WEEKLY RAMBLE/CHAT for MAR 7- 14 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is so much here I want to respond to, but I don't know how to quote everyone in just one post!

Also trying to have better days w/a limited diet here too... and thank goodness baked potato w/olive oil & salt with sauteed squash on the side is yummy. But how many days can I take it? I broke down and had some chocolate two days ago - it was organic and free from most crap that gets stuffed in there, but Finn was bad for a few days. My husband is no real help - he says "something is really wrong. We should take him to a doctor." Yes, ok. But I know what went wrong and could you please just hold him and bounce around for a little while so my hand can get rid of the tingly dead-nerve feeling and I can rest my poor knees? But, on a better note, I think I can have eggs!!!! I want to eat lots tomorrow just to make sure, but so far so good and that is awesome because we raise chickens and the girls have been giving us 9+/- a day. It was tough to collect them and cook them for everyone but abstain for these past few weeks!!

I managed to find a few diferent LLL meetings to go to and one that I really like meets 2x a month, but I also feel like I have the booger-hanging-out-of-nose thing. I should be used to it since it has happened to me EVERY time I have tried to meet moms since my first son was born, but repetition does not make the feelings of lonliness go away. I went to a baby wearing group today - 1.5 hours away!! Two moms were there in addition to the two who were giving the meeting. I was expecting a bunch more and, well, I again felt like I could have been running the meeting rather than hanging back and watching. Where I live AP is so rare - it would be nice to have some accepting and understanding mammas nearby who thirst for company as I do. The only thing I can do is keep trying!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wished we all lived nearby. I will try to meet some local MDCers. There is a moms group that I got involved with a while back, but they all have cars and it was winter and trudging around in the cold was hard. They all seem to have these super easy babies and do things very differently than me. But some of them are nice and I don't need friends who are all just like me. That would be sort of boring. As long as I don't end up feeling like a freak.

It's hard being so tired and overextended to take the time to make new friends.

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand View Post
I wished we all lived nearby. I will try to meet some local MDCers. There is a moms group that I got involved with a while back, but they all have cars and it was winter and trudging around in the cold was hard. They all seem to have these super easy babies and do things very differently than me. But some of them are nice and I don't need friends who are all just like me. That would be sort of boring. As long as I don't end up feeling like a freak.
It's hard being so tired and overextended to take the time to make new friends.
I like that feeling, it makes me feel superior.

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:20 PM

you are! i'm still in awe of your cooking spree!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmandy View Post
I like that feeling, it makes me feel superior.
that is too funny... oh, baby crying... tbc

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 03-12-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Can I totally change the subject and ask you all about how DTD is going?

We've been trying but I still feel pretty.. sore. Wondering if that's still normal 3 months PP or if I need to bring it up at my PPD appointment in 2 weeks...

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

Old 03-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Yes and yes.

After my first it took a good 6 months for dtd to be enjoyable. Still, you should bring it up.

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=ithappened;15177271]Can I totally change the subject and ask you all about how DTD is going?QUOTE]

I still have zero interest. We did it once and that was enough for a while.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:56 PM

I wouldn't know because we still haven't done it. I think DH has PPD because he says he feels too broken down - fatigue and stress/baby and job.

In fact, in the last 6 months, we have done it 3 times and those 3 times were in the last week before I gave birth. (I was like, you HAVE to help me get this baby out). He tends to have a much lower sex drive than me.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 PM

I normally consider myself medium-high libido, but over the past month or so my interest has just plummeted. I think it's the nursing hormones.

It's weird. Right now, I would be perfectly happy to do it, I don't know, once a month.

Science-loving mama to one little guy (11/09).
Old 03-12-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithappened View Post
I'm almost 12w pp and we haven't even attempted to DTD yet. I keep asking, he keeps postponing. Maybe it's my re-arranged body that's turning him off.

Of course, LIFE keeps getting in the way. Gah.

As an aside.... so the nutritional yeast was ok. Where can I get the Red Star stuff? Is it just regular yeast? The stuff I got at Whole Foods was expensive but flaky and probably will be good on a lot of stuff.

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doclegs View Post
As an aside.... so the nutritional yeast was ok. Where can I get the Red Star stuff? Is it just regular yeast? The stuff I got at Whole Foods was expensive but flaky and probably will be good on a lot of stuff.
Which brand did you get? I've tried a couple before finding Red Star that were pretty gross. One brand I really think is gross is the 365 Whole Foods brand. Who knew that nutritional yeast can vary in taste. I order my natural foods in bulk from here: http://www.bulkfoods.com/yeast.htm

Quote:
Do you have a good lube? Nursing can make you especially dry down there which can lead to soreness. Having a good nonsticky lube helps a lot.

