues. It totally helped!

Di Linh, I love baby laughter. Makes everything better.

#24 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel23 View Post
Mana, one way to get a duct unclogged, in addition to all the other good advice, is to have baby's chin point toward the clog. You might have to lay baby down on the bed and get in some creative positons (like leaning over baby, boob hanging down)
nak

it seems to freak R out and she refuses. the brestfriend gets her chin closer to the plugged duct tho.

Di Linh, sorry things are tough with E. It's hard to be tired AND not sure what's going on.

#25 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 03:46 PM

Everett has been trying to sit up since last week. Everytime I try to recline him (like in the baby bathtub), he pulls himself up. Today I went to lay him on the Boppy and he DID NOT want to lay down. This is what he did instead.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ebruary163.jpg

Ummm... and he stayed sitting...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ebruary167.jpg

Why does he want to grow up so fast?

#26 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Everett has been trying to sit up since last week. Everytime I try to recline him (like in the baby bathtub), he pulls himself up. Today I went to lay him on the Boppy and he DID NOT want to lay down. This is what he did instead.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ebruary163.jpg

Ummm... and he stayed sitting...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ebruary167.jpg

Why does he want to grow up so fast?
he is so cute! Its funny because Nico is like that, too. He loves being up and if I put him on his belly, he does this 'crawling' thing, where he is moving his legs to crawl, but doesn't get any traction and doesn't go anywhere. The he gets frustrated, and is :mad MAD for like 20 minutes, even if I pick him up and pace with him, try to nurse, etc. He is just POed.

He also hates to be left alone-- last night we were playing a board game on the floor and Nico was in his chair watching us, and DD would come over and sing to him, etc. Then it was dinner time so the kids all got up to wash hands and I went to get everyone's drinks... he was so mad!

I went back and he had this sad/mad expression that just melted my heart. Its funny that he looks like a little old man, but is such a 'kid' already,-- so he is like old man kid, more then baby

Name:

Carmel y Nico

here is my picture update: sleeping baby

#27 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 04:48 PM

I just found out that all the milk in my freezer that I've been pumping for donation/future use (did you know you can make yogurt out of your breast milk?? talk about a great first solid!!) has to be thrown abaw b/c of the thrush. It's almost 100 oz

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
#28 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmandy View Post
I just found out that all the milk in my freezer that I've been pumping for donation/future use (did you know you can make yogurt out of your breast milk?? talk about a great first solid!!) has to be thrown abaw b/c of the thrush. It's almost 100 oz
Iknow, this happened to me too. i was told you can scald it and use it but i'm too freaked out about re-infection and just built up another stash.

#29 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 06:23 PM

nak

I'm trying to speak in japanese to nimbus. But I need to brush up..."do you want to drink mommy? Of course you want to drink mommy!" gets the point I'm making across, but probably wouldn't be something someone would say!

Quote:
he is so cute! Its funny because Nico is like that, too. He loves being up and if I put him on his belly, he does this 'crawling' thing, where he is moving his legs to crawl, but doesn't get any traction and doesn't go anywhere. The he gets frustrated, and is :mad MAD for like 20 minutes, even if I pick him up and pace with him, try to nurse, etc. He is just POed.
I have a solution for this! I'll describe it when I have two hands later. Nimbus has a serious drive to crawl so I invented a "game"...

#30 of 58 Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:

So we rush out with crying baby, and kids trying to talk to me while baby is screaming in my ears (which just freaks me out), and I can only nurse for so long in the car with antsy kids before we have to go... and then its a 10 minute drive with baby screaming... and I inevitably have stuff a I have to do when we first get in the door before I can nurse the little guy.
this is my life. it's so hard to give everyone what they need.

we just had a hellish 1/2 hr drive with baby screaming all the way and older kids screaming with laughter the entire time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page