is baby a surprise or planned? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,

it seems that there are quite a few little surprise babies here...and we are one of them.

...no PPAF, no EWCM, and I just finished cancer treatments...oh ya, and we have a 2.5year old DD, and an 9 month old DS!

It was hard telling DH that I'm pregnant again.

The only reason I tested was at the advice of my oncologist before a final cancer scan.

...anyway, we are slowly adjusting to the idea, even though it is going to mean a whole lot of changes for us....larger car, larger house. I'm not sure how we are going to do it with respect to finances (I'm a SAHM). So it's a good thing we have nine months to figure it out.

it is going to be crazy in this house in January, with 3 children under the age of 4, but I'm just starting to warm up to the idea.

YIKES! I just realized that all of my maternity clothes are for an entirely different season - DD was born in July, and DS was born in August...

anyway, hope everyone is adjusting to their positive pregnancy tests!:

cheers,
charlene
#2 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 04:56 PM

Planned here, but I still can't believe our first try worked! My son was a surprise pregnancy 8 years ago. I don't think it sunk in with him until June.

Hey, I'm wondering something. My friend who had a surprise #3 needed a larger car, I get that, there's not room for three carseats in regular cars. But why house? Can't the kiddos share a room? My friend has her older ones (7 and 4) in bunk beds and the youngest (2) in a crib in the same room (he slept in their room when he was wee). Just tell me to butt out if it's none of my business, but I always wonder when I hear that one. I mean, babies are just so little, they don't take up very much room at all!
#3 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

hey there,

ya, we have a 2 bedroom, 1bathroom house...I know that we don't **NEED** a new house, but we already have the DD & DS sharing a room

...and as un-crunchy, un-AP as this sounds, I need some time/space away from the kids in order to sleep well. For the first couple weeks I don't mind sleeping in the same room, but I get a little crazy when I don't have any "away" time.

and I would like a place for family/friends to stay when they visit, as well as an extra bathroom (ours is upstairs, and feels a long way away when potty training, and for all of the extra trips I'll need to do.)

anyway, that's how I'm feeling right now.

cheers,
charlene
#4 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 05:42 PM

Well, I think all of my kids were planned in one way or another. We had a pregnancy that ended in miscarriage in February and very much desired another pregnancy. I'm so thrilled that it happened so quickly but so nervous too! I will have three kids under 3 and six other kids. It's a crazy life but we really enjoy it! :

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#5 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
All of my pregnancies have been planned. It took three full cycles to conceive this little bean.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#6 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 08:33 PM

Ours was planned, too. This was our first cycle TTC #2, and I can't believe we got so lucky! Of course I was a charting, mucous checking lunatic, but still, that doesn't really guarentee success. Counting my lucky stars.

I just asked DH the other day, does this mean we have to buy a minivan?! He said no. I don't really want one, I was just thinking that this means no more carpooling with my parents when we go on vacation or on any drives into town (they live about 40 minutes outside of a city). Eh, I guess I have time to figure this out.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#7 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Hi there,
This baby is a surprize! We want children, we just thought it would be prudent for me to finish (or be in the last year of) school before I got pregnant. Life is going to get quite crazy...
DH says it means a new car- so we can fit the our great dane pup (10 months old) into the trunk and still be able to put in a car seat, he's voting for a station wagon. But I don't think we have the financial ability to do that.... We just can't take them both out at once!
#8 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 10:05 PM

Fair enough, geo_girl! Prior to watching my friend make her situation work (another two bedroom, one bath tiny house) I would have just assumed time to move! And I hear you on the time/space for yourself. I knew by the time my son was 4 months old that I couldn't hack the SAHM gig. I needed the outside stimulation. Sometimes it's not easy to be as crunchy as we'd like.

Keeta ditto on everything you said about TTC #2!
#9 of 24 Old 04-28-2009, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Geo-girl congrats on the baby and finishing your cancer treatments! I hope that you are able to take time to relax and rest. As mom's we often forget about us.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#10 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 AM

This baby has been planned, plotted, prayed for, and even pleaded and begged for :

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#11 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Since my partner and I used donor sperm and artificial insemination I can 100% say this pregnancy was planned

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#12 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondiapers View Post
This baby has been planned, plotted, prayed for, and even pleaded and begged for :
:

We have been trying since Jan. 08 with no success. We were seeing an RE to help with my annovulation and did 5 clomid cycles. This cycle was my HSG cycle and we were suppose to start IUI in June. We were technically "on a "break--no trying but not preventing" and I ovulated on my own (first time in 18 months!) and now I am having a baby! So bizarre and surreal! We are so happy!
#13 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondiapers View Post
me too! We are so excited to be pregnant after all the time wanting and waiting. I can't wait for the pregnancy to seem more real (i.e., baby kicks, big round belly).

Charlene, what a wonderful story Cheers to all who are excited with their surprise, and to all of us who have been aching for this moment to happen! :

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#14 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM

planned, but weren't dtd every time I had EWCM, it just happened to be when I was into dtd We really wanted this baby. We had a very hard time getting pregnant with DD (#2), so are so excited!
#15 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 04:56 PM

kj
#16 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 05:23 PM

Surprise for us too!!

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(10) and Alex (7), Elizabeth (4), Joey (2), and #5 due May 29
#17 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 10:30 PM

Both -- we were actively TTC, but DH was away on business when I thought I ovulated so I thought we had no chance this month. I'm happy to have been wrong! :

Mama to sweet, funny Eli 9/05 and snuggly Akash 12/09
#18 of 24 Old 04-30-2009, 01:11 AM

Totally planned. TOTALLY planned.

Did I say TOTALLY planned? And success! Amazingly!

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#19 of 24 Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 AM

Complete surprise! We are in a tiny 2 bedroom, 1 bath house so it is a little scary. And I don't have a car. LOL Ok it's a lot scary, but I am going to try to remain positive!
#20 of 24 Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 AM

Planned, waited for, and very much hoped for... We've been TTC for ever, and our first pregnancy was a loss - hoping very much that the little worm version 1.1 would stick.

sleepytime.gif
#21 of 24 Old 05-01-2009, 06:23 PM

both! we were planning on having another, but surprised it happened so fast! Last time it took a looooong time, so we didnt really think we'd get pregnant the first time i ovulated aafter birth! SOOOOO HAPPY tho. totally ecstatic

Placenta eating EC mom to my sweet DS Skyy 08/24/08 and Lotus Birth HBAC DD Aspen 01/13/2010 Healed by her birth
#22 of 24 Old 05-02-2009, 01:44 AM

Totally a surprise. Funny, I never even caught the early symptoms that I usually notice right away. I am very happy for this Wee One, but totally did not expect it. My Baby is only 9 months old.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#23 of 24 Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 AM

We wanted to be pg but haven't been trying frequently enough for me to call it planned!! I've only had a faint positive test though so am not even sure I belong here yet!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#24 of 24 Old 05-02-2009, 02:16 AM

This baby was planned - but wow - we conceived in the first month we tried - didn't really expect that! I just took a test today on a whim this morning!

We're thrilled!

Lizbiz, wife to my man who makes me smile, and mom to one bouncy boy (08/07), one sassy girl (12/09), and one sweet new boy (08/12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page