Di Linh, mama to DS1 (7), DD(4), DS2 (b 12/01/09)
Old 03-13-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
I really enjoy being friends with a mixed group of open-minded people. It's fine if everyone does things differently. In my glorious one-kid-pre-Evie-AP-saves-the-world days I made the mistake of trying too hard to only surround myself with hardcore "crunchy" moms. I since learned that it isn't always healthy to get one-sided advice and support. In groups like that, there seems to be a lot of judgement against those who do things differently. I have some close friends now who I probably wouldn't have gotten to know if Evie had been as easy to AP as Gavin was.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:04 AM

ugh... DTD... for starters, I am hardly w/o the baby. Also, I just don't care to get intimate w/my husband right now... could be because all he wants are the boobs and I am content w/just the baby having them. Maybe if he was interested in other parts of me? Dunno. Either way, ugh...

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 AM

DTD...blech. I keep reminding myself that this is sustaining my marriage. He wasn't that interested after Libby but this time I am taking better care of myself and we're spending more time together, so he's more into it. Please tell me this is good and not bad.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
DTD...blech. I keep reminding myself that this is sustaining my marriage. He wasn't that interested after Libby but this time I am taking better care of myself and we're spending more time together, so he's more into it. Please tell me this is good and not bad.
Yeah, I am in the 'sustaining my marriage' wagon too to be honest.. .

Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmandy View Post
So far I've made granola, then granola bars, several chicken breasts which I shred and freeze and then put the bones and stuff in the crock pot for broth, vegan oatmeal cookies, pancake batter, garbanzo beans, sour dough starter, dough for pita bread and started bean sprouts and cottage cheese.

We've been reading Little House, Ma Ingles is my hero.

I ordered a meat grinder today so I can make my own sausage this weekend.

Sorry for bragging, but today I feel like a super.
Mandy, you are an inspiration. I am having to make everything from scratch and though I like cooking, I certainly am not as motivated. Definitely not motivated enough to make my own sausage. LOL

Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 AM

I got a haircut today and I look hot!

I second the lube recommendation. What works for me is taking a nice hot bath, and relaxing after the kid(s) are all asleep. I then just cuddling.

When those things occur and I don't feel pressure to 'do it' I typically relax enough to dtd. But this whole scenario only happens every once in awhile.

I really have very little interest, but after I think that it isn't so bad

Honestly, having good, nonbaby related conversation does more to keep us happy together then dtd.

That is interesting about the nutritional yeast tasting different depending on where you get it. I've never really thought of it, but it makes sense. I just get mine from the bulk bins at the store--but not whole foods...

And I totally agree about the militant APers! It is good to passionate about parenting, but supportive and not judgmental. Parenting is hard enough without being judged and not supported.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 03-14-2010, 01:35 PM

I agree about the militant APers too because I have friends who are like this and I find it really annoying even though I am probably AP more than they are.

As much as I'd like to DTD sometimes, sex just isn't a huge part of our relationship and hasn't been for years. We're both too tired and so when we have the opportunity we talk and cuddle and usually fall asleep before it goes any further. BFing has dulled my sex drive enough that it's not as big a deal as when i was revving to go while I was pregnant.

I get on the plane to LA later this afternoon. The past couple of days all of a sudden R refuses to be held by anyone but DH or I. Not only refuses, but screams her head off. And my mother thinks she's going to take the baby and run off with her. Wish me luck ladies, because when I tried to warn her, she's already blamed it on me.

I will remain calm, while protecting my baby. (repeat over and over)

Old 03-14-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I will remain calm, while protecting my baby. (repeat over and over)
You'll do fabulous Momma!!!

Living Angel Baby Born 12/21/09
Three angels watching over us.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck TH-- Youre in my thoughts

Old 03-16-2010, 03:47 PM

thanks ladies. well, sunday night there was a horrible rainstorm and all flights were delayed so spent 5 hours in the airport with an incredibly cranky baby. Luckily, she calmed down once we got on the plane and I got her to sleep and nurse the whole flight. the inflatable brestfriend was great for her but SO uncomfortable for me. though not sure there is a way to be comfy with a lap infant - putting her in the moby cut off my ciculation on the plane (altitude? air pressure?).

Things are going great with my mom who got the picture when she snatched up R when we got home (R did not like the car seat AT ALL) and R began screaming her head off and it took me a while to calm her down. now she is taking direction better and R is slowly getting used to her and other people!

User Tag List