Wild baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DD has been having these episodes where she is exhausted by will not sleep and is almost manic in talking and wanting to sit and stand. She's not crying per se, but she's acting all crazy - laughing and crying at the same time and cobra striking my boob but then spitting it out 2 seconds later. It took us 2 hours to get her to sleep last night (finally at 10pm after she had been awake straight through from 5pm) and this after a day with less than 3 hours of naps total from 7am. And she woke up every 1-2 hours the night before. I got her to nurse mid afternoon but she was almost too amped up to nurse all morning.

This happened to us weekend before last too. Does this happen to your LOs? What do you think it is? (Just a baby in a wild and crazy mood?)

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeap. we are having one right now actually, . except he starts to cry at some point..

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM

H. had something very similar not long ago: his evening nursings were like feeding a squid, with the wiggling and popping off and squealing. I asked about it on the breastfeeding board here, and someone reminded me of the Wonder Weeks' theory about developmental leaps. (www.thewonderweeks.com has a calendar of the developmental leaps, if you don't have the book.)

There's a big leap right around 8 weeks that involves babies figuring out patterns (and I think their heads grow some crazy amount, too, if I'm remembering correctly.) - H. has calmed down again since then. I also signed up for their developmental-leap alarm clock/email so I won't be so surprised next time.

Science-loving mama to one little guy (11/09).
Old 02-23-2010, 05:47 PM

My oldest was like that a lot! And it lasted into toddlerhood. He would keep moving and moving to stay awake, and as soon as he stopped moving, he would fall asleep. I would often find him asleep in front of the bookcase or in the hallway!

The best way to get him to chill out when he was little was to sling him and go for a walk. Or even walking back and forth in the kitchen (then we lived in a huge warehouse so I could get a good walk on going through the gallery and the dance studio, and down all the halls and on the roof). He would eventually fall asleep, and then the difficulty was detaching him from the sling and laying him down on the bed. The ring sling was the easiest to "detach" and lay him down without waking him up.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 02-23-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalemma View Post
H. had something very similar not long ago: his evening nursings were like feeding a squid, with the wiggling and popping off and squealing. I asked about it on the breastfeeding board here, and someone reminded me of the Wonder Weeks' theory about developmental leaps. (www.thewonderweeks.com has a calendar of the developmental leaps, if you don't have the book.)

There's a big leap right around 8 weeks that involves babies figuring out patterns (and I think their heads grow some crazy amount, too, if I'm remembering correctly.) - H. has calmed down again since then. I also signed up for their developmental-leap alarm clock/email so I won't be so surprised next time.
love the wonderweek! this is awesome. we have some major head expansion going on here, too! I think my kids just have big heads... my 5 year-old wears a child's age 8 bike helmet.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
nak

as a result of last night's ruckus, I just realized that I've had a plugged duct since morning. Am trying to nurse/pump it out and do compression in hot water. Vitamin C and rest (as much as I can w/crazy baby)...

R will be 11 weeks tomorrow. Maybe she's hitting one of those.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09

User Tag